Petal (NaCho)

Apink Love Story

​​​

DESCRIPTION: In which Naeun is confused in whether she should tell Chorong her feelings or not.

(Based on Apink-Petal lyrics)


 

'Do I like her or not'?

This question keeps repeating in Naeun's head as she pulls out the petals from the flower. Until none was left.

"I do not really know." Naeun sigh as she still don't know the answer of her own question.

Naeun was in the garden, just simply playing with the flowers, getting off their petals. She stood up as she realizes the mess she has made. It was not actually a mess, it just petals and the stem of the flower being thrown to the ground, it still looks beautiful tho.

Being a very curious person, she moved to another place to find an answer to her burdensome question.

She then walk towards the well, not too far from the garden. 

"They said any wish will be granted in this well." Naeun told herself.

She then look for a coin inside her sling bag then she found one.

Naeun close her eyes as she wished. She wished that she will know the answer. 

She then kiss the coin and throw it to the well.

"I hope this well will grant my wish." Naeun smiled, being positive to herself.

It's not that she doesn't want to fall in love with her but she just wanted to be sure. Atleast, she could prevent herself for being way too obvious towards her.

"Naeun!" A familiar soft voice called her name. Naeun immediately turn around to face her, she was running towards her.

'Be calm Naeun, Be calm. Don't be so obvious that you're happy she's looking for you.'

Naeun tried to calm herself. She doesn't know that even her feelings towards her is kinda obvious, she doesn't know if this is love.

"Hi Chorong unnie." Naeun gave her usual smile.

"Are you not going inside? there are food there to eat."

"Or do you want to continue shooting a mv here." Chorong joked.

Even it's not that funny, Naeun smiled. She must have a similiar kind of joke as Chorong that's why she smiled. She thought.

They were filming their 'Petal' mv just this morning and Naeun is still not over the place. 

"It's so beautiful here." Naeun said while looking at Chorong.

"Yeah, it really is." Chorong replied smiling while looking at Naeun.

Naeun broke their eye contact and sigh, 'You're much beautiful than this place.'


NEXT DAY...

Today is just a normal day of Apink in their dorm. As usual Bomi, Namjoo, Eunji and Hayoung are loud, no difference between oncam and offcam.

Naeun is alone in her room which she shared with the maknae, Hayoung. She was still bothered by her questioning heart.

She wants to ask Hayoung but Hayoung is still  young for this stuff.

Naeun sigh and started to divert her attention to reading books instead. A horror-thriller book. 

But Naeun felt bored reading the book, she can't concentrate, so then she left the book on her bed and decided to get out of her room, and be with her noisy members.

As she goes out and went straight going to the noisy living room, she saw Chorong with them. She stopped in her place and look at her from afar, frowning.

She saw Chorong and Bomi being affectionate to each other. She's jealous.

She's so close with Chorong before the debut but as the time passes by, Chorong is being SO close with Bomi every single day.

It's not the first time Naeun felt jealous but each day, she pitied herself. All the jealousy could be the answer but still she wanted to be sure.

Naeun sigh and just decided to be with them. She's sitting a little far from Chorong. She doesn't want to ruin ChoMi's moment.

She just laugh along with her crazy members who are crazily singing a karaoke of their own song.

NIGHT TIME...

All of them were now on their rooms, ready to sleep except for Naeun. She decided to be alone in the living room, lying down on the couch.

All her thoughts were about the sweet scene of Chorong and Bomi awhile ago. 

"Naeun." A soft voice whispered at her ears. Naeun immediately back to reality. She saw Chorong's face so close to her.

Naeun was startled, she immediately get up. She saw Chorong smiling at her actions.

"Am I that scary?" Chorong jokingly asked.

Naeun shook her head while looking down, "No, you're not."

Chorong smiled and sat beside Naeun.

"Why are you not sleeping yet?" Chorong asked.

"I can't sleep." Naeun replied.

Chorong just nod her head.

"If you have any problem, just tell me. I'm ready to listen." Chorong said while looking at Naeun who is still putting her head down.

