Missing You

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon has been spending most of her time in Gangnam only for one main reason – trying her luck to see Jong Hyun again. It has been two weeks since she came back from Japan and there has been no trace of Jong Hyun, none at all. No message, no call even if he knows her number. She’s staring over the brewed coffee she ordered ten minutes ago, already cold because her mind is thinking of something else. She runs her hand over her neck, unsure of what to do with what she’s feeling.

“Any plans of drinking that coffee?” A sarcastic voice echoes right behind her.

“Common Sooyou unnie. Stop teasing me.” She complains sweetly after instructing her to sit down.

“Seriously Seung Yeon-ie. We’ve been to almost all coffee shops here in Gangnam. Tell me exactly why are we doing this for the past two weeks.” Sooyou scratches her head getting ready to order her own coffee.

“Eeyy stop complaining. Don’t worry this is going to be the last day.” Seung Yeon speaks so little as if speaking to herself. She knows she has little chances of seeing Jong Hyun in the streets of Gangnam, the only detail she knows about his house. She’s not even sure if he is already back in Korea for good. Her hopes of seeing him again are slightly tearing down.

“Finally!” She snaps in happiness but after a few seconds she realized she may sound a bit insensitive for not supporting Seung Yeon.

“Don’t get me wrong. Not that I am complaining or what. I just don’t understand why every morning we have in famous coffee shops here in Gangnam, for two weeks. This is so unusual of you. After you came back from Japan you’re behaving differently.” Sooyou continues trying to explain her side.

 

“He likes coffee every morning or on his way to work. He likes it with less sugar, a bit creamy and dark.” Tears start to run down Seung Yeon’s face. She’s trying to cover it up with her Vibrate cap but Sooyou is quick enough to notice.

“Yah. Yah. Hey! He? You mean a guy? What are you saying? And why are you crying?” Sooyou is trying to lift up Seung Yeon’s spirit. She pulls her cap and fixes her hair, caring like an elder sister.

“I met him in Japan. I lied to you Unnie. I lied to Eomma, Appa. I lied to everyone. I lied that I am having a grand vacation in Thailand. I am sorry.” Seung Yeon looks at her with puppy eyes looking for some understanding and comfort from her best friend.

“That’s why you didn’t call me again the day after you left.” Sooyou extends her hands to Seung yeon after coming closer to her. She sits on Seung Yeon’s right covering her from the people that might notice them being extra emotional in the corner of the shop.

“But why do we have to wait here in Gangnam? He lives here? Oh my God! He must be rich! A business man maybe? Or a successor of one of the big hotels here? How dare you keep this kind of things from me?” Sooyou’s eyes is beaming with interest after hearing a story of a guy from her. They have been friends for a long time but Seung Yeon never cried over a guy. She completely knows about those guys that are looking around for Seung Yeon but she’s always too focused on her career.

“He is an idol…” She says almost like hushing.

“Are you crazy!??” Sooyou’s eyes are at its biggest. She suddenly stands up from her chair out of her surprise from what she just heard. She can’t believe she fell for a Korean idol.

“Lower down your voice. And please sit down. You’re making a scene!” Seung Yeon grabs her by the hand and forcefully pulls her down to her chair.

“Please tell me I heard it wrong. It can’t be an idol. You don’t like dating an idol, right? If I can remember it right an EXO and Super Junior member tried to court you but you didn’t give them any chance. Now you’re crying over an idol. Who is the lucky guy?” Sooyou is confirming the details again with disbelief in her mind.

“Lee Jong Hyun…from CNBlue.” Seung Yeon whispers close to her ears.

“Yah!” Sooyou acts a lot more surprised than earlier making her stand again. She taps on the table making their coffees to shake a little. It almost spills over the table.

“Please. Stop reacting like that.” Seung Yeon grabs her again, this time by the hem of her shirt. Other customers look at their spot.

“I know him. He’s a snobbish guy. I heard a lot of idols fear him because of his tough appearance. I can count the number of times he smiled to me during year end performances.” Sooyou raises her fingers as if remembering those moments, teasing Seung Yeon. Now she has calmed herself from all the surprise news from Seung Yeon.

“But he’s really cute.” Soyou admits right away with a smile on her face after taking a sip on her coffee.

 

“Appa came to his house after the accident and everything ended in a blink of an eye.” Seung Yeon  comes to the end of her story. She told almost everything that happened in Japan.

“So the question now is why he’s not contacting you?” Sooyou asks in response.

“Do you think it has something to do with my dad? They had a serious conversation that day. I didn’t know what it’s all about but I know it was something serious. He knows my company, my number, my address; he knows almost everything about me. There’s no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter