My Morning star (Part 2)

Heaven

"..or should I call you my Thunder boy"

I ran to my house in high spirits. She called me her Thunder boy. I was smiling from ear to ear.

"Jongdaeya finish your meal. You didn't eat a bite." My mom was nagging but I was too ecstatic to care.

"Ya why are u drooling on your food. So gross. Mom your son is weird. He's laughing alone. Go see a doctor what an idiot" 

My brother was being anoying; a habit of his. I rolled my eyes on him and got up.

"Thanks for the meal. I'm full. Goodnight"

"He's definitely weird" 

I went to bed early that night. I kept on thinking about that one girl. She's the first person that appreciated my Singing. If I'm your Thunder boy then you are my saebyuk byul.

The next day I decided to wait for her infront of her house. If we are Friends than we can go to school together. But what if she would ask why I was there. As i was thinking about an excuse I heard someone behind me saying

"What are you thinking hard about this early in the Morning?"

"You startled me when did you get out?" Is she a ghost?

"Sorry if I startled you but I'm not a ghost" she said while pouting.

Did I say it too loud or did she look through me?

"Maybe both." She said while chuckling.

"You're creeping me out"

"Enough of your nonsense. What are you doing here?"

"Going to school of course."

"Hhh It's the opposite way though"

This girl. She's teasing me. I got caught.

"You're not going to answer back then. We'll be late. Let's not waste time. Since you're here let's go together OK?"

"Ok"

And she dragged me with her as if I was her property. It was so awkward. We ran out of topics to talk about. I should say something.

-So..

-Jongdaeya..

-You can speak first

-No you go first

-I was actually wondering if you .. Well .. you know we're pratically neighbours so if you want to

-to walk to school together? I'd love to. I was going to ask you the same thing.

-Really ? It's settled then.

So from that day on we began going to school together. We were inseperable. When we had break we would eat together. After school we would hang out. I would never get tired of being around her. Between all the smiles we exchanged and the happy memories we shared I grew to like her. And deep inside I believed that she liked me back. The way she looked at me and smiled, I knew right then that she liked me as much as I did. She liked it the most when I sang to her. Just like that I grew to love music as much as I grew to like her.. or should it be love her..

I remember that day we were sitting on the bleachers in the school's sportyard. I was singing and Byul was listening to me with a smile plastered on her face. That day I made up my mind to tell her about my feelings. Even though I knew that she liked me back still I was a bit hesitating. I was nervous and worried about her reaction.

-Byulaya

-Emm why did u stop mid-way?

-Eun Byul I have something to tell you

-And it is ...

-Actually I I ..

I turned to face her and she was looking at me with her doe like eyes. I swear I Could forget myself looking at her like that for eternity. Our faces were inch apart that I Could feel her breath brushing against my skin so tender so warm. I didn't know how long we were going to stay in that position but what I was sure of is that I wanted it to last for a long time. However I couldn't resist the temptation of her Strawberry pink lips so I leaned in to kiss her. But before I got the chance to, she pecked me on the cheek and ran away. She didn't want me to see the red tint forming on her cheeks.

"Ya Byulaya! Eun Byul! Why are you running away? Are you trying to get away from me? Are you embarrassed? Heeey wait for me. Aigoo she's so cute."

That day, we went home holding hands. The look in our eyes was enough for us to understand each others feelings. We didn't have to say it with words.

Though I didn't ask her out directly, we started going out right after that day. Actually nothing changed other than holding our hands everyday. I still can sense the wamth of her hands in my own. They fitted perfectly..

Three months has passed since we had started going out. I wanted to surprise her in our 100 days anniversary so I prepared a song to sing to her. The song I chose was a song we both enjoyed listening to. She loved that group too much. They were pretty famous back then. Well they're still well-known. She was always fangirling about them and teling me that I should become a singer like them. 

I kept on rehearsing the song for over two weeks. I wanted to sing it to her as perfect as possible. I wanted her to know how much I loved her and cherished every moment we shared. That time I learned as Well, that my love for music was not a childish dream but a goal I would try my hardest to achieve.

The date of our anniversary was approaching. I was pretty nervous. I wondered would she like it.

One day before, she didn't come to school. She was okay the last day. Did something happen to her? Is she sick?

I went to the teacher to ask her whether she called in. What she told me back then was so painful as if she was pouring cold water on me.

"Oh you didn't know? They're going to move out"

"What ?!! I can't believe this"

I ran to her house as fast as I can. I was breathless when I reached her house. There I found a truck infront of it. They must be Moving out for Real. But why she didn't say a word about it. Right then Eun Byul came to me and said

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I couldn't say it. I'm really sorry. I was startled when I knew. You know that nothing would change. I'll still love you. Jong Dae ya" . Her eyes were brimmed with tears. I was speachless. She hugged me tightly but i didn't Hug her back. I just couldn't. I didn't even tell her that I loved her too. I just walked away still in daze. 

When I got myself together their truck was fading away in the long road. I kept on yelling her name but no one answered back. Goodbye my star.

She left just like the way she came into my life, without any notice. She disappeared like the Spring breeze. She left me with the regret of never proposing to her properly. Just like that my first love came to an end. Like a midsummer's night dream it faded away.

-Hey! Chen you should stop repeating this song already. You're going to do just fine don't worry.

-Thanks Luhan Hyung

-But you seem nervous. You're more nervous than the time we were debuting.

-You're making him more nervous you know. Jongdaeya good luck.

-Thank you Suho Hyung.

Then Chanyeol came to our waiting room.

"Kids they're calling us. The show is starting now."

"So funny Yeolmae who are u calling kids kiddo" said Suho Hyung. 

They're starting again.

"Stop fighting Let's do our cheer we can't be late" 

"Wow Kai is lecturing his hyungs now." Said Chanyeol.

We are so childish.

"We are one SARANGHAJA"

We are on air now. They're going to ask me about the song any time soon.

-You're Korean right but why your name is Chen

Asked the MC

-Since I'm part of EXO-M Lee sooman seongsaegnim wanted me to have a mandarin name so I chose Chen

-It meand The Morning star right.

-Yes that's right It's saebyuk byul

-It's mentioned here that you're power is controling Thunder

-Hhh yeah since we came from the exoplanet we all have different powers

-Are you being serious? Did you know about this Shindong-shi

-Well even though we're working for the same company It's a bit .. you can go back home 

I'm less nervous now with Shindong sunbaenim joking with us.

-So is there a story behind the song you're going to perform?

-Actually there was a girl I really liked and I wanted to sing it to her.

-When was that?

-In Elementary school. We were in 6th grade.

-You were really young back then but the song is a bit ... With the lyrics I want to be a bed in your room..

I'm laughing hard now. What other question is he going to ask now.

-Did you go out?

-Yes we did

-How far did you get. You kissed ?

So embarassing

-We only held hands.

-Did she have a nickname back then?

-Yes they called her Mangdonyeo. But I called her my saebyuk byul.

-Oh because she has thick lips. Because you just want to kiss them.

You're right about that.

-Did you get to sing it to her

-Unfortunately I didn't. She moved out. We had to broke up.

-Then if she watch the broadcast she'll know It's her.

-I think she would

-So do you Miss her ?

-I want to know how she's doing right now I'm really curious. I Miss her a lot.

I'm going to sing now. It's time. I Will sing the song I wished for her to hear. Though It's too late now and maybe she won't even reach her I Will do it proudly and with no fear in front of everyone. I won't waver today like anyother time. I Will tell you the words I couldn't say that day with this song. I love you my Saebyuk byul. I love you my Morning star.

Your Thunder boy.

Fin.