"Okay." Naeun replied.

Chorong sigh, "Look at me."

Naeun slowly lift her head and look at Chorong.

Chorong just smiled then patted Naeun's head, "I'll go to bed now." She said and leave Naeun alone.

Naeun's eyes followed the leader.

"I don't like her, I don't like her." She told herself.


NEXT DAY...

After their showcase, they all went back to their dorm to rest while Chorong didn't go with them.

Naeun being the outdated one asked, "Why Chorong not with us?" She is in the back seat.

"She has a taping." Eunji replied.

"Oh." Naeun suddenly remembered, Chorong is still having taping of 'Plus Nine Boys '. 

She knows Chorong having a drama but she decided not to watch.

When they all arrived in the dorm, all of them make their way to their rooms to rest or take a nap. Because it was a tiring day.

But Naeun, who is used to being tired all the time (due to having many schedules) decided to watch tv instead.

She knows what time Chorong's show is aired so luckily she was able to watch the start of today's episode.

Naeun is so focused at the beauty of the main actress, she can feel her lips curved upwards, and her eyes twinkling like stars. 

She wished that there will be no kissing scene in the episode she currently watching.

But her wish wasn't granted. The scene in the library came. They kissed.

Naeun felt her heart hurting, she closed her eyes and laughed, a bitter laugh.

"You're so lucky, Sungjae." 

Naeun suddenly shook her head and open her eyes, "Does this mean I really like her?" She asked herself.

She suddenly remembered her conversation with her mother the other night.

 

(FLASHBACK)

Naeun was lying on the couch, all her members were at their rooms already. Naeun decided to call her mother since she missed her mother so much.

"Hello eomma~" Naeun's voice is full of longing to her mother.

"Oh Naeun-ah, why are you still awake? It's already late." Her mother replied.

"I miss you so much eomma~I just can't sleep." 

"I miss you too, Naeun-ah~ Is something bothering you, it's seems so impossible that you can't sleep right away."

Naeun was thinking if she should ask or not. But then its her mother, and mother knows best and she trust her.

"Yep. Something's bothering me. I need your help mom." Naeun get up and lean her head on the couch.

"What is bothering you, Naeun-ah?" Her mother's voice is worried.

"I think I like someone but I don't know if I really have feelings for that person." Naeun calmly told her mother.

Naeun can hear her mother chuckled at her confession. "Yah eomma, don't tease me~" Naeun whine like a child.

"No, I'm not teasing you. Its just that the signs of being in love with someone is obvious, you should know that" Her mother replied.

Naeun thought about it, she's been playing a role in a drama in which she fell in love with the other character. She must know that. But she wanted to hear it from her mother through real experience.

Her mother then share the signs. Naeun listens attentively.

Almost all the signs her mother told her, she experienced towards Chorong. She stared Chorong for a long time, she misses and thinks of her a lot, she feels happy when she's with Chorong, she mimic her movements sometimes and she felt jealous when Chorong with another man, even with Bomi, she felt jealous.

Naeun sighs, she then thanked her mom and ended the call. She can't believe herself.

She lie down again while staring at the ceiling, mainly thinking about those moments she felt jealous.

(END OF THE FLASHBACK)

"No way! What should I do then?" Naeun stood up and walk back and forth. She doesn't know what to do after.

Namjoo then suddenly went out from her room while singing their song, 'Petal'. Naeun heard it.

'Maybe it’s, maybe it’s…

It’s love, I’m thinking
Should I tell you or not?
Should I tell you or not?
Answer me, again today I’m thinking
Should I tell you or not?
Should I tell you I like you?'

Naeun asked herself, "Should I tell her or not?"

"You should." Namjoo replied. Naeun was shock, finding Namjoo at her back with sly smile.

"Yah! Namjoo, what are you doing here?" Naeun asked, panicking.

"Nothing." Namjoo shook her head while still having her sly smile, "You should just tell her."

"Do you know something?" Naeun worriedly asked, worried that someone knew her secret.

"Actually, I don't know. Who is that 'her' that you want to tell something?" Namjoo replied with a questioning face.

