Even Today, I Can't Get Out From the Thoughts of You.

мσяє тнαи єνєя

 

When the world turns dark
And the rain quietly falls
Everything is still

Even today, without a doubt
I can’t get out of it. 
I can’t get out from the thoughts of you

 

-비가 오는 날엔, On Rainy Days, B2ST

 

||||

Donghae

||||

 

He’d left his bag at SM, and was now walking over to the reception, trying to look for it. There was no way that he could lose it-how could he have been so careless as to leave his most prized possession here? Pabo. Hoping that it was in the lost and found,he asked the receptionist if anyone had seen a bag here, but she explained that it had probably been stolen. Sighing, he looked around, and saw two figures walking in the hallway.

 

“Thanks, Amber.” 

“Gwenchana? You okay now?”

 

The singer, whom looked famous, nodded. “Gomowo.”

 

“I should be thanking you, Key.” Amber let out a laugh, and Donghae felt a sense of jealousy as he realized that he hadn’t seen her laugh for years. After he patted her shoulder, and then left, making sure to take one last look at her, Amber stood still. She watched Key’s back as he left for a while, rocking back and forth on her feet. She then turned around, a soft smile playing on her lips, until she saw Donghae.

 

“Oh-“

 

Donghae waved, his heart crumbling. So she liked someone already? And she didn’t remember him? After all these years of waiting for her, she didn’t-

 

“Donghae-ssi?”

 

||||| 
 

Amber

||||| 
 

“Here’s your bag.”

 

She handed it over to him, and Donghae stared at it.

 

“It’s yours, isn’t it?”

 

She nudged it over into his hands, and Donghae gave a small bow with his head. “Thanks.” Amber smiled at him, giving him a long stare, and Donghae suddenly felt strangely self-conscious. “Why didn’t you tell me it was you? God, Hae, you’ve changed so much-I didn’t even recognize you!” He laughed, smiling at her upbeat attitude. She always looked at her glass half-full, even when the going got tough. It was one of the reasons why he liked her so much, and he was glad to see that it hadn’t changed. “You’ve matured a lot, too-look at your hair! Blonde, Amber?”

 

“And super short. I’m surprised you didn’t mistake me for a guy,” Amber laughed, good-naturedly.

 

“Sorry I didn’t say hi earlier-I didn’t want to disturb you in your trainee activities. How’s it going, by the way? Have you become famous, like you promised?”

 

“Still a long way to go. I just started out,” She said wistfully. “But I’m going to try my best. What about you, Mr. Professional Photographer?”

 

“Well, I for one am extremely famous, unlike a certain tomboy I know,” he teased gently. His eyes sparkled as he engaged in banter with Amber again, and her smile grew wider when she realized that she’d broken the tense atmosphere that was there earlier. It was still slightly awkward, and she didn’t know how to act around him, but she couldn’t shake off the excited, joyful feeling that had begun to ripple through her.

 

“Yeah right. What do you take pictures of, your designer jeans?” She said, laughing.

 

“Hey, these jeans sell for record prices, especially since they’re worn by me,” He retorted, sticking out his tongue. She grinned at him, noticing that he hadn’t lost his mellow humour. However, she became surprised when his face suddenly turned serious, and he began to look at her intensely.

 

“Instead of talking about me, though, we should talk about something else.”

 

“Like what?” Amber said, her heart suddenly pounding nervously. 


"Us.”

 

||||| 

Key

||||| 

 

But there comes a point when you’ve got to stop-and not think about the other person-just think about yourself.

 

So, what are you going to do now?”

 

Her words rung in his ears, and he couldn’t stop replaying them in his head. Looking at his phone, and closing his eyes, he checked the clock on his cell. He had about an hour before he had to head back to SM, and decided that it would be enough time for what he was going to do next. He had been sitting in the car for a while, thinking about Amber’s words, coming to the conclusion that she was right. Cho Sun was a married woman now. He could no longer look at her in the way he’d been so used to for years. Rummaging in his glove compartment, he found a slip of paper, and took out a pencil.

 

I will forget you. I will erase you. I will forget you.

 

Goodbye.

 

As he began to write the letter, his heart began to feel lighter. Today was the day that he would truly stop loving her, that he’d thank her for all the years that they’d had-and that he’d move on. He wasn’t going to be stuck in the same spot anymore. He was going to change himself.

 

Thank you, Amber.