Three

Miss Independent

 

not edited yet. will be edited when i got home from mid sem break.


 

“You’ll be handling EXO.”

Jihyo could only look at the CEO with disbelief and takes a glance of some of the EXO members who shyly waves at her. They just called her a manager. Why would they want to hire a woman to be a manager to probably the biggest boy group next to Big Bang? Shouldn’t they hire someone with a bigger build than her? Someone who can actually protect these boys?

“I –“

Before Jihyo could even ask, Kim Young Min stops her. “I can explain later, Jihyo-shii.”

“Wah, her name is Jihyo?” the tallest one asked, with a deep voice that made her heart jumps. The members look at her with curiosity burned in their eyes. She honestly wants to bury herself in a hole. She could only hold the hem of her shirt, her knuckles turned white and she just wants to burst into tears. She doesn’t want this at all. She’d rather work as a coffee lady than being their manager. Anything but that.

It is not that Jihyo hates the boys, it is the other way around actually. Jihyo respect them from being the idol group that predicted to failed to the most successful group SM had ever had. They won three daesangs so far, something that is very respectable. She is just afraid that she couldn’t protect them. She knows EXO have the worst sasaengs among all the groups since years before. She knows every cases from the microphone planted in the hotel rooms in which one of the members stayed to crash one of the brother’s wedding, leaving that member speechless but couldn’t do anything since his image is in the way.

She is weak, she admits to that. She couldn’t shield them away from crazy fans that could rip them up into shreds but as she noticed the way the CEO looks at her, with desperation in his eyes, she knows she couldn’t say no. There is probably a reason she was hired instead of the other applicants that are way more qualified than her. She can’t complain now, not when she finally got a stable job.

“Is she really our manager, sajangnim?” the one who resembles a puppy asked, glaring at her. The tallest one nudges him on the shoulders, making the puppy scoff.

“Sorry for his attitude. It’s just… well, you’re a girl”, he said, looking totally clueless and Jihyo fights the urge to laugh.

“What makes you think I’m a girl?” she asks while biting her lower lip, refraining herself from laughing. The tallest lets out a rather loud deep gasp and turns to the CEO in disbelief.

“What does she mean by that?!”

The CEO sighs, sounding like he gives up on the giant. “Anyway, she will be your new manager. Her name is Song Jihyo. She is from Pohang but stays in Gangnam after graduating from Korea University last year. She is the same age as the beagle line”, he said while reading off her resume, ignoring the giant’s question who seemed serious about it. “I think that would do. So now please introduce yourselves to her and behave!”

The puppy roll his eyes and it made her think why is he so rude but then again, his reactions made sense. He would probably thought their new manager would be strong and a man but…

She is only Song Jihyo, that is what is wrong.

“Okay, I start!” the tallest one says, wearing a huge grin on his face. “My name is Park Chanyeol or as known as the Happy Virus of the group! I hope you can join our Beagle Line since you’re the same age as us!”

“YAH, the beagle line should stay as three!” the puppy hissed but Chanyeol ignores him, and wiggles his eyebrows at her.

“The offer opens 24/7, Jihyo-shii!”

She could only nod while smiling, although it didn’t really reach her eyes. “Sure, Chanyeol-shii. I’ll… think about it.”

Chanyeol beamed at her answer. Then, a shorter one offers a hand to Jihyo and she could honestly feel her heart stop beating. She had never witnessed a more beautiful smile than he has with cheeks that could resemble peaches. She could only wordlessly envelopes his hand and shakes it, making him smile even brighter.

“My name is Kim Junmyeon or as known as EXO’s Suho. I am the leader of the group and I am one year older than you. There is Yixing too, or famously known as Lay but he is in China right now and he’ll be here in two days.”

She could only nod, hoping that she won’t look stupid in front of him.

“My name is Kim Jongdae!” a soft voice chirps as Junmyeon lets go of her hand. “I am known as Chen and the troll of the group”, he winks playfully. “I’m also in the Beagle Line with these idiots!” he says pointing to the puppy and Chanyeol.

“YAH!” both of them chorused, making Jihyo giggles. The puppy narrow his eyes on her and she could only hang her head low, avoiding eye contact with the male.