"Nothing." Naeun replied, she felt a little relief that Namjoo know nothing. Namjoo just nodded her head and sat on the couch.

"Oh, this is Chorong unnie drama." She said while pointing on the tv.

Naeun sigh, and then get the remote to turn off the tv. Namjoo look at Naeun madly.

"Are you not jealous watching Sungjae and Chorong so sweet together?" Naeun tease Namjoo.

"Im not!" Namjoo threw the pillow to Naeun and ran to her. They were chasing around.


Days passed by, Naeun  tried her best to be a little distant to Chorong.

She's not trying to avoid her but she just need time to think to whether to tell her or not.

Naeun was lying on her bed while covering her face with a book. She's deeply thinking the possibilities that would happen whether she tell her or not.

'What if someone confesses to her that they like her and what if she may answer one of them? then I don't have chance anymore.'

'She's so beautiful, no one can resists her.'

'But if I tell her, maybe we will become awkward to each other and she would ignore me.'

Naeun got up, "Arghh, I don't know." Her voice is full of anger.

"Naeun unnie, do you have any problem?" Hayoung asked which is at the upper bunk bed.

"It's nothing." Naeun answered then went out from the room. She wanted to go somewhere alone.

Naeun them went back to her room and get her black cap. Naeun just wore her plain white shirt and balck jogging pants. She also bring her phone with her.

Naeun went out from her room, she then wore her black cap to cover her face. She then open the main door to go somewhere but as she open the door, she met Chorong.

"Naeun? Where are you going?" Chorong asked as she look at the taller girl.

"Ahhhmm...just roam around outside." Naeun answered, trying her best to avoid Chorong's addictive stares.

Chorong nodded then smile, "I'll go with you then. I'll just put this groceries to the refrigerator." Chorong said as she went inside bringing her groceries.

Naeun sigh, then position herself leaning to the wall, facing to the lobby. 

Later on, Chorong went out, wearing her pink cap.

Naeun turn her head to her. "Let's go." Chorong said while smiling.

"Stop smiling, were not even going to somewhere exciting." Naeun said seriously but can't prevent herself from smiling.

Chorong chuckled. They started to walk.

"Where are we going then?" Chorong asked Naeun.

"Just somewhere where there are alot of beautiful flowers." Naeun replied.

Chorong chuckled, "Will you upload new photo in your Instagram?"

Naeun chuckled, "No, I just wanna play with the flowers."

Chorong chuckled, "You're weird."

They continued their walk going to somewhere where there is a lot of beautiful flowers, Naeun take the lead.

They then arrive at park where there are a lot of beautiful flowers.

They were amazed by the beauty of it. They went separately to their chosen flowers.

Chorong took a selfie with the flowers. Naeun on the other hand, secretly pull out the flower from its position.

She stood up and walk while looking at Chorong from afar.

"Tell her." Naeun pulled out the first petal.

"Not." She pulled out the second petal.

Chorong then noticed what Naeun is doing, she chuckled and took a video of her.

"She really looks crazy."

"Why is she looking here?"

Naeun continued what she was doing eventhough she knows Chorong is making fun of her.

Naeun slowly walk towards Chorong while pulling out the petals while still asking herself on what she should do.

"Tell her."

"Not."

Chorong noticed Naeun coming towards her.

"Oh, she's coming here."

Naeun continued pulling out the petals while looking at Chorong.

"Tell her." 

Naeun felt that there is no petal left. She then look at the flower.

The last petal tells 'Tell her.'

"Oh, that petal is already the last one?" Naeun asked herself can't believe at the result.

Chorong noticed Naeun stopped while looking confused. They are four meters away.

Naeun then slowly look at Chorong and gulped her saliva.

They were staring at each other.

Chorong then decided to end her video recording and approach Naeun, who seems can't move anymore.

Naeun didn't take her eyes away from Chorong even Chorong is approaching at her.

Before Chorong could approach her closer, Naeun boldly confess.

"I like you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The beautiful poster is made from: Playdate Graphics Shop