Chapter 1

In Love But Not Really
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in the convenience store in the middle of the night, great, what kind of convenience store runs out of ramyeon? It's a necessity for heaven's sake.
I gazed at the rows of instant noodles, then glanced at my watch.. 7:30pm
"! It's 7:30, Joy will be home anytime soon."
As I picked out an alternative ramen brand (thankfully, Joy gives me a list.) I turned to the next aisle and saw...
Her...
It was Irene Jung, who'd probably look better in a classy department store than in a small convenience store like this.
It's been quite some time since I last saw her, I mean sure we have been childhood friends, but back in freshman year, we kind of... Drifted apart.
Now, we unexpectedly study in the same university, but she never really talks to me anymore, since we're from different worlds anyways.
I turned away and went straight to the cashier, got my stuff and went straight out.
It was a cold winter day, and of course, I didn't forget my coat. Mom always told me never to forget my coat.
My phone rang and it was my brother, I picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Noona, can I borrow your scooter?"
"Taeyong-ah, you're gonna use my scooter again? How many-"
"Noona, please? I'm gonna pay you, I swear."
I could use the money, but my scooter is my life...
I still have another one anyways.
"Yeah, sure, but pay me alright?"
"Sure thing."
We hung up, then I saw a familiar figure approaching me.
"Yah, Kim Seulgi!"
It was Sooyoung, or Joy, as I call her, racing towards me, with her bag in tow. She's a broadcasting major, and is my roommate in my apartment. We got along pretty fast, and she was the only friend I had during freshman year, then she introduced me to a lot of people, but until now, I consider her as my best friend.
"Park Sooyoung! You little!"
"Sorry, I saw you on the way and luckily I found you! I just received my salary from the Cafe, c'mon I'll treat you!"
Sooyoung works part time at a nearby Cafe, she's a diligent student in her own way. Although she's kinda rich like me, she wanted me to pay the rent (best friend indeed) but in return, she's saving up to buy a car.
"You can just ask one from your parents, y'know." I said.
She shook her head. "Nonsense! I'd want my first car to be bought by my own money, I'm almost to 16,000 won! I can give the down payment soon, then let my parents handle it."
I rolled my eyes. "I knew you still have to ask your parents for money."
She smiled. "Well, they are my parents after all, and they spoil me too much, at least I'm still nicer than someone else."
"You are so right." I said, turning to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter