4 - The dream

Amnesia

In the world where everyone steal something from everyone,

There are still things people cannot steal no matter how hard they try,

One of them are dream.

We own our dream, so dream away.

~quote from BIUBLANK~

As soon as everything in the police station has been settled, Daesung was dragged by his father to their car that parked in front of the police station.

“Are you happy now? Are happy that you almost died?!”

His father shouts but his voice quivered and to Daesung, his father is pitiful. He is very pitiful because Daesung knows how much his father worried about him.

“I am sorry. I am sorry I did not listen to you. I am sorry I survived that accident and make you worry. I am sorry.” Daesung did not think, or better yet, Daesung cannot think.

He doesn't even know what he feels right now. Should he feel glad that he survive or should he feel sad he survived. Because deep down Daesung feels very burden to stay alive while knowing someone else died because of him.

“W..Wh..ha...What?! What?! Did you think I will be happy that you die in that accident? Did you really think I am that bad? This whole time I care about you but now your father is a bad person that wish his only son to die because you did not listen to him. I am that bad right?” it is not a question but not a statement too. His father is upset actually, very upset.

Daesung did not mean like that. He knows his father maybe not the kindest person in the world but he is kind, very kind. Daesung takes after his father good attitude the most, and the bad attitude he passes the baton to his sister, Bora. That is why his sister is a little bit strict and manly(?) and kind, but with a temper.

“I did not mean like that father. I’m just...i’m just...i’m sorry that I make you sad and worry about me. I’m sorry”. Daesung hangs his head low and stares at the ground. He feels bad previously but now he feels worse. He never likes to upset or make his family worry about him. That is why he always work hard to make them proud.

After few second of silent, his father turns away from him and get inside to start their car. His mother and sister just follow after his father. However, tonight his mother sit in front, beside the driver seat. Usually, she will sit at the back with Bora. Closing the door, his mother sits facing the front window.  He and his sister look at each other for a moment before his sister gets inside and sit behind their father seat, her favorite position.  With Bora leaving Daesung standing outside alone, he finally breathes. Heavy and deep breath. In the end, Daesung joins his family.

“I think this for the best”, maybe Daesung think too loud and clear, that is why his sister next to him replied, “Yes, I think this is for the best”. Even though Daesung is shocked, he looks at his sister then he smiles, a painful smile.

Their journey home is very quiet. Only the sound of air-conditioned can be heard in this car. Daesung thought maybe this is what they called awkward silent. The fact that everyone in this car did not utter any word because of his mistake, make he feel more awkward than everyone else.

After 20 minutes drive, his father stops in front of three story building. Daesung thinks of nothing. His mind blanks from everything. Actually not nothing, it is everything. He thinks too much with his medium size brain making his mind messy. Like a brain drawing gets colored by a perfectionist with black color. Perfectionist that will never leave a single spot uncoloured in that black color brain. No room for reality.

“Go chase your dream and if later you realize how stupid is your dream, don’t blame us. We give our best to make you happy and buy everything you want, but you choose your dream over us. This dream of yours even makes me look like a bad father. So, go. Get out!”

Daesung just staring at his father back. He did not understand anything his father talking about. But then, he feels a pat on his hand. It is from his sister.

“This is YG Entertainment. Go chase your dream but don’t forget to come home, okay?” his sister gives him a sweet smile.

Daesung look at his mother if she has anything to say and she just keeps quiet. But Daesung sees she bring her hand to her face. Daesung knows she cry. He just makes the most important person in his life cry.

‘Did he deserve to chase his dream anymore? Did he deserve to hurt his mother that care about him? Will he be happy to be an artist now? After he hurt his family?’. Daesung knows he did not deserve all of it. So he decides to stop chasing the impossible dream and go back to normal life. A life where everyone is happy.

“I don’t want to go anymore. Let’s just go home.”

“No, just go Daesungie. I know you want to be a singer and I don’t want you to regret not trying this”, finally his mother speaks.

This is Daesung weakness, his mother. He sighs once again, deep long sighs.

“I don’t want to go. I choose my family over my dream. My dream is nothing compared to all of you. I will not be happy even if I go now. I am sorry I make all of you upset today. So, let go home. Ne?”

“Did you think we will be happy listening to this? We will not be happy knowing that we push you to things you do not want to be. Did we upset? Of course we upset. But not because you go to the company, but because you go without telling us. It is hurt to know that you do not trust us enough to tell us everything. If you want to be an artist, be brave and tell us. Not like this, going behind our back.”

Daesung turns around and faces his sister. Daesung tries to sink in everything his sister babbling about.

Daesung takes a deep long breath and exhales it slowly. He ready. Even he lose everything, he is ready.

Omma, appa, noona, I want to be a singer, I want to learn about music. Please give me your blessing. I wish from all of you” Daesung voice out his thought loud and clear.

“I give you my blessing. Go chase your dream son. Omma will always support you”

“Nado...me too. I give you my blessing and please find a beautiful sister in law for me later.”

Daesung chuckle listening to his crazy sister. He is only 17 years old, too young to think about girlfriend.

Daesung waits for his father blessing. But, it is already five minutes, his father still did not say anything. Not even trying to open his mouth. Daesung will not come out from this car until his father gives his blessing.

After 10 minutes his father finally said something. That is “Get out!”. Being stubborn, Daesung stays in the car until his father shouts again. “I said get out from my car!!”

Shock and scared, Daesung finally step out of the car. But before he closes the door, he heard his father say “Don’t forget to call every day”.

With that said, Daesung knows his father give him his blessing.

“I will come home later. Please take care and drive carefully. Noona, take care of them. Appa and momma, I am sorry and I am thankful for supporting me. I will work hard and make you proud” Daesung close the car door and bow 900 before his father drives away.

Daesung faces the three story building. Excited, happy and scared, Daesung can feel it flowing in his body.

“Here I come. Fighting!!!”

Sir...sir...can you hear me? Sir, please open your eyes. I do not want to be a killer. Sir, please wake up.”

“Sir...sir...wake up...wake up...wake...please...please. Arghhh!!!!!” Daesung wakes up with tears on his face and sweat all over his body. Daesung takes few deep breath and exhales slowly trying to regulate his heart. The accident is too fresh and it makes Daesung scared, scared to death.

“Did that man died? He died right? He died because of me right? Yeah..it is my fault.”

Daesung let the negative thought consume him for about an hour before he wakes up from his sleeping mattress and goes to the washroom. After washing his face, Daesung just sits on his bed again replaying today’s event.

Flashback

“Why are you late? You can be kicked out from this company right at this moment you know? So, you better have a good reason for this”. No matter how soft this woman in front of him ask, everyone knows that is a threat and this woman is mad.

Well, Daesung cannot really blame this woman because he is at fault right now. No one can be fine if they are disturbed at 1 in the morning. Even he has a lot of patience, he will definitely be cranky if this happens to him.

“I am sorry, actually, I am involved in a car crash on the way here. So I was taken to police station to get statements.” Daesung doubts if he should continue or just leave it until here.

“Well, taken to police station cannot take this long. Now is 2 in the morning!!! Are you really being held for 10 hours? Tell me the truth! We do not need a liar in this company.”

“I am not lying. We really being held for 10 hours. Maybe less few minutes because it takes time to come from the police station to here.”

“It is impossible to be held that long! Did someone die? Did you hit someone to death?”, maybe it is pass through her mind but after she finishes talking, she saw Daesung shock face. Then, she knows something did happen. Feeling tired and sleepy and mostly guilty she just usher Daesung to his room.

“You can sleep in here first. Actually, this is trainee dorm but since you are not officially YG trainee yet you cannot sleep here. But, I don’t want to disturb other trainees so you just stay here until tomorrow morning. No one is on this side of the dorm, so you can rest quietly.”

“Thank you so much. Thank you.”

“Remember to meet me in practice room 1 tomorrow morning at 8. Do not be late! If you are late again, I will definitely kick you out tomorrow. Make sure you sleep well because you going to have a full tortures day tomorrow...only if you are not getting kick out.”

That woman just leaves Daesung in his room and shut down the door.

