Sea of Confusion

How to be Im Nayeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  How to be Im Nayeon V: Sea of Confusion

 

“hahahaha! That’so stupid! I can’t believe you’re drinking it upside down.” The girl is laughing as she pointed on the alchohol in can Nayeon is holding.  Nayeon realized  as she laughed too. They are laughing so hard that they look like they’re drunk, but they’re not. Not yet.

The night is deep and they’re talking about some pretty stupid things, like teasing on Nayeon’s bunny teeth or the stupid things Nayeon did. They’re talking about many things, like how jihyo looks like Thomas the train or how Chaeyoung is small like a bean.

The talks doesn’t makes sense, but Nayeon’s heart felt the lightest than it ever been. Nayeon felt bubbly inside, like the laughter comes out naturally.

And then, talks suddenly turned a bit serious, since they’re drunk now.

“Ahh the training is so hard, “Nayeon sighs, “I wonder… I wonder, if I’m going to debut.”

“You will, stupid.” The girl smiled as she pats Nayeon’s head, “You’re number one!”

“Number one, really?” Nayeon laughs, “That’s exaggerated.”

The girl laughed and said, “At least, you’re MY number one.”

"You're good at this." Nayeon says.

"good at what?" The girl raised her eyebrows, not having a clue on what Nayeon is saying.

"at sweet talking." Nayeon chuckled.

"I'm not sweet talking." 

"really?"

"Yeah, i'm always gonna tell you that until you believe me. " She laughs, "you'll always be my number one."

 

The memories of Nayeon started to fade away in the dark, until I saw the same darkness in which Nayeon appears.

“Oh, you’re here. ” I feel startled when Nayeon appeared right beside me. She’s not crying this time but her eyes look empty.  I inhaled deeply as I start to talk.

“I read your diary, actually a piece of it. I found out, found out about your unrequited love.” I started.

 

She blinked, and looked down again, “You did?”

 

“I’m sorry for doing it, I just want to know. At first I wanted to know how I’ll come back to my life, but now.. I wanted to know why yo don’t want to go back. Why you’re crying.“

 

She bit her lip as tears fell down through her eyes, “it hurts outside….In here, It’s calm. I don’t want to go outside anymore. I want to be here, I don’t want to see her again. ”

 

“btu what about your friend Nayeon?” I asked, “Coem back, come back already.”

I tried to reach out to her but then she just faded into the plain darkness again.

 

 

 

 

 

When I opened my eyes, I felt tears on the side of my eyes. The feelings are still vivid and I can still feel the same heavy pain inside my chest.  

Her memories was light bubbly. But who’s that girl again?  I can’t remember who’s that person Nayeon is talking to. But what I know is that the next dream gave me a heavy feeling again.

Meeting Nayeon on my dreams is always so scary, I can feel the suffocating pain inside the darkness.

I sat down and looked in an empty wall of the room. I still wondered why Nayeon can’t come back her, I felt the paper still beside me , the torn part with Nayeon’s feelings.

 

That’s right. Nayeon’s diary!

 

The key is must be in there, the key to make Nayeon come back. I might know what happened. I stood up and tried to search inside her cabinet, all over the place. Almost messing up everything.

 

“YA! IM NAYEON! You’re messing up the room!” Jihyo stood up, crossing both of her hands.

 

“Umm…”I tried to search for the things to say, “I’m just finding something.”

 

“Tsk tsk.” I heard steps on our door way when I saw Jeongyeon shaking her head, “the room is messy again.”

 

I rolled my eeys and just continued searching for something. I never gonna like Jeongyeon’s personality, afterall.

“That wouldn’t be surprising since Sana and you are put on the same room.” Jeongyeon laughed.

 

I glared at her while Sana sat down and cutely said, “Why are you dragging me too!”

 

“because you’re messy too.” Mina laughed, “Well, unnie what are you looking for by the way?”

 

I averted my eyes, and bit my lip, “Never mind.”

 

 

“GOOD MOOOOOOORNING!” Chaeyoung suddenly barge in our door with that bright energy as if she’s ready for something.

 

“You’re pretty energetic, are you?” Jeongyeon laughed as she pats her ‘Dongsengs’ head.

 

“We’re going to the beach today, of course.” Chaeyoung giggled.

 

-----------------------

 

And here I thought that going to the beach will free of work. But it’s not, we still need to do something. It was already night when we’re free of work.

