2 - The start

Amnesia

Feeling is one of the greatest gifts God offered to you,

Feeling can tell you good from bad and bad from good,

But, feeling cannot work alone, it needs logic to work perfectly,

Follow these two and everything will be just fine.

~quote from BIUBLANK~

Lee Seunghyun hates lying and he rarely lies. He rarely lies to anyone, not to his family, not to his friend, not to Kira and not to himself. But, there were situation and moment when a lie is desperately necessary. Be it to solve a problem faster or to avoid any heart feeling or even to avoid any unnecessary worries toward him. This is the moment when Lee Seunghyun disappointedly has to lie.

Sometimes, his lies were discovered and sometimes he able to hide it until the lies are no longer held any meaning to be kept secret. Lee Seunghyun is friendly, too friendly actually. That is why his lie always been discovered, because everyone knows him. 2 weeks is the longest time he able to keep his lie before someone told on him, mostly his own friends.

But, there is one particular lie that Seunghyun have been kept for 2 freaking years. Seunghyun afraid that, going and living in Seoul can make someone discovered his secret. Desperate and critical decision need to be made before things go out of control.

“Kira...I don’t think I want to go to Seoul anymore.” Seunghyun sad smile appears for the second time today.

“Yeah right. Don’t go, if you go I will be missing you. So don’t go, okay?” Kira excitedly said. He didn’t see Seunghyun sad smile. He thought Seunghyun just playing around, hah, stupid Kira.

“Yeah...that why I don’t want to go. I want to study hard and become a teacher like you. I want to be together with you forever. Wait, Kira let’s get married. That way, I can be with you together forever” with stretching and longer ‘ver~’, Seunghyun knee down in front of Kira with shining eyes.

Now that Kira saw that shining eyes, he started to have doubt. Seunghyun is not someone that able to hide emotion easily, opposite of that, Seunghyun emotion can be read very clearly on his face.

“What happen Seunghyun?” Kira asks seriously. Not a tone of playfulness can be heard from the previous occasion.

That tone and that face on Kira means you have to answer it and don’t even dream of lying. Because that is the moment Kira can connect with UFO and they give him the power to read mind.

Sometimes Kira is scary and dangerous,” thought Seunghyun.

“Nothing. I just don’t want to leave you and our friend here. My family is here too” that is the best excuse Seunghyun can think of.

“How dare you lie to my face! What secret you don’t want anyone to know by the way?” Kira's face is red as a tomato. Maybe because he tries to hard to connect with that UFO to read Seunghyun mind.

If you ask Seunghyun why to bother  to lie when he know Kira can read his mind. He probably answers “Well there is nothing wrong with trying” the same answer when Kira ask him that exact question.

“Well I would love to lie to your instead of your face but it’s rude to look at someone when you are talking to them”

Seunghyun answer causes powerful smack to his head from Kira. He deserves it tho. No heart feeling at all, they always play like this.

“I just don’t want to see him there Kira. You know how I feel about him, I’m still hurt. It not that easy to forgive him” Seunghyun sad face almost success in deceiving Kira. ALMOST.

“ you, this is the second time you lie directly to my face. What is your problem? You better tell me honestly or I gonna flirt with your sister. And I pretty sure Hanna will fall in love with my handsome face and my sweet talk.” Kira smirk remembering how protective Seunghyun toward his sister.

“Don’t you freaking dare!!! And it’s bad to swear. I will never allow my sister to go out with someone that has a foul mouth and ugly like you!” Seunghyun shouts as loud as he can. It weird to even think about your sister going out with your best friend.

Kira loves Seunghyun priceless face when he shouts. It is cute and ugly at the same time. Ha ha ha.

“You better answer me honestly now or else...” once again that playful smirk of Kira starts to boil Seunghyun blood.

“Okay. I’m just having a bad feeling about going to Seoul next month. I have nightmare these few days. I think that is a sign and warning for me to not go to Seoul next month.” That is at least half the truth tho. Seunghyun really gets nightmare these past few days. He thought that is a sign maybe he did not pass the audition. But since he gets the result this morning, he knows that is the sign for him to not go to Seoul.

“Ridiculous. I personally will send you to Seoul next months. So stop thinking and stop saying stupid things.” Kira hugs Seunghyun shoulder to give him all the support he needs.

“But Kira doesn't know to ride a bicycle, can he really drive me to Seoul. Hmm.” Seunghyun just leaves this thought alone. No need to doubt his best friend.

“Damn! I thought you going to drive me to Seoul. What with this nearly fall apart van doing in front of my house!?” Seunghyun totally in bad mood this morning.

Hanna doesn’t stop cling to him and he cannot find his freaking sleeping pill since last night. Plus when he heard vehicle honk just now he thought he can at least ride in Kira old man car. Even though that car is old, the air cond work well. Not like the van in front of him now. The van is old, the bumper already missing, the rim cap also missing and most importantly, all window was down, an indicator that no air cond available. In this hot summer, air cond is essential.

 “Are you crazy? I can’t even borrow my father cloth and you expect me to borrow his car. Not just borrow; you want me to drive you to Seoul. You either really crazy or you have been possessed by a ghost. We still kid. We don’t have a licence you idiot.” A moment of silence before Kira continues his speech again. “And no swearing!!!”

“But you said you will personally send me to Seoul or is that all just a lie?” Seunghyun pout, but not cute pout. It is more like a sarcastic pout.

“Oh babe, I’m not like you. I never lie. I will send you to Seoul but uncle Kwang will send us. You don’t know how long I have to beg my father to allow me to go to Seoul. And you don’t know how much I have to pay to uncle Kwang to let us ride with him today. It causes me my whole month allowance you know.” Kira sad and disappointed face can make Seunghyun feel very sorry, if not for uncle Kwang big mouth and told that he let them ride for free.

“That jerk!” Seunghyun bad mouth Kira in his mind.

“Let’s go! I have to send that side dish to my son, he has presentation to do this evening.” Said uncle Kwang while pointing to the side dish stack at the back of the van.

After all hugs and kisses with his parent, Seunghyun lower down his body to hug and kiss his beautiful sister. But, as Seunghyun sit eyes level with Hanna, she starts to cry and cling to Seunghyun neck tightly.

They only have each other to play. With Seunghyun going to Seoul, Hanna will be alone. That make Seunghyun cry. His family, especially Hanna is his biggest weakness. With their parent always busy, Seunghyun and Hanna grow to depend on each other too much.

“Oppa will come back okay? Oppa only go for awhile, later when oppa come back oppa gonna buy you a toy. The one like your friend Midori has in her house, okay?”

Even though Hanna nodded but she still doesn't let go of Seunghyun neck and definitely not stop crying. His mother has to take Hanna by force because uncle Kwang needs to arrive in Seoul before 1 o’clock afternoon, and now it’s already 10am.

After all the kdrama in front of Seunghyun house, they start their journey to Seoul. Half way on the road, uncle Kwang got a call from his son.

“Seunghyun, can you pass me the phone?” uncle Kwang eyes focus on the road while his hands ask for the phone.

After Seunghyun picks up the phone and accepts the call, he passes it to uncle Kwang.

“Ne, Hee-yah. Appa on the way right now. I will arrive in another 2 hours. You...” uncle Kwang suddenly stops talking. Maybe to listen to his son talking.

“Appa will buy all your needs first before go to see you then. Just message me the list... Arasso... Bye”

Seunghyun adores uncle Kwang and his son relationship. They always play together and they love each other too much. His father also loves him too much but he just doesn't have enough time to play with Seunghyun. Usually, his father goes out early morning and come back at 6pm. At 6pm, you can only play outside for awhile before you need to go home and most of the time his father just too tired to play with him. He understands his father’s work but sometimes he does feel jealous when he sees other children play with their parents.

After few minutes, uncle Kwang phone ring. Probably just a message of something to buy from his son. Uncle Kwang read the message for a moment before he starts typing something on his phone. Seunghyun that keep looking at uncle Kwang did not notice the speeding car in front of them.

The moment uncle Kwang notice the car, it is too late. They already crash with the back of that speeding car, making the speeding car spin for few times before crash with another car before it stops. Their van rolls twice and stops with all tyres facing upward.

Uncle Kwang was thrown outside from the broken front mirror while Kira was thrown outside from the open back door. Seunghyun sees everything before his head hit the front dashboard and he passed out.

Seunghyun wakes up with a major headache a week later. He cannot open his eyes and every sound he heard, it is like someone put earphone in his ear and put it in full volume. He takes about 5 minutes before he starts open his eyes. The first thing he saw is an old plain white ceiling with few moulded parts.

Seunghyun did not comment or even think of anything about that ceiling. He just wants to get his mind back to where it should be, in his brain. 15 minutes staring that ceiling blankly, two nurses come to check his blood pressure.

“Oh, you finally wake up. I will call the doctor to check up on you. Wait for a moment, Mr Lee.”

Mr Lee?” Seunghyun asks with a smile. His voice crack and his throat really hurt with that simple word.

Both nurses look confuse with that question or, is it with his current voice. Seunghyun doesn't really care.

One of the nurses with name tag Elly come forward and put water in a glass before passing it to Seunghyun. Another nurse goes out to call the doctor.

2 minutes later, Polo shirt male doctor with nice brown coloured hair style come in. Elly passes him the blood pressure chart.

“So, I see you wake up. Your blood pressure reading is normal, and I see you respond to movement well. But are you feeling well?” ask the doctor.

“I’m feeling okay but not that well. My head hurt so much.”

“Okay. But considering you hit your head quite hard it is normal to feel hurt for few days. You will be fine after few days rest. Don’t worry.”

“I hit my head? Wher...” Seunghyun just suddenly passed out again.


I think I wrote long enough but, it just 2,000 words. I think 2,000 words is my limit for every chapter. Even my research paper introduction is less than this. By the way, thanks for all my subscribers and sorry for the late update. Next update will be about other BB member...I hope.