“My name is Kim Minseok or as known as Xiumin!” the buffest one says with a small wave. “I am also known as….”, he sighs while turning to them. “Should I even be called that, even when I look like this?”

“YOU STILL LOOK LIKE ONE EVEN WHEN YOU LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT. NEVER DENY YOUR KIND MINNIE HYUNG!”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT IN FRONT OF HER!” Xiumin whines, dusty pink tinted on his cheeks. “Well, um, I am known as the bun of the group with these cheeks!” he says while poking cutely at both sides of his cheeks. “I am also the oldest in the group and by the way… you can call me oppa”, he says with a wink.

She blinks a few times, surprise by the sudden confidence Xiumin has oozed and she couldn’t herself to blush which made Junmyeon pouts.

“You can call me oppa too, Jihyo-shii!” he says, sounding pleading. She could only nod, although it would be honestly weird to call them oppa since she is their manager but she ignores that thought for now.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun”, the puppy says with a lifeless tone while glaring at her. “And I don’t like you.”

She widen her eyes at Baekhyun’s honesty and she gulps when Baekhyun couldn’t keep his eyes off her, with that look in his eyes.

“Don’t be a brat, Baekhyun”, the CEO said, sounding angry. “You should be glad that I hired a manager for you guys this fast despite everything that happened. The least you could do is to accept it without any complaints!” he hissed.

Despite everything…. That happened?

She raises her eyebrows in confusion and she turns to the boys. She is even more confused that the boys look troubled, especially Baekhyun who seemed very vulnerable right now, despite his icy words he had said to her a few seconds ago.

Baekhyun just nods his head slowly, while looking away, making Jihyo curious about everything. What exactly happened to EXO before she got hired?

Junmyeon coughs awkwardly due to the tension in the room. “So, I guess that’s about it. The other members, except Yixing, are in the dorm right now. Kai injured his foot, Kyungsoo is taking care of him and Sehun…. Well… He said he doesn’t want to leave Vivi alone.”

She raise an eyebrow. “And who is Vivi?”

Jongdae chuckles, making the atmosphere lighter and Jihyo feels less burdened now. “It’s the love of his life. His puppy, his first kiss, his everything”, he says dreamily while batting his eyelashes, making Minseok smacks the back of his head.

“You idiot.”

Jongdae pouts while massaging the back of his head. “I bet he just wants to the Kaisoo couple. I swear, that maknae is getting clingier to Kyungsoo for no reason nowadays”, he mutters.

Chanyeol laughs at that. “Yeah, remember that time in Hawaii when he face time Kyungsoo when it is like 3 a.m in Seoul just because Sehun misses him?”

“And remember when Jongin is the one who answered and curse to Sehun so loud that it made the grandma behind Sehun covers her grandson’s ear?” Jongdae reminisce.

“Guys….”, Baekhyun sighs. “We literally arrived in Korea from Hawaii two days ago. Stop reminiscing it as if it was years ago!”

“Come on Baek”, Chanyeol whines. “Tell me when we will ever get to go to Hawaii again? Probably never.”

“You guys do know I’m still here right?” the CEO asked with an annoyed tone.

“I thought you didn’t hear us”, Chanyeol deadpanned, making the CEO sighs.

“Okay then, since that is all cleared up, I think you guys should lead her to your dorm. She’ll be staying with you guys. I’ll leave the room arrangements to Junmyeon and now… get out”, he orders while pointing to the door.

“What do you mean I have to stay with them?” Jihyo asks, feeling confused.

“Well, they do have odd schedules so it is better to just stay with them.”

Before Jihyo could ask more, she heard someone scoff behind her. She turns to see Baekhyun who just look annoyed by looking at her.

“I can’t believe you’ll be staying with us”, he mutters.

 

 

And in that moment…

 

 

Jihyo swears…

 

 

 

She wants to beat Baekhyun to a pulp.


 

:// authornim's sweat, blood and tears ://

its ok jihyo, even i think baek is being an annoying little sh--- :))) (im just joking dont hurt me plz)

so i want to write longer but i feel like i should update this asap since i'll be very busy for next week and idk when i will even update so a short chapter will do... i guess. next chapter will be a tad bit longer, i think. so plz wait for me

and thank you so much for the nice comments <3 :')