Everybody Loves Jiminie~

Jin's Boys.

Hoseok was busy running around the playground with his classmates when he noticed Jimin sitting behind a big tree in the middle of the field. It was their play ground at school, Jimin and Taehyung had joined soon after they had started living with them. Hoseok absolutely adored his new brothers but he could tell they still had a little doubt about belonging to their family. Nevertheless, Hoseok tried his best to make them feel nice, he used to share his toys, make funny faces and dance around with them. Taehyung happily joined him most of the time, but Jimin usually sat back with a big smile on his face and watched them. If Hoseok did a good job, Jimin would join too! Those days were Hoseok's favourite, when he got Jimin to laugh loudly like his twin.

 

But now his eyebrows scrunched together in worry as he noticed that his shy brother was quietly sniffling in the middle of the field. Hoseok quickly ran to the big tree and just like he thought, he found Jimin clutching his sketching book and sniffling. There was another kid there, Hoseok recognized her as Heejoo, she was in his class.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!" Hoseok screamed at the girl, who crossed her arms and yelled back, “This boy is stupid! And ugly!" Jimin cried harder and whimpered when he noticed Hoseok run towards the girl, “You're ugly! You re so ugly that you look like a pig!"

 

The girl huffed out in frustration and stomped off.

 

Hoseok walked over to Jimin who was rubbing his eyes furiously. “Jiminie! Don't cry! She was stupid."

 

But Jimin only sniffed and looked away. “Okay Hyung. Sorry."

 

“Don't say sorry! We should play!"

 

“No Hyung, I'll sit here." 

 

Hoseok was really worried because Jimin didn't say a word even after going home. Taehyung and Yoongi hyung had also gone to school but nobody knew about it. Appa had come to pick them up after school and Taehyung happily talked the entire way home. Hoseok kept quiet because he didnt want to talk in front of Jimin. As soon as Jimin had left to go to his room, Hoseok had told them about what happened. Yoongi gave him a high five when he told him how he'd screamed at the girl and Taehyung glared at everything in sight, declaring he would kill the girl! but they were still worried about Jimin. He wouldn't talk even when Kookie tried to call him to play.

 

Together, all of them decided to go to Eomma because he was so good at talking to them when they were sad, but Eomma wasn't home today. So they went to Appa.

 

Namjoon was about to take a long nap when three heads poked out from behind the door to his room, calling out to him, “Appa?"

 

He still couldn't get used to the feeling of being a father to not two but five children. It made him giddy. He'd taken the day off from work to stay at home with his kids and that alone had been a dreadful task. He'd dropped them off and brought them back from school while taking care of Jungkook the whole time. Seokjin was needed at his work place again. The two of them were struggling to constantly take care of their children while also managing work but they were doing it, and they were also happier than ever before. Seokjin had managed to get the night shift for his job as a doctor while Namjoon worked during the days at his recording studio, where he worked as a producer/songwriter. So Seokjin stayed at home with the kids during the day and worked during the nights. Namjoon realised they'd have to come up with a better solution because Seokjin needed to sleep too. He'd usually come home and find Hoseok complainting about eomma sleeping all the time.

 

He was usually better at working during the nights than Seokjin, but that would mean staying at home during the days, which included the task of feeding his children and Seokjin didn't trust him with anything food-related. He still reminded him of the one time he'd fed pizza and only pizza for a week to a three year old Yoongi when Seokjin had had to go visit his mother and sister ( a story for another time ). So he worked and worked all day long, and also tried to keep working while at home, but you can only imagine how that went with five children below the age of ten at home.

 

“Hey kids. Did Jungkook wake up? Oh god I just put him to sleep. Why?" He groaned but his children were quick to shut him up, “No No No!"

 

“Appa, its Jimin. Hobi said he's sad."

 

Namjoon immediately turned to look at Hoseok who explained what happened at school to him. He got more and more worried as the story finished, he really was hopeless like this. He needed Jin to tell him what to do. Taehyung grabbed on to his neck and quietly said to him, “Please make him happy appa! I don't like it when Jiminie is sad."

