My Morning Star

Heaven

The first one-shot is about Chen. I got inspired by the story of Chen's first love in Elementary School. He talked about it in The Beatles Code.


 

For days of my life you aren’t in, how do I pass them by?
I am so curious of how much you love me
I want to become a page in the diary in your small drawer
To fill my feelings with your unknown secrets
Secretly

I've been rehearsing the song for the umpteenth time: Hug by DBSK sunbaenim. Why am I this nervous as if I'm debuting once again? 

This song means a lot to me. It always reminds of that girl. I wonder how she's doing now.

The first time I saw her was during a rest break at school. I was listening to music and singing along as loud as I can. I was alone in the classroom since all the other students went to the cafeteria. So who cares if I sung at the top of my lungs. When I finished I heard someone clapping. "Who's there?" I looked around and there she was standing by the window. She glanced at me and then ran away. "Who's this girl. She's weird!".

The same day, a new girl came to our class. She looked familiar. Did i see her somewhere ? Why would I care anyway? But she was pretty especially when she smiled. I'm saying nonsense again.

As days went by, I learned that the girl who secretly listened to me when I was singing is the same pretty girl who just moved to our school. I caught her several times listening when no one is around. Did she like my voice? 

I was sitting in the last desk by the window like always. I was resting my head on my arms, my earphones plugged in my mp3 and humming along Lee Juk's It's Fortunate when that thought crossed my mind. Would I become a singer like him one day? It was my dream. My one and only dream. I couldn't imagine myself elsewhere other than the stage, singing in front of the enthusiastic audience. How perfect would that be. I looked through the window as if looking at my future and wondering if I it would be as bright as the sun.

Suddenly, the once crystal clear sky darkened as many clouds started forming. Rain started pouring hard as Well. Hehehe let's forget about the bright future then and just sleep. "The weather is really bad today". Fortunately I brought my umberella thanks to my mother who kept on nagging me to take it. I should listen to her words more often.

Finally the bell rang. I took my bag and my umberella and got out of the classroom as fast as I can before the weather would get any worse. As i was stepping out of the school's enterance I saw her there, standing in the cold and shivering like an autumn leaf. She was feeling the raindrops with her bare hands. She was smiling. Her smile was so warm.. I notices that she didn't have an umberella. At this rate, she was going to be soaked when she gets home. I wanted to give her mine but we barely knew each other. How Could I start a conversation with her? What should I do? It was so frustrating. Finally I made up my mind. I approached her mustering my courage and handed her the umberella. Without waiting for her to utter a single word, I put on my hoodie and walked away too shy to even look back.

I was walking as fast as I can because the rain was pouring harder. Suddenly I heard someone yelling. I turned around to check whether it was me the one being called. I was surprised that it was that girl. She was catching her breath. She must have been running after me the whole way. But why ?

"Oh.. ddo do you need something from me?" , why are u stuttering? I'm really dumb.

"Finally you stopped walking. I thought I was going to die running after you. I thought it would be better if we shared the umberella. I can't let you get drenched in the rain because of me"

"Oh Well if you want to I w.."

Before i had the chance to finish my words a thunder started. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around me. She was clutching my jacket tightly with her hands trembling with fear. I didn't know what to do right then. It was so awkward so i kept on patting her back. But the weather worsened and I felt her grip tightens around me. I took a glance at her. She was really beautiful especially her cute and thick levers. You just want to kiss them. Jongdae get yourself together. Is this the right time to think about these stuff.

As I was mentally scolding myself I felt her grip has loosened. So i looked back at her. She's finally opening her eyes. She said while avoiding mine.

"I'm sorry for holding onto you. I'm afraid of thunder"

She must be embarrassed 

"It's Ok you don't have to. But i think It's awkward if .. u know.. ur hands.."

She forgot that she was still holding onto me. 

"I wish the earth would swallow me". She said barely audible so i can't hear but i manged to catch what she was saying. So i chuckled tightly. She must be embarrassed to death right now. She walked away quickly leaving me standing alone. She's really cute when she gets embarrassed.

"Hey! Wait for me. I Thought you said to share the umberella!"

That day I found out that her name was EunByul. Park Eun Byul. Her name is so pretty. We're the same age. 13 years Old. Sixth grade. And to my surprise she was living in the same neighbourhood I was living in. They have just moved in.

"We are Friends now right ?" She asked me with that beautiful smile of hers.

I nodded my head. So she shook my hand and said.

"Nice to meet you Jongdae ya or should I call you My thunder boy."

I went to bed early that night. I was looking at the stars shining brightly and thought to myself. 

She said i'm her Thunder Boy. Byul you're brighter than these stars. You are my Morning star.


 

Since It's a bit long I'm going to write it in two chapters.

I hope you like it.