Lies have short legs

A Little Help From My Friends

“So, Mr. Jeon”, said Junhui, entering their shared dorm room and startling the boy sitting on his bed. “When are you planning to stop avoiding me and tell me what is it that’s been bugging you?” The raven haired boy refused to look the other in the eyes, pretending to not hear his words, until the other sat down beside him. “Wonwoo-ah, what happened? What did I do?”

“Are you in love with me?” The blond sputtered, surprised. “Tell me, Jun. Do you have a crush on me?”

“What? No!”

“Tell me truth.”

“Oh, ”, he rubbed the back of his head anxiously. “Really, I was planning on telling…”

“Junhui-ge, can you… Am I disturbing?”, as Minghao barged unceremoniously through the door, switching from Mandarin to Korean, his tone went from happy to indifferent, almost emotionless.

“Hao, my savior!” Junhui jumped up from the bed, pulling the younger farther into the room. “Tell Wonwoo I’m not in love with him!”

A half-smile formed on the younger's lips. “Hyung told you about Mingyu then?”

The blond’s expression turned from desperate to confused, his brows furrowing. “What does Mingyu have to do with any of this?”

Wonwoo got up from the bed and, out a deep breath, let out rapidly: “I thought you were in love with me so I pretended to date Mingyu so you wouldn’t pursue me anymore but now I’m in love with him and I don’t know what to do, help me.”

“Scratch what I said about Mingyu being the biggest idiot in the world; one of his ideas actually worked!” At Wonwoo’s questioning gaze, he let out a sigh. “He’s been in love with ever sine you met! Everybody knew that, except you!”

“I didn’t know that either!”

“That’s because you’re blinded by your narcissism, Ge. Hyung”, Minghao said in a soothing voice that surprised Junhui, noticing the raven haired boy’s silence. “What I said is true, Mingyu does truly love you. It would make him really happy and a lot less whiny if his feelings weren’t one-sided. Are you sure about yours?”

Wonwoo blinked a few times, before full-on grinning. “Yes. Yes, I am.”


Sorry for the short chapter guys; I've been a bit sick and couldn't really manage to write these past few days, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!