7 - The friend

Amnesia

Best friends do not stay together,

Best friends stay forever.

~quote by BIUBLANK~

It is no mistake when he said he hate that boy, that small little human being that ready to be punched. Why? Because of that certain boy, Yang Hyungsuk and few staffs wake him up at 3 in the morning. 3 freaking morning!!!  He is damn tired after dance practice and studying. He just finishes study about an hour ago and just fell asleep about half an hour after that. But because of that boy, he was forced to wake up. Can't that boy stop making trouble, because he is tired enough to cover up his .

"Youngbae, do you really do not know where is Jiyong right now? His last paper is this afternoon but he is not in the dorm yet. Did you know where he possibly goes to? Did you have any idea?"

Yang Hyungsuk is desperate for the answer. He thought Jiyong will come to the dorm right after his last paper. Yang Hyungsuk knows Jiyong cannot stay away from music for too long but, with Jiyong not in the dorm he afraid that Jiyong might have developed a new interest for these past few months.

"Sajangnim, I do not know where he is right now. After his last paper, he did come back here and stay for about 15 minutes. But then, he said he want to go to YG to show you something. After that, I never see him again..." Youngbae answer truthfully. "He better not let me see his face tonight or I will kick his " Youngbae mumbled the last sentence to himself.

"But, Jiyong did not come to see me at all today. I did wait for him."

"I do not know where he is Sajangnim"

"Haish...where is he? Arasso, you continue your sleep. You have your last paper tomorrow, right?" Yang Hyungsuk looks at the sleepy Youngbae.

"Ne Sajangnim"

"Arasso. Go to sleep now so that you did not sleep during exam later. I will go out on my own, you do not have to send me to the door."

"Thank you for understanding" Youngbae cannot help expressing his dissatisfaction toward Yang Hyungsuk.

Yang Hyungsuk indeed hears the sarcasm in Youngbae words but who to blame, it is his fault by the way, waking up the poor boy. So, he just walks out of the dorm still wondering where is Jiyong go.

 

 

Even without proper sleep, Youngbae still able to wake up early, at 7 am. Maybe because it already become a habit to wake up early, Youngbae cannot help when his eyes want to open exactly at 7.13am that morning even his body refuse to function well yet.

After few minutes of his mind telling his body to move, Youngbae finally gets up and do few stretching and head straight to the bathroom.

“It is better to be ready early so that we have time to do final revision with the others later” That is what Youngbae mind keep persuade his body so that the tired limp move.

Once Youngbae steps out of his room, he sees a log on the sofa in the living room. A human log. A human that get his kick right away after few seconds of the encounter with Youngbae.

“Yah!!! It's hurt!!! Why did you kick me?!” Jiyong shouts angrily. He is too sleepy to wake up this early.

“Why?! You ask me why?! Did you have any idea what I have been through last night? Did you know who wakes me up at 3 o’clock last night searching for you? 3 o’clock!!” Youngbae shout to his sleepy best friends.

“Haish. I know your sajangnim wake you up because of me. I am sorry okay.” Jiyong sleepy voice is disturbing to Youngbae ears.

“Sorry does not fix everything you know. Where are you last night? Why did you not come back?” Youngbae is calmer now. He is not shouting anymore but his words still not soft as usual.

“You go to school and finish your exam then we talk.” Jiyong already climbs back to the sofa to continue his sleep.

“Yah!! Did you know how sleepy I am right now because of you? Yet you dare to continue your sleep in front of me! Don’t you know how to be responsible?!”

“Youngbae-ah…I know you are sleepy that is why I will take full responsibility for my action. I will sleep on your behalf for two hours…if it not enough I can increase my punishment to 4 hours. Whatever you want. Now, don’t worry and you can go get ready. Go!!”

Youngbae is speechless of how ‘responsible’ Jiyong is right now. It really amazed him that he willing to give up the fight and get ready for his school.

“Yah!! Go sleep on your bed, I don’t want to see you when I go to school. It makes me bad mood and it can be a jinx to my result later.”

After finish showering, Youngbae heads back to his shared room with Jiyong to wear his school uniform. He sees Jiyong is fast asleep in his bed.

“This brat…I told him to sleep on his own bed but he sleeps in my bed. It is not even 30 cm to reach his bed. Aigoo. What will I do with you Jiyong-ah”

 

 

Freedom is so heaven. Now that Youngbae has finished his final exam, he can focus more on his training. He wants to debut faster and become famous together with Jiyong. Thinking about Jiyong, Youngbae cannot forget the day they meet and become friends.

~Flashback~

It has been months since his audition in YG but, no news come to him yet. Is he accepted or is he rejected? Youngbae have no idea at all. If he was rejected, this is the worst way possible to reject someone. They should tell the reason why he was rejected or at least tell that he was rejected so that he did not hold on to hopeless hope.

After waiting for few more days, Youngbae gathers his courage and go to YG. He wants to ask the CEO himself why he was rejected. At least that is what he hopes for. As soon as he reaches the YG building, he was greeted by smiling staff.

“Can I help you, young boy?” A sweet woman around 30 years old greets him politely. He suddenly feels shy and discourages to meet the CEO. Is it because the way he dresses? He just wears a plain blue t-shirt with long black jeans. It is 3600 different from the woman in front of him. She was tall and wearing a black pencil skirt with black and white dress tucked inside her skirt. She just looks too professional.

Before he can utter a single word, he heard his name being called. He turns around and saw the man who called him.

“Youngbae right?” that man asked with a smile on his face. Only one-word reply “Yes” come out from Youngbae mouth.

“You are the one that records in our music video a few months ago, right? How are you? I am glad to see you. You look like you grow up a little bit. Haha”

“I am fine…hyung?”

“Yah Jinu! Come here!” the man in front of him shout when he saw the other man walk passed the main door.

“What is it with you shouting in the morning Sean?” that Jinu guys ask annoyed but with a small smirked on his face.

“Do you remember this boy? He is me…little me” Sean reply excitedly.

After few second of observing the boy in front of him, Jinu laughs and agreed with what Sean said.

“It is you. Hahaha. What are you doing here, Youngbae?”

Youngbae was confused and beyond shocked that JiunSean recognized him. They are a big celebrity at that time and they recognized someone like him. Wow. And what with he is Sean?

“A…an...annyeounghaseyo” that is the only thing Youngbae can think of amidst the situation. Youngbae heard both men in front of him laugh.

“Did they think I am is silly? Did they see like I am lost?” there are lots of thought in Youngbae mind which left him staring blankly at both guys.

“We ask you what are you doing here?” Sean asks after their laugh died down.

“I want to see sajangnim” Youngbae just answered sincerely without noticing how silly is the request.

“Why do you want to see sajangnim? Is there any problem with the payment of your appearance before?” both men turn from a man that laugh happily to a serious man.

“Aniyo. Sajangnim promise to let me be a trainee in here after I audition before. But until today I did not here any news yet. So, I come to ask him why I was rejected.”

Both men are speechless and laugh after that. Long gone the serious man.

“We are going to see sajangnim too. Let’s go with us” Jinu said while putting his hand on Youngbae shoulder.

 

 

After both men come out from Yang Hyungsuk office, they invite Youngbae to enter the room before both of them left him alone in front of the door. Youngbae was hesitated to knock the door because he suddenly went blank and forget what he wants to ask the CEO.

Youngbae raised his hand to knock and put it back down for about three times. Then he heard someone knock the door beside him. Youngbae was startled and move backway a little bit. Then he heard the voice behind the door to ask him to enter.

“Yes Youngbae, what can I help you?” Yang Hyungsuk did not lift his head from the document on his table when he asks the question.

“I want to go to Jinusean concert next month” the boys beside him speaks instead of him.

Shocked, Yang Hyungsuk lift his head and see the boy…and him(?).

“What are doing here?! And the answer is NO! You have an intensive class that day. You have been lacking in your study and your parent attack me already. So, no concert whatever for you.” Sajangnim answers sternly and glares the boy.

“I do not want to go to that intensive class. It is so boring.” that boy answered a little bit shaking then earlier.

“I’m not going to allow you go and that is final. Now get out, I have something to discuss with other people.

“I don’t care! I will go to the concert! Sean hyung already gives me a free ticket. Huh.” That boy turns around to exit the room.

“Then, let me introduce you your roommate from today onward. This is Youngbae and he is the new trainee of our company and he will be your rival. If you keep your troublemaker behavior, I can promise you Youngbae will debut before you.” For Youngbae, that is one big threat but the boy seems unaffected by the threat.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kwon Jiyong. Nice to meet you, roommate.” Jiyong just takes Youngbae hand to shake and left the room.

Youngbae did not hear anything that sajangnim said after Jiyong left but he did hear one thing clearly, “Youngbae, welcome to YG. Bring your parents to discuss contract later.”

Before Youngbae left the room, Yang Hyungsuk called him and what that old man said really shock him.

“Please help me control that boy, Jiyong, and please befriend with him”

From that day, Youngbae knows his days will never be peaceful again.

~ End of flashback~


Finally, I updated this story. Sorry for the late update. BTW I edit some part in Jiyong POV chapter 6. Because when I read it, it just so .

For all VIP, congratulation for TOP health and Jiyong comeback. I love all the song especially that 'Truman Show' part. ( I forget the song title. hehe)

Oh one more thing, THANK YOU SOO much to my subscriber and commenter and upvoter. It means a lot to me. Thank you for your patient too.