Comfort

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon finds herself confined in a very dark small room. She can hear voices of men laughing at a distance not so far from where she is sitting. She can’t understand the pain and the ache she’s feeling all over her body. She can see almost nothing because of darkness. She tries to make a step when suddenly she steps into an empty tin can making noise all over the dark room. The room suddenly lights up making her to see everything around her. Empty trash bins, broken wooden chairs and some other messy things scattered all around the floor. But what’s surprises her more is that she’s confined inside a chain link fence with no way out. She continues to scan the room when suddenly her heart drops at the next thing her eyes are seeing.

“Jong Hyun-ssi!” She cries out after seeing him sitting at the other corner of the room, his head is lying low near his shoulders with blood all over his face. How on earth this handsome face of this man turn into this, she rattles. The white shirt that he is wearing a while ago has also stains of blood, maybe coming from the blood dropping on his face. She immediately runs towards him but she can’t move any further because of the chain link fence that separates them. She tries to put her hand outside the fence to reach for him but she can’t reach him. She tries to shake the fence blocking her out but there is no single chance to be out. She starts to panic and screams with her lungs out, the image of lifeless Jong Hyun in her mind. She doesn’t know what to do.

“Jong Hyun-ssi! Jong Hyun-ssi!” She kneels down to the nearest spot that she can be and screams at him once again. But he is not moving at all. Seeing him immobile and with blood staining all over his beautiful face sends terror on her whole being. Her hands are already shaking. What’s more painful to her is the fact that he is so near yet so far because she is trapped inside that hellish fence. And she can’t do anything to help him.

 

“Yah you punk! Stop scaring me!” She yells at him once again from her spot. But there is no trace of any movement from him. She stares at him once again while tears start to run down her swollen face. She can’t continue watching his face bleeding like hell as the blood pours down on the floor.

“You said you want to see the pretty Seung Yeon. You told me to stop crying but what are doing? You’re making me cry again!” She whines still kneeling on the floor with her hands holding on the chain link fence. 

“I hate you! I really really hate you for causing this pain in me! And I will hate you forever if you didn’t move there. Yah! Please say something!” She sobs once again hoping she can find life from his situation. She's definitely going crazy from what's happening. 

 

“Oh. You’re awake.” Kwang Jin enters the room with his gang in the middle of her sobbing. She outs all her strength to her legs and stands up immediately to face him. She stops right before the fence can hit her face.

“Kwang Jin-ssi. He is not the bad person that you think. Your mom told me everything. Please release me, I need to bring him to the hospital.” She pleads at him while still captivated inside the fence. She is pleading for mercy.

“Yeah. Seems like he is not that bad after all. He went here to save you. Isn’t it sweet?” He responds full of sarcasm in his voice. The other guys at his back laughs and their laughs echo inside the room.

“Huh? What do you mean?” She creases her eyebrows unsure of what he is talking about.

“Do you think we can come here with these clean faces if he fought with us? C’mon beautiful girl. He obviously surrendered himself in exchange of your freedom. Like your knight shining armor in a typical love story. And it’s nice beating the hell out of his life, for once I succeeded easily. Thank you beautiful girl. We're done with him, so now you’re next…” His voice makes her body to freeze for a while. All she can hear now is the loud laughs of Kwang Jin and the other mean guys behind him. Their evil laughs surrounds and echoes all over her head.

 

“Nooooo!!!!!!!” She screams in the middle of her sleep. The jolt of fear and terror quickly awakens her back into consciousness. She immediately rises up feeling all the sweat all over her body. She feels like someone is choking her up from her sleep. She’s breathing so hard, chasing some air around her. Slowly she’s feeling the tiredness in her body as if those were real. feels so dry. She holds on to her chest trying to calm her heart. She looks around and sees nothing but darkness. She’s too afraid to move when everything is still clear to her mind. Chain link fence. Bloody Jong Hyun. Bad guy Kwang Jin. And their evil laughs. How can she go back to sleep if she could still clearly remembers everything?

“It was a horrible nightmare. It was just a horrible nightmare. You’re fine Seung Yeon. You’re fine.” She’s talking monologue as her way to calm herself. She shifts her head to where she left her phone and unplugs it from the charger. She scrolls down through several messages then stops at one new number in her inbox.

“Call me if something happens.”

“He didn’t even write his name. That punk!” She is quite sure this message is from Jong Hyun. She notices it’s only 4:30 in the morning so she tries to go back to sleep. After a few minutes of closing her eyes, she can still hear Kwang Jin’s voice running after her with their laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter