8 - The storytelling

Amnesia

Memories is scary things,

It can hurt you,

But it also can cure you.

~quote by BIUBLANK~

After a week of spending time with his family, Youngbae returns to the dorm. He missed the dorm…nope, he misses Jiyong.

“I am back!!” Youngbae enters the dorm excited and light-hearted. But the sight breaks his heart. The dorm…the dorm is in a deep mess. Ramen cups is on the dinner table, glass is on the sofa, clothes are on the floor.

“Why I have to return here? What sin has I done to deserve this friend?” Youngbae sigh for hundred times in two minutes. Youngbae picks up the rubbish and clothes on his way to his room.

He sees that Jiyong is asleep on the chair at his study table. Hand folded on the table and head placed on the hand with back curved uncomfortably. “This brat. How long has he slept? Don’t he know what is the definition of bed”

“Jiyong-ah sleep on your bed. Don’t sleep on the table.” Youngbae shakes Jiyong shoulder slowly to wake him up.

“Hmm”

“Don’t just hmm. Move and sleep on your bed!” Youngbae persuades that sleepy head boy.

After Jiyong moves to sleep on his bed, Youngbae put blanket all over Jiyong, covering his head and wish his friend can R.I.P. Youngbae laugh silently because of that thought. Haha. Before Youngbae goes out of the room, he fixes the blanket properly.

Youngbae cleans the dorm and washes any dishes in the sink. After finished everything, he lay down in front of the TV and watch variety show to relax for a while. But of course, his peace is never long-lasting.

“Youngbae…Youngbae…Youngbae. I miss you so~~ much.” Jiyong suddenly jumps on him leaving him breathless for a moment.

“Yah! Your breath stink, stay away from me.” Youngbae pushes Jiyong away from him nicely. He just too kind to push him hard even though Jiyong breath does stink so much.

Hearing Youngbae complains, Jiyong keeps blowing his breath toward Youngbae. Jiyong keeps his mouth wide open and holds Youngbae head to force Youngbae to smell his breath. After few minutes of struggling, they stop and hug each other tightly. No doubt that both have been missing each other too much.

That evening, both Jiyong and Youngbae are at the YG building. They just greet few staff and head straight to the cafeteria. They are too hungry to chat with everyone and they are too lazy to cook. That is why they are in the cafeteria because that is the only place they can get free food.

“What are you doing last week?” Youngbae asks the boy beside him.

“Nothing. Yang Hyungsuk hyung give me homework and I just do my homework.” Jiyong answer simply.

“Yah! You should start calling him sajangnim. He is our boss and not our friend” This is…hmm. It already uncountable how many times Youngbae remind Jiyong to call Yang Hyungsuk as sajangnim. He just feels it is disrespect to call the boss as hyung.

“Arasso” Jiyong just rolled his eyes and keep eating. In the end, they keep talking and eating until they are full.

“Ah. Jiyong what homework does sajangnim give to you?” Youngbae asks remembering their previous conversation.

“Oh, he asks me to write a song. Anything that comes to my mind every day”

“Oh my god! I forget! How can I forget? I am going to get nag by sajangnim” Youngbae pull his hair as he speaks.

“Why?”

“Sajangnim ask me to do the same last week before I go home. I totally forget about it.” Youngbae said to the confused Jiyong.

“Haha. I can’t wait to see you get yelled by sajangnim tomorrow. Haha” Jiyong said while moving ahead of Youngbae, returning to their dorm.

 

 

“Jiyong, what are you writing? I cannot understand your writing at all.” Youngbae laugh at Jiyong when he sees Jiyong get nag by Yang Hyungsuk. Youngbae totally understands what Yang Hyungsuk means. Even he cannot understand what Jiyong write. The paper is full of scrabbles and words and scratches.

When they return to the dorm, Youngbae asks to see Jiyong work to find some inspiration. But Jiyong paper just made him more confused and lost inspiration. At last, Youngbae just writes what he does when he was at home.

“Youngbae, I ask you to write lyrics and songs, not some diary.” Well, he guesses he deserved that, he really does not know how to write songs.

“I do not know how to write a song, sajangnim.” Youngbae try to defend himself even he knows he is wrong.

“If you do not know then learned. Do not be stubborn and lazy. Ask your senior. We have a lot of artists in the company. I already ask them to help all trainee in this company.” Yang Hyungsuk reply scared Youngbae and probably Jiyong too.

“Ne sajangnim”

“Hmm. I want to see better work next week.”

“Ne!” Both of them answered and left the scary room.

“Did we really have lots of trainees? I thought we are the only trainee.” Youngbae wondering the same things as Jiyong.

“Maybe we have. But, we do not have a chance to meet them yet.” Youngbae just answers based on his thought. But they both know that the company cannot afford more trainee. They heard rumors that all YG artists have planned for a comeback this year and next year. It is impossible to the company to spend more money on new trainee when they need it for their artist comeback.

Little that they know, that is just rumors.

The following week, Youngbae come prepared with much better lyrics and story. That is after he gets yelled and push by their senior artists. Youngbae try to ask few artists for advice but they can only spend few minutes to give advice to Youngbae. Each one of the YG artists gives a little bit of advice and help him fix his mistake but it is not enough. Youngbae needs to learn a lot of things by himself.

Youngbae understands that now is a crucial time for all YG artist because they going to have a test to decide which artist going to have their comeback first. The better they perform in this test, the higher chance they can have comeback first.

With sajangnim busy for the test, he does not have a chance to look into Youngbae and Jiyong work. So, he just takes the paper and tells them he going to look into it later. Week after week passed with new lyrics written by Youngbae and Jiyong keep stacking on the sajangnim table.

A month after that, sajangnim called them to the office.

“Hi, guys. I am so busy these past few weeks. So, how is your work?”

“We already submit our work to you every week. But you did not even read it” Jiyong reply with a little sulk. Well, even Youngbae is sulking when he heard Yang Hyungsuk ask for their work. It is like Yang Hyungsuk never see their hard work these past few weeks.

“Oh...oh…let me find it first” it takes more than few hours for Yang Hyungsuk to finish checking their work.

“Here. Your work is getting better but it can improve more. A LOT MORE.” Yang Hyungsuk handed back their paper. Youngbae takes a look at his paper with lots of scrabble and notes.

“Youngbae, I will give you new homework. And Jiyong I want better lyrics than what you already write.” Yang Hyungsuk words take both Youngbae and Jiyong heads from their paper.

“Oh. We will have new trainees audition soon, and I want you guys to see them first. Come here in two days”

“Ne! Sajangnim” Youngbae is confused on why he and Jiyong need to see the trainees. It is not like they have anything to do with him and Jiyong.

 

 

“Sajangnim, how can you break your promise? You said I and Jiyong will debut together. Just the two of us.” Youngbae voice out his dissatisfaction when he heard that the selected trainee from the audition will debut with them.

“Well, isn’t it nice to have more friend and member. And it is not like I will ask you to debut right away. It will take at least few years to debut. So, in that time you can get to know the trainee.” Yang Hyungsuk is scared of Youngbae at that moment. Because Youngbae parent is quite scary when it comes to Youngbae and Jiyong matter. Well, Jiyong parent is scary too.

“It is not nice!!! Not at all!!! Not when you promised otherwise.” Youngbae slams the door as hard as he can. He knows it is rude for him to just go out from the room but he does not want to talk to Yang Hyungsuk right now. It feels like, he was betrayed by someone, someone he trusts whole heartily.

Sitting in the cafeteria alone give Youngbae times to think about this whole situation. He wonders why did Yang Hyungsuk did not let Jiyong know about this first. Instead, he is the one that knows they going to debut as a group.

 

~Flashback~

“Youngbae-ah, I plan to take few people to train with us. Is it great?”

“Ne sajangnim. It is great to see more friend in here. Some seem really good and talented.” Youngbae smile remembering some contestant that have a nice voice, great dance moves and some have great rap skills.

“If they train with you and Jiyong, I think they going to improve faster, right?’ Yang Hyungsuk tries to read Youngbae expression regarding his plan.

“I don’t think we will be able to help much. But we will be honored to help them sajangnim.” Feeling proud to be acknowledged for their long hard work is really good, especially by sajangnim.

“Hmmm… Youngbae-ah, I want to tell you my plan but I hope you will not tell this to anyone. Including the staff and Jiyong. Especially Jiyong.”

The last part almost unheard by Youngbae if air condition in this room is making noise but, no. Youngbae can hear it. Maybe not clear but it is unmistakable that Yang Hyungsuk said: “Especially Jiyong”.

Youngbae wonder why but nod away at the waiting answer.

“I plan to debut some trainee with you guys. I did not tell anyone about this yet, I just want to know how you would think about this” Yang Hyungsuk have hopeful eyes that Youngbae will be fine with his idea.

“I am confused, can this company afford to debut two artists at one time?”

It is Yang Hyungsuk money anyway but he just worried that if there are other trainees that debut with them, their budget will be limited.

Frustrated with dense Youngbae, Yang Huyngsuk just ready for the possible respond and directly tell him that “I plan to debut you and Jiyong in a group about four to six people. It is great right?”

Hearing the impossible plan, his heartbreak to million pieces. Youngbae loses his patience and thus the door slam accident happen.

~End of Flashback~

 

Youngbae knows nothing will change Yang Hyungsuk decision but he just hopes it will not be too soon. However, his dream was shattered when the first selected trainee comes that evening saying he going to be their new roommate.

Youngbae is beyond angry when he sees Jiyong accept the trainee very well. He thought maybe if Jiyong feels annoyed by the new trainee maybe he will tell Jiyong and let Jiyong talk to Yang Hyungsuk. Youngbae still did not tell Jiyong anything yet. Yang Hyungsuk plans to debut them as duos are gone, vanished into the thin air but right now Jiyong is smiling and talking happily with the new trainee.

Is it jealousy or is it frustration that he feels? But now, he just wants to tell everything to Jiyong. So that all hell breaks loose. Because he knows how scary Jiyong can be when he is angry, not a single soul can avoid Jiyong scary aura. Not even sajangnim.


I am SO SORRY for my subscriber, upvoter, and everyone that wait for this story. I just too lazy to write and to think at all. Hehe.

Well, here is some warning for anyone that waiting for this story "It gonna be harder for me to update this story from now on"

I just started my study and it takes a lot of my times that I rarely fantasize about anything anymore.

So, less fantasy means less story. BUT, I promise to finish this story by the time I finish my study which is in two years. So, if you are willing to wait for me please, be my guest.

Sincerely, your undedicated author,

BIUBLANK