 

The fact that Taehyung was quiet was enough of a warning that something was terribly wrong. He nodded at the boy and gave him a small smile as he started to walk to Jimin's room, Tae in his arms and the elder kids following him hurriedly. He gently put Taehyung down right outside the door as he went inside, “Jimin?"

 

The boy had been crying. He quickly rubbed his face and turned away from him, “yes?" he asked quietly. The lack of ‘appa' didn't go unnoticed by Namjoon because Jimin had always insisted in calling him that again and again because he liked it so much.

“Hey Jimin, how was school?" Namjoon slowly made his way around the bed the twins shared to sit on his knees in front of Jimin.

 

Jimin gave him a small smile, “okay."

 

Namjoon scooped him up in his arms, ignoring the startled little whine of protest and sat on the bed, “is this your sketching book Jimin? Can I see it?"

 

Jimin seemed to hesitate before he nodded and softly said, “you got it for me."

 

Namjoon hated it. He hated that Jimin was suddenly starting to treat him like a stranger again, like he was just a burden. 

 

He willed himself to keep calm as he opened the book. A colourful sight met his eyes with every page he turned. If Namjoon wasn't so damn philosophical he would've thought it looked like any other four year old's sketching book but to him, it looked ambitious. It was bright and hopeful, the shapes a little better defined, the lines a little straighter than anyone else's. Namjoon really liked that. He was proud.

 

“Wow Jimin, everything is so pretty. Will my son be an artist when he grows up?" much to his relief, Jimin blushed at the compliment, but it was gone too soon, “no"

 

“but why not? You re so good. Here, I'll show you how I draw. Can I draw in this?"

 

Jimin nodded. Namjoon proceeded to choose the pink crayon and made an oddly bent circle in one of the clean pages, “Look Jimin, its the sun."

 

Jimin quietly shook his head with a small smile and grabbed the crayon from him. He took out the yellow one and slowly, carefully drew a better circle, “The sun is yellow. You have to draw the rays, like this," and the boy went on to add lines around the circle, his tongue poking out in concentration as he tried to make them straight. He proudly looked up when he was done, “like this." He showed it to Namjoon who nodded his head and said, “Yes Jimin you're right. Appa's silly. You should keep drawing like this."

 

Jimin's eyebrows scrunched together, lips forming a perfect pout, just like they did right before he was about to cry. He took the book from him and flicked through the pages till he reached one with a half completed drawing of the stick figure of a girl, “i made this but she said it was bad! She c-called me st-stupid and u-ugly." And the boy broke down in his arms.

 

Namjoon also hated the stuttering. Jimin did it when he was scared and nervous. He quickly wrapped his arms around the boy, rocking him back and forth as he tried to reassure him that he was the best, the prettiest, the kindest,sweetest Jimin.

 

“I'll g-go. I w-will st-stay away. I'm ug-gly I should g-go?"

 

“No Jimin, you should stay! You have to stay, we'll miss our baby boy so much! How will Eomma and Appa feel if he goes?"

 

Namjoon was losing the fight. He kept trying to tell Jimin but the boy sobbed harder and shook his head, refusing to listen to him, trying to get out of his arms. He kissed Jimin's forehead and tried to wipe off his tears, but new ones replaced them just as soon. A creaking sound followed by multiple footsteps stopped them. Hoseok ran up to Jimin and held his face in his hands, “Jiminie you can't go! That girl was stupid! I called her a pig!"

 

Namjoon cracked a smile as Jimin's sobbing quieted down and he looked at Hoseok with wide eyes. Hoseok went on, “Jimin is so cute! He has pretty eyes!" He said quickly. Soon, Taehyung had come up beside Hoseok too, “Jiminie's smile is the prettiest!" He grinned up at his twin.

 

Jimin had a small smile on his face now and slowly, Yoongi came forward too.

 

“Come on Hyung! Say something, our plan!" Taehyung whisper shouted not-so-discreetly at Yoongi who thought for a minute before saying, “His hair is soft." 

 

Both younger boys facepalmed and groaned but that was okay because Jimin was laughing now. Namjoon grinned at the boys too before ruffling Jimin's hair and saying, “Our Jiminie is the best!"

 

 

“Namjoon why is Kookie drooling and chewing on the couch? Didn't you put him to sleep already?" Seokjin's distant voice was now getting nearer as Namjoon belatedly thought, -Kookie.

 

“What-" “Poopoo!" Whatever Seokjin had wanted to say was loudly interrupted by Kookie who squirmed in his hands to be let down. As soon as Seokjin set him on the floor the boy half-crawled-half-walked up to the bed and uselessly tried climbing up until Seokjin gave him a boost. He was quick to crawl up to Jimin, “Dimin!"

 

Jimin snorted a little and grinned widely at his little brother. Jungkook then proceeded to give Jimin a big smooooooooch on his cheek and then lost his balance and fell on his . He then quickly backed away and lay sideways on the bed, beckoning Jimin to him with a little “Poopoo?"

 

Taehyung giggled from beside Jimin, “He wants a kiss." Everyone laughed a little at that and Jimin bent down from his place on Namjoon's lap to give Kookie his kiss. Jungkook blinked twice and then grinned and his expression matched everyone else's. Jimin then went on to give each of his brothers and Namjoon a kiss too.

 

“What about me?" Seokjin pouted comically and Jimin rushed to him to give him his kiss as well.

 

                                               ***********************************

 

Fourteen years later.

 

Yoongi was furiously clicking away on his laptop and cursing every once in a while when something went wrong. 

 

“It's fine Hyung! Stop worrying too much."

 

“You don't get it Tae, it's a really big opportunity, like really really important. I want this to be perfect." Yoongi's eyes never left the screen. 

 

“But Hyung! You made me listen to the song, it was perfect! Come spend some time with me!!" Taehyung's hands wrapped around Yoongi's shoulders who finally looked up and quirked an eyebrow at his brother. Taehyung's pout instantly turned into a full-fledged boxy grin. Yoongi rolled his eyes but ruffled his hair in fondness anyway, “Let me just get this done Tae"

 

“But Hyung~"

 

Taehyung's whining was interrupted by a loud yelp from Hoseok and the sound of Jungkook chuckling. Both boys looked up from their stance on the couch to watch their brothers, “Aish this kid." Hoseok was currently clutching his chest in horror and Jungkook was still busy rolling around on the floor laughing, 

 

“What?", Hoseok said defensively when he noticed them watching him, “He watches scary things!" Taehyung snorted at the revelation and Yoongi grinned too. Hoseok's eyes were now shut close as he hit his chest with his fisted hand, “calm down calm down." The boy repeated like a mantra encouraging the fifteen year old Jungkook to laugh louder. Hoseok shot him a withering glare before his eyes locked onto something on his phone, “You guys, shouldn't Jimin have come home an hour ago?"

 

“Maybe he's still practicing?" Taehyung spoke from beside Yoongi, head resting on the latter's shoulder.

 

“Nobody should be practicing that much." Hoseok muttered to himself.

 

As if on cue, the door burst open revealing a sweaty and tired-looking Jimin, “Hey guys." He mumbled before dropping his backpack on the floor, sitting down on the couch behind Jungkook (who had decided to sit right there on the spot on the floor where he'd fallen off the couch laughing). Yoongi frowned as he clearly noticed something was off about Jimin's behaviour. The boy was always happy, always, even if you woke him up at 3am with a bucket of ice-cold water (perks of living in the same house as a certain Kim Taehyung). Everyone always looked forward to Jimin's bright greetings and the boy's smile was one of Yoongi's favourite things in the world. Jimin would usually leap into his lap right after getting home from his dance practice, regardless of Yoongi's complaints of him being sweaty and disgusting, claiming that he missed him. Saying things like “Hyung you should drop out of college, I miss you too much." effectively bringing out his rare-gummy smile.

 

Everyone noticed the sudden change in behaviour and Jungkook shut whatever video he was watching on his phone to turn around and look at his brother, “Hey Jimin, what's up with you?" He teased the boy, dropping the honorific ‘Hyung' and was ready to bolt before Jimin could react like he usually did (smacking him upside the head) but Jimin simply looked up at him and shook his head, gaze falling back to his lap.

 

Jungkook's smile faltered but the boy apparently thought teasing was a comforting thing to do as he cluelessly went on, “What, dance wasn't good? Accept it Jimin, you're pretty useless." 

 

The look of pure shock and hurt that crossed Jimin's features in that one short moment when that sentence was uttered sent Yoongi's heart plummeting down to his stomach. Time seemed to have frozen as Jimin wordlessly got up and muttered a little, “I'll be in my room" and just like that, he was gone. The three of them took turns shooting Jungkook murderous glares before Yoongi spoke up, “Jungkook-ah, what did you think you were doing?"

 

The boy visibly gulped before replying with a,“Uhh I think, I , umm, went too far?" Hoseok hissed and threw a cushion at Jungkook, “You think?" Regardless of the fact that Jungkook had easily dodged the cushion(and the fact that it couldn't have hurt him anyway) Yoongi flinched at the action. He could never hurt a hair on Jungkook's head because every time he was tempted to do so, which was quite often- that cheeky brat, Yoongi was always reminded of the tiny one year old who went crawling around the house screaming for Woongipoopoo. Yoongi shook the image out of his head.

 

“Yah Jungkook-ah, what are you supposed to do now?" Taehyung leaned forward, glaring at Jungkook, who looked back with wide, scared eyes, “Apologize?" ("Pooopoo?" A number 5, Yoongi's mind uselessly provided)

 

“Well, what are you waiting for." Hoseok crossed his arms as he stood looming over Jungkook. The boy whined as he got up slowly, “I didn't mean it! I just say stupid things ugh!"

 

Yoongi simply stood up and pushed the boy towards the staircase that would lead to Jimin,s room upstairs. Of course they knew he didn't mean it, Jungkook was going through that awkward teenager phase where he would blurt out anything that came to his mind. Everyone knew how much Jungkook adored and looked up to Jimin, even when the boy spent all of his time convincing them otherwise. They watched him make his way upstairs with a nervous expression and teeth bothering his lower lip, a habit. As soon as Jungkook went into the room, tha three of them ran behind him to watch at the door.

 

-----------

 

“Jiminie Hyung?" Jungkook said poking his head into the room as he noticed Jimin sitting on the farther end of the bed.

 

“What do you want Jungkook?" Jimin muttered harshly, not looking at the boy. Jungkook winced at not being called Kookie like he usually was called by this particular hyung of his. He kept claiming he was a manly man and refused to answer to anyone calling him Kookie but not Jimin. Jimin wouldn't listen anyway, he told himself, but really, he knew that he liked it when Jimin referred to him fondly.

 

“I am umm sorry?"

 

“You don't have to say sorry Jungkook." Jimin was pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers, lips forming a pout unconsciously, (just like they did when he was about to cry!)

 

“I uhh no. Um Hyung? I really am sorry. I just, I," Jungkook his lip, “ I didn't mean it! I was, uhhh being stupid I guess." Jungkook was scratching the back of his neck as he slowly made his way around the bed to sit beside Jimin.

 

“Really sorry Hyung."

 

“The Hyungs sent you didn't they?"

 

“I would've come anyway Hyung." Jungkook muttered ashamed.

 

Jimin let out a sigh and mumbled an ‘it s okay'. They sat there, the silence between them heavy before a shaky breath from Jimin broke it, Jungkook looked up startled and he found that he was right, Jimin was crying, “Kookie, I had a bad day. Now I can't even dance properly? I c-couldnt d-do anything p-properly ugh I," Jimin sniffled loudly and then raised his voice as spoke, “Are you gonna keep pretending that you're not at the door listening in?! Hyungs, Tae come in!" A creaking sound followed by loud footsteps, Hoseok was the first to reach them. 

 

He had a sheepish smile on his face as he suddenly grabbed onto Jimin's face, who looked up at him with wide eyes. Slowly, Hoseok said, “Our Jimin is so cute, he has pretty eyes!" Jungkook didn't really get what was going on but Jimin's eyes widened even more. Suddenly, Taehyung was crouching in front of Jimin, hanging onto both his legs, “Jiminie's smile is the prettiest!"

 

Jimin let out a funny snort and smiled a little, “You guys remember?"

 

“Of course we do, we don't like it when our Jiminie is sad." Taehyung said happily, before turning around to look at Yoongi, “Hyung!"

“Right, of course," Yoongi stepped closer to Jimin looking like ke was about to fall over laughing before he said, “his hair is soft." and then he went on to do exactly that, the rest of them following suit. Well, everyone except Jungkook who still didn't get it.

 

“Yah yah! Just think about it, Yoongi Hyung couldn't even compliment anyone all those years ago!" Taehyung's gleeful cackle turned into an excited squeak as he dodged Yoongi's arm that was reaching out to hit him, promptly climbing on the bed to hide behind Jimin,s back. Thankfully, Jimin looked happy now.

“Yah, do you think I should call Jungkook a pig?" Everyone cackled.

 

“What?" Jungkook grunted and they turned, looking at him, “Oh Kookie you were young. Jimin was sad and we said the exact same things!" Taehyung explained loudly and Jungkook, finally understanding the situation muttered an “Oh" before stopping and snorting loudly, “wait, Yoongi Hyung said that?" Everyone laughed yet again and this time Yoongi did swat Jungkook's arm playfully before smirking and adding, “You don't remember what you did, did you?"

 

Jungkook's laughing stopped abruptly as he was met with matching mischevious gazes from three out of four of his brothers, Jimin was just looking at him and grinning like he knew what was about to happen. Of course he did.

 

“What did I do?" Jungkook half-wished they wouldn't tell him. But of course they would!

 

Hoseok grinned, “You kissed Jiminie!" And then went on to make weird kissy noises while pouting simultaneously. The tips of Jungkook's ears went red and he muttered to himself, “i was an embarrassing baby." Yoongi then shoved him into Jimin's side and shouted, “Kiss him Kookie!"

 

Jimin was laughing hard at Jungkook's expression but he quieted down enough to whisper, “You don't have to Kookie."

 

“Oh come on! We did a perfect reenactment! Kookie can't ruin it!" Taehyung shouted noisily from behind Jimin and Hoseok cheered him on. Jungkook shook his head in defeat but then quick as lightening he kissed Jimin's cheek and Jimin's happily surprised smile was enough for Jungkook to take on the teasing. Probably for the rest of his life, he thought gravely, they would never let him live this down.

 

Yoongi made a disgusted sound and Taehyung and Hoseok laughed and aww'ed at Jungkook, who turned even more red. Jimin kissed him on his cheek then and Jungkook was startled yet again, “What, I kissed everyone that day too." He said before turning towards the others, a mischevious glint in his eyes, “Do you want kisses too?"

 

“WHO'S HUNGRY?!" Hoseok bellowed and ran out of the room, a giggling Taehyung behind him with a still embarrassed Jungkook following them. Yoongi and Jimin were laughing so hard that their jaws hurt but then finally Jimin got out of bed and wrapped his arms around Yoongi, smiling at him brightly, and Yoongi smiled back, “Come on Jiminie, I think I'm actually hungry now." 

 

He ruffled Jimin's hair but then stopped suddenly, staring intently at Jimin's head.

 

“ you know, " he said slowly, “your hair really is soft." 

 

Jimin snorted and they fell apart, laughing yet again.