Seolhyun x fem reader | A friend who became so much more |

AOA x readers

It was another day of school and the only reason you came was because you had football practice, you were smart top of your class and sporty, they only thing you weren't was popular and that didn't bother you, you had your own group of friends, head of the football team gets you places. As you walked into your home room you saw that your friends weren't there so you sat in your usual place. Once everyone arrived the teacher Mr Lang stood up at the front of the classroom "Alright everybody we have a new student joining us today, her name is Kim Seolhyun, Miss Kim would you like to come in" once Mr Lang finished a girl with long black hair walked in the door, "Hello everyone my name is Seolhyun and I just moved here from Bucheon" The girl said shyly looking at the floor "Miss Kim go sit in the empty seat at the back". You followed where she was walking to see her sit 3 seats behind you next to the window you turned back around and continued to talk to your friends.

You were walking through your school, depressed as usual because it was a Monday, you walked out of the toilet stall and towards the sink, someone else was there but you didn't pay attention, you where washing your hands when you heard someone sniffle like they had been crying, "Are you okay" you asked the girl who was stood next to you thinking it was her because she was the only other person in the bathroom. She looked up at you and you saw it was Seolhyun the pretty girl the one you had liked for months. You motherly instincts kicked in and you walked over to her hugging her, "You can tell me what’s up I won’t tell anyone" you said as you her back, "He he... *sniffle* I can't" you sighed and said "Hey don't worry hang out with me for a while and then tell me when you feel like it, I’m not forcing you to the option is open. My names (y/n) by the way" "My names Seolhyun" She replied, "Come on, don't cry let me dry those tears and you can spend the rest of the day with me" She nodded so you grabbed a tissue and wiped the tears from her eyes. 

You and Seolhyun spent the rest of the day together just talking and hanging out. Seolhyun stayed after school and watched you play football "Hey Seolhyun I'm finished now do you want to go out for some coffee" You asked as you walked up to her after getting changed out of your football kit "Uhm.... I'm sorry I can’t tonight but maybe another time, I've got to get home, here's my number text me after" You gave her your phone and got her number, she looked at the time and started to panic "I'm sorry I .... I've got to go" You were about to say goodbye but didn't have the time because she had already ran off, you would ask her what's up tomorrow.

Seolhyun had been warming up to you these past few months you were friends, you had become a lot closer, you were looking around the school for her, your mother had asked you to invite her over for a sleepover, your mum was one of those people who wanted to know everyone of your friends, you didn't mind it though. Sure sometimes you wouldn't bring your friends over because your mum acted like a complete nut case, she acted younger than you sometimes with the way she acted and laughed at everything even if it wasn't funny. You looked out the window onto the court yard and saw someone sat outside underneath one of the trees, you leaned against the window frame and looked closer, you realised it was Seolhyun, you wondered why she was sat outside, It was cold and raining, you where shivering as you walked outside in the cold, Seolhyun was sat on the wet grass with no coat on, "Hey Seolhyun why are you here by yourself" you asked sticking your hand out waiting for her to grab it "N-nothing" she replied shivering, when her cold hand touched yours you spoke up saying "hey your cold here" you tuck of your coat and placed it around her shoulders hugging it tighter to her "Now your cold" she spoke up "So, I'm warm as long as you are" you laughed at your own sentence and she laughed with you as you walked back into school. "Oh yeah I was going to ask you, would you like to come to mine to stay over for the night on Saturday my mum would like to meet you and I wanted to spend some time with you outside of school"  you didn't want to sound to needy and you didn't want to let your feelings show, over the past few months since you had started to get closer to her your feelings had grown to something more than friendship but you knew that you could never tell her and that she should never find out.

"Uhm I'll have to ask my parents first but I will tell you as soon as I know" you smiled at her and said "That's ok" you both made your way towards the canteen getting your lunch and sitting at your usual table with the rest of your friends.