 

Of course, I can’t go play to the beach now. Nayeon’s body seems like she’s weak to the cold. My feet goddamn hurts.

 

I am walking almost on the water as I saw  Jeongyeon sitting by with her blanket. Maybe, I could get warm by sharing with her…

 

Well, until Momo came and snuggled with her.

 

And honestly, I get the feeling that I shouldn’t disturb them. Sana and Mina are on barbeques, Jihyo and Dahyun are both enjoying the cold water.

 

While I saw Chaeyoung sitting on the newly lighted fireplace. It’s a good place so I stood up and sat beside her. Trying to get the heat into me.

 

This was actually the first time I got to look at Chaeyoung’s face,she’s pretty like a dolllw ith that round eyes, pointed nose and cute mole on her chin. Is that why Mina likes her?

 

“Nayeon-unnie,” Chaeyoung says, “You’re creeping me out with that stare.”

 

I laughed, “I’m just looking if you’re still alive. You’re so stiff, you know.”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, “I’m still alive sorry to disappoint you.”

 

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes and chuckled slightly.

 

After a while she took a stick and wrote something on the sand.

 

 

‘Nayeon Heartu Jeongyeon’

 

 

“What the!!!” I almost shrieked as I erased with my feet what she wrote on the sand. Damn,s he’s still not over it?

 

She laughed so hard that I wanted to burn her to the fire.

 

“Well, unnie I’m just teasing you since you wouldn’t admit the truth.” She eyed me. Chaeyoung’s so cute, my sister is on the same age as her, but how come the way she talk is so much more mature?

 

I felt a sudden weird feeling inside me. Is that why Mina likes her?

 

“So.. Chae, is there any chance, that you would like a girl?” I asked her, trying not to sound too interested, since she might suspect something.

 

“well, I’ve always liked boys since young. But strangely, sometimes girls would confess to me. And because I ddin’t like any of those girl who confessed, I think I’m straight… But, like Sana-unnie says.“you love who love, regardeless or gender or face… once you fall..

“once you fall that’s it.” I continued and smiled. I couldn’t help but think how nice Chaeyoung is. Back in home, I secretly liked my bestfriend too, she was a woman. But not everyone was open-minded with loving the same gender… so it hurts. I tried to hold it back.

 

“So why did you suddenly asked?” Chaeyoung looked at me as she blinked, “Nayeoen unnie.. do you perhaprs…  like me?”

“HELL NO!” I squawked, “I mean, I do.. but not that way!”

Chaeyoung laughed, “im kidding, I know you don’t. You like hyung aftfer all.”

 

I blinked in disbelief. Now I know that Nayeon likes Mina I could deny it all I want.

“I don’t.” I answered.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her  eyes, “You’re so in denial and so relaxed that hyung kept on being stolen.”

 

Then she pointed on Jeongyeon and Momo snuggling on the same blanket. I admit, I felt a bit of jealousy.  Nayeon must’ve felt  a bit jealousy towards their friendship.

 

“Jinja, where did this kid learn all of this?” I laughed and pats her head.

 

------------------------------

It’s dark already when Dahyun and Jihyo fixed their selves. The barbeque is already cooked when Momo came in and ate some of it.

 

“there’s only one.” Dahyun muttered as she’s about to eat the last one. Then momograbbed it anad they started to fight over it.

Momo won’t give up when it comes to food.

 

Then, I don’t know what happened , Dahyun won and she ate it deliciously. Momo came towards us as she sat near the fire place too, probably because there’s no more food. Now four of us, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Momo and I are sitting near the fireplace.

She’s acting weird though. She’s just staring at the fireplace with her cheeks burning red.

“Momo why are you blushing hard?” Jihyo suddenly asked her.

 

She turned to us, with her cheeks all red, “I kissed her... hand.”

 

“What?” I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Well.. not technically a kiss, her hands accidentally just bump into my lips, but if you’re looking for the description of a kiss, then it is… I kissed her hand.” Momo kept on talking, with that enthusiastic tone.

“ No big deal.” Momo continued as she turned poker-faced, but still that cheeks are still red so it’s not convincing. I can literally hear her gushing on the inside. It’s not ‘No big deal’ at all.

“Oh whose hand?” Jihyo asked, eyeing on her. Momo just made a mistake saying something like that i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter