Two

Miss Independent

unedited. will be edited when i got home for mid semester break


******

She hums to herself as she stirs her coffee, making her roommate stare at her in bewilderment. It took Jihyo awhile to notice that she was been stared at. She looks up to her roommate, who seemed to be deep in thought.

“Yah”, she says, making Choi Yeo Jin jumps. “Am I that pretty for you to stare at me like that?” she asks with a smirk but to her dismay, her roommate just scoffs.

“Nah, you usually wake up late since your shift is usually in the afternoon. What’s got into you to humming and about at 8 a.m?” she asks with a yawn, rubbing her eyes as she spread peanut butter on her toast.

“I.. may have sent my resume to SM Entertainment yesterday and I woke up early just to make sure I don’t sound like a drunktard if they ever called me”, she lowly mumbles but her roommate’s sharp ears definitely hear her.

Choi Yeo Jin widen her eyes but she immediately breaks into a smile. She is glad that Jihyo is not giving up on finding a stable job for herself. Although it is a surprise to her that Jihyo even applies to that company despite her deep hatred towards the company, although most of the idol groups she likes is under the management of that very company.

“Before you ask”, Jihyo says as she sees her roommate’s open to speak. Choi Yeo Jin could only pressed her lips into a straight line and nod once, gesturing Jihyo to continue. “I just apply there as a joke. To be honest, I really couldn’t see myself working in that company. Gummie said I should expand my options, to step outside of my comfort zone.”

“Gummie? As in Park Bogum?” Choi Yeo Jin wiggles her eyebrows and Jihyo immediately raise her fist to her but it only made her roommate burst into laughter.

“Is that really what you get from what I said to you?” she huffs in disbelief, making her roommate roll her eyes.

Choi Yeo Jin breathes heavily, wiping a single tear as she laughed too hard just now. “I just can’t believe you out of all people called him Gummie. Anyway, I really have to owe it to this guy. I’ve been trying to convince you to do that for awhile and it took a guy who you barely know to do that. I’m offended Jihyo-ah”, she says, faking a sob.

Jihyo’s cheeks feel hot all of the sudden and she looks down on her coffee, that is probably cold now. Choi Yeo Jin look at her, amused, then takes a glance on the wall clock.

“Well, I’m ed. I’m going to be late for work”, she curses as she gobbles up her toast and rushed to her room to get ready. Jihyo lowly chuckles and dunk out her coffee in the sink, like who enjoys a cold cup of coffee in the morning anyway?

She feels her phone vibrate in the pocket of her sweatpants. She just pull her phone out and answer it without even bothering herself to look at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

And from what she heard from the other line, she dropped her phone in surprise with hanging open in shock.

 

-

She breathes heavily as she reaches in front of the SM Entertainment building, earning a few glares and scoffs from the girls at the sides. She was about to enter the building but was pulled back harshly, almost making Jihyo tripped.

“Yah kid, what are you doing?” she asks, nose flaring. She couldn’t afford to being late and now she have to handle a few angered fangirls. She didn’t know what she did to make them so angry. In fact, Jihyo is the one who are supposed to be angry at them. She’s 24 for goodness sake and these girls holding their banners as if their lives depend on it are all in their school uniforms. She finds the whole thing absurd.

She scoffs when the girls just glare at her instead of giving her a straight forward answer. She walks towards the entrance door again but only to be pulled back again.

“WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?! SHOULDN’T YOU GIRLS GO TO SCHOOL?!”

“What are you going to do when you enter the building huh? Are you a sasaeng? Are you going to hurt our oppas?” they interrogate her even going as far as to poking her, ignoring her question.

“What the f- ", she holds back her tongue, since the girls in front of her are underage. Although she thinks that they are the kind of people that would shout profanities in concerts. She sighs, scratching her nape, annoyed how this kind of thing happened to her so early in the morning. “To be honest, you’re the ones who act like sasaengs and unlike you who camped out here with your school uniforms, I was called to be here and I am supposed to be here early until you ing yanked me because of your stupid assumptions. Can you please let me go so I can meet the CEO?” she says, couldn’t hold her patience anymore so she just talks without thinking. She is actually glad that she didn’t say ‘you little gremlins’ since those girls act like them.

They immediately look down and nod. Jihyo just sighs and enters the building, mentally fist pump as she didn’t get yanked again. She looks behind her and finally noticed how the girls look so tired, as if they have waited for hours. Some of them even hold neatly wrapped presents, possibly for the idols inside the building. She could only look at them with pity but there is nothing she could do for them.

Maybe she would treat them to iced yoghurts but then again she’s short on money. Maybe next time.

If there is even be a next time.

Just when she thought escaping the fangirls is a fuss, apparently everyone thought she is a sasaeng to until to the point of being dragged by security until she mentioned that the CEO personally wanting to see her. They even called him because they still don't believe her. Jiihyo could only assumed that SM Entertainment have gone through a lot to have the security to be as sceptical as they are right now. As she heard shouts from the other line and the flustered looking security guard, she can only smirk.

She finally reached in front of Kim Young Min’s office. She glances to his assistant who simply nods and gives her a small smile, gesturing her to knock the door.

She sighs and before she could even knock the door, the stern voice from inside asks her to come in. She gulps as she imagine millions of possibilities that could possibly happen. Before she could even ask, the CEO’s eyes suddenly look desperate, making Jihyo lost for words all of the sudden.

“I know you have just sent your resume last night and you’re probably wondering why I would be the one personally call you instead of my assistant or the human resources department…. Right?”

Jihyo just nod her head slowly.

“It’s because I’m very desperate. Out of all applicants, you’re the one that fits the bill. Plus, you don’t even specify what department you want to work in so I guess this means you don’t care as long as you get the job… right?”

Jihyo could only stare at the elder, making him sighs and if she is not mistaken, he sounds relieved for some reason.

“Can you… start today? Song Jihyo-shii?”

She lets out a loud gasp, clutching her chest. She couldn’t believe she literally got a job in a day. IS THIS REAL LIFE OR IS THIS FANTASY?

“Of c-course I can sajang-nim! But um, you didn’t tell me what kind of job I get though. Is it the coffee lady position?” she asks, thinking that is the only position she deserves with her having zero experience. Jihyo being a waitress doesn’t count as job experience, not when she works for the number one entertainment company in South Korea.

The CEO lets out a chuckle and he shook his head. “No, Jihyo. It’s –“

“SAJANG-NIM WE HEARD YOU JUST HIRED OUR NEW MANAGER!” she heard a few people screamed outside of his door.

“Them”, he said, pointing towards the door behind her.

“Huh?”

Then, the door burst open to reveal men that are too unreal to even exist. Her legs feel weak and she feel like she could faint right now especially when all of them give her a beaming bright smile.

“You’ll be handling EXO”, the CEO said with a soft smile.


 


authornim's sweat, blood and tears ://

i am not proud of this asdfghjkl pls don't unsubscibe :(