“I need to wash up and sleep. My day going to start tomorrow. Fighting!!”

Flashback end

That is how Daesung wake up sweating all over his body now. He did not realize when did he fall asleep because he is too tired.

After few minutes of stretching, Daesung goes to take a bath and return afresh. He opens his bag to find a clean shirt. He plans to sleep again because it is only 3 am now. He will need all the energy he can to face his first day as YG trainee tomorrow.

“I did not wash my feet before I sleep. Maybe that is why I dreaming about this. That man probably still alive. He did not have any major injury as I remember.”

Daesung tries his best to be positive and relax. This will help him to fall asleep faster. However, after tossing around few times, he gives up.

“Arghhh!!! I should not take shower, now I am too fresh to sleep again.” In the end, Daesung just keeps looking at the ceiling of this new room.

“!! I did not ask for her name. How can I find her later. Omo.” Now Daesung is more awake than ever. With all the thought and blank moments, Daesung finally fall asleep again at 7.30am.

Loud sound can be heard everywhere. Even ambulance siren is very clear now. It just feels like he is in the ambulance. Daesung tries to open his eyes and look around. He sees two medical assistants trying to wake him up and monitor his heartbeat.

‘What happen? Why he cannot remember anything?’

“I am sorry to inform we already try our best but the patient suffers from a major head injury. The crash has caused severe damage to his brain. During the operation, he suddenly going into shock and experience excessive bleeding. For now, we put him in intensive care unit and see how he get from there. He maybe coma for a long time or he can experience more shock which can lead to death. So please be prepare and expect the worse.”

“He gonna be okay right doctor? Please save him doctor!” an old man kneels and begs the doctor. That old man is crying hard.

‘Who is this old man? Am I dead?’ Daesung doesn't know that old man but he gets a feeling this is about him.

Suddenly, someone taps his right shoulder. A young and handsome man is beside him. He knows this young man. He did not notice but a drop of water hit his shirt.

“You..you are that man right? The one I crash yesterday right? Did you die? Are you here to revenge?” Daesung does not know did he feel scared or relief. But he does feel something.

“Hi, my name is Kira. I am here to tell you something. Whatever happen to me is not your fault, I believe God has its way to tell something. So, don’t blame yourself. Arasso?”

Daesung is speechless. He feels relief with this man assurance but at the same time, he knows this is his fault. Something did happen to this man.

“But you did get hurt because of me. I am totally to be blamed right? Please, tell me anything to save you. Please. I will do anything as long as you are alive.” Daesung face is calm but tears did not stop flowing.

“I hope for you to say that. Because I have something to ask you.” Kira smile while talking to Daesung.

“What? Anything I can help at all.” Daesung stops crying and started to smile.

“I have a best friend. He is here in this hospital with me. I am afraid I cannot take care of him anymore. So I would like to ask you to help look for him. His parents probably did know we involve in a car crash. Please take care of him. He is special and he is alone now. I ask for your help. Please...please take care of him.” Kira started crying thinking about Seunghyun. Seunghyun is not alone physically, he has family and friends. But he is alone mentally. Kira knows Seunghyun problem...in fact, he knows everything about Lee Seunghyun.

“I promise to find and take care of him. But promise me you will try to stay alive. Please stay alive.”

“I will try my best. But please don’t blame yourself and please take care of him. Remember his name is Seunghyun.”

“Ne...I will take care of him.”

“I have to go now. Please take care of yourself and please pray for me too.” Kira slowly fades with a smile on his face.


 I am so sorry for my subscriber and everyone that comment and wait for my story. I know how torturous it is to wait for a story update and you guys have been waiting for more than 3 months. I just get catch up with my students and when I have free time I just too lazy to write. There is nothing more to say than sorry. Thank you for your comment and subscribe. OIt gives me strength to keep writing

BTW, I apply for KGSP to further my study, I hope everyone can pray for me. It is really hard to continue study with the current economy problem. So this is my only hope to continue my study. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY SUCCESS. 

p/s: if you pray for me, maybe I will update another chapter tomorrow. Hehehe

Sincerely,

BIUBLANK

Your undedicated writer.