Today was the day Seolhyun was coming to your house to stay over, she brought her bag of clothes to school and stuffed them in her locker which was a few down from yours, that Friday went as slow as usual but you didn't get any homework so you knew the universe wanted you to have this weekend off. "You ready" you asked walking up to Seolhyun's locker "Yeah just need to grab my bag and I'm ready" You both started to walk towards your house which wasn't far away from school only a 20 minute walk. "Hey mum we're home" you shouted as you walked into your house finding it unlocked. "Yeah your home, Hello you must be Seolhyun I'm (y/n)'s mum (y/m/n)" Your mum said running into the hallway greeting you both "Mum your embarrassing me, we’ll be in my room until tea" you sighed "Ok" your mum said happily and wandered back into the kitchen. You made your way upstairs and showed Seolhyun your room, you weren't an only child you had an older brother in university but you got the big room and his old room until he came back which you took to your advantage. "So this is my room, it’s not much" you said as you opened the door for Seolhyun to walk in. "I like it it’s nice..... uhm I was wondering is your dad at work" She turned around to look at you but you turned around so she couldn't see your face "Uhm no..... he, he died from a terminal illness when I was 10" you wouldn't let her see your face you quickly wiped the tears away and said "It's ok, that's in the past. That's why I do everything I do today... because I told him that I would work harder. Uhm can we move on from this subject so I don't make things awkward" you turned around after wiping the tears off your face "I'm sorry" she spoke up "Its ok, you needed to no" you both let the conversation be in the past and talk about things girls always do, the one topic that didn't come up was boys which gave you a sense of hope.

You both walked back up to your room "Do you want to get changed into Pyjamas” she nodded her head so you grabbed your clothes from the wardrobe and walked into the main bathroom to get changed. Once you finished getting changed you walked back to your room, you opened the door and peered around the corner to see that Seolhyun wasn’t finished getting ready, you turned to leave but stopped when you saw marks on her back, you wanted to ask her what they were  but decided not to, you thought they might be linked to the time when you saw her crying all those months ago, you turned and closed the door, calming yourself down, you didn’t want to let your emotions get the best of you.  You knocked on the door and spoke through “Hey Seolhyun are you finished, can I come in yet” she opened your door and replied “Yeah I’m done you can come back into your room, I’m sorry for taking so long” she looked at the floor after moving out the way of the door, “It’s ok don’t worry”. You said walking into your room.

You continued to talk getting tired after watching a few movies, “Seolhyun, can I ask you a question, it might be a bit personal” you rolled over and looked at her “go ahead” she replied also facing you “uhm well I accidently walked in before and you were still getting changed and I saw something… what are the scars on your back, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to” you added in just to make sure. “Uhm well...” she said before rolling over not facing you “When I was younger my dad beat me, after my mum died but it’s over now I live with my grandparents” she was straight forward with the answer “I only told you because I trust you, so don’t go telling anyone else” she tried to do aegyo at the end and you found it so cute “I won’t don’t worry” you smiled and she hugged you. Your heart fluttered and you could feel the heat rising in your cheeks “Seolhyun I’ve also got something to ask you, this one is a bit.. I’ll just say it, Seolhyun I like you like really like you” you closed your eyes not wanting to know the answer, “That’s good because I like you to” she replied, you opened your eyes to see her smiling at you “So do you want to go on a date when we are both free” you asked only getting a nod and a smile in reply. 

Time skip

It was your 5th anniversary to Seolhyun and you had something special prepared, you were going to propose to Seolhyun. You were so nervous, you had told her to meet you in the park, you had a picnic planned and you were going to give her the ring when the sun began to set. It sounds cheesy but you had asked her years ago how she would like to be proposed to and this was her idea so you followed it all these years later.

“(y/n) where are you, I’m by the park gates” you answered the phone to Seolhyun “ok I’m by the lake, meet me here I have a surprise” you couldn’t help but smile when you answered her question “Ok I’ll be there in about 5 minutes” you put the phone down and waited patiently for Seolhyun to arrive.

Time skip

“You may kiss the bride” The priest spoke, you leaned in and kissed Seolhyun, everyone in the crowd erupted into loud cheers wishing you good luck in the future……