I'm Only Going to Die if I Forced Myself to Breathe

мσяє тнαи єνєя

 

Who do you think you are?

Why did you appear in my memory and mess it up?

I'm only going to die if I forced myself to breathe

I'm only going to rot if I tried to throw away the reality.

 

-Clap, Teen Top

 

:::::

Key

:::::

 

“Where the heck were you?”

“Finishing up some buisness.”

 

Key walked into the entrance of the recording studio, and was less than pleased to find that his manager was staring him down.

 

“Buisness?”

Nico scoffed.

“So, Key, honestly, where have you been? Going for a drink? Playing with some girls? Perhaps gambling away your savings at a casino? Key, you can’t keep running away like this. Your job is on the line, and I’m sure you know it, so why are you ignoring that fact? A new trainee will be debuting with you today, and you don’t even have the courtesy to show up on time. You know that your reputation is at stake and has been tarnished with your irresponsible ways-but you still can’t change. Do you still really want to be a celebrity, Key? Because, last time I checked, being famous didn’t just have good points-it also had a price tag.”

 

“Go away, Nico.”

 

“What do you mean by-“

“You’re my manager. You’re here to manage my schedule and not lecture me.”

“Well, unfortunately, I can’t manage your schedule if you’re not here.”

 

Nico glared at him, and Key knew that he was just worried, but he still felt a sting of anger. First Cho Sun -and now even Nico. Both seemed to only enjoy ratting on his back about how stupid he was. Key knew he was being a brat, and he was being whiney, but he couldn’t help and feel like the whole world was against him. Ignoringing his anger, While Key had been the foolish one who slacked off and didn’t worry, Nico was always organized and ready for anything that wanted to tackle him. It wasn’t surprising when Key became the famous one, while Nico became the manager who took care of everything. Nico kept him in check, and Key had to admit that without him, his celebrity career wouldn’t even have started. Grudgingly, he gave a short nod, and followed Nico to the recording room.

“She’s amazing. Talented at the guitar and an amazing rapper-reminds me of when you first debuted. She’s a fresh face, and will certainly make the headlines with all that charm she has in her.”

 

“A girl?”

 

“Yeah. But don’t try to use your notorious flirting skills on her, because they’re not going to work. She’s unlike any girl you’ve ever met, Key.”

Key was starting to get a little interested. Walking to another door, this one leading to the studio that recorded the instrumental of the song. He could hear someone rapping in fluent English, and the voice seemed strong and captivating. A guitar was strumming gently, its soft chords a contrast to her vicious words. He couldn’t understand a word she was saying, but he could feel the passion and the emotions vibrating from outside of the door. Curiously, he tugged at the handle, and walked into the room. His eyes scanned the cramped space greedily, but he was surprised when he saw the occupant.

Sitting on a chair was… a boy?

 

:::::

 

Amber

 

:::::

 

A Chord. F Chord. C Chord. E Chord.

Amber looked at her sheet music and frowned at it. E Chord? It didn’t harmonize with the first three at all, and made an ugly sound at the end of the phrase. Shaking her head, she played a G Chord, and smiled once her ear picked up the sound. She’d been hoping to make an acoustic version of her new single, and was currently writing it down-hence the papers scattered on the floor and the pencil tucked above her ear. Sitting cross-legged in a chair, with a guitar in her lap, her fingers swept across the frets. Every couple of measures, she’d take out her pencil and scribble a couple of notes until she was satisfied. Amber was about to start playing again, when suddenly the door creaked open.

She turned her head.

A tall young man was standing in the doorway, tie slack on his neck and shirt wrinkled. He looked tired and slightly unnerved, as if all he wanted was a good night’s sleep. However, his eyes were concentrated on Amber with a look of confusion. He turned his head back out the door, and started talking in sharp Korean to his manager. Ignoring him, Amber went back to the guitar, her finger and turning a page in her book of tablature.

 

“Amber. Amber Liu?”

 

The guy started speaking to her now. She transitioned from English to Korean.

“Yes?”

“You’re Amber Liu?”

Amber nodded her head slowly, noting that he seemed surprised. “Well, lets get started on our song.”

 

“Our song? Who are you?”

“Who am I?”

 

He looked angry now, and as he walked closer, she trained her eyes on him. His dark hair was parted into side bangs, his brown eyes wide and contradicting. He wore tons of jewellery-leather bracelets adorned his arms, straps hung from his leather pants, a shining brooch was pinned on his suit jacket, and silver rings looped around his fingers. What attracted Amber the most, however, was his necklace. It was silver and sparkled as he walked closer towards her, reflecting the lights that hung on the ceiling. Dangling and swishing back and forth on his neck, she saw a tiny key on it, along with a couple diamonds studded into its surface. It was then that Amber realized the huge mistake she’d just made. Crap.

 

“Who. Am. I?”

 

He looked outraged now, just when she found out that his name was Key. How could she forget? Kim Kibum, world’s biggest brat who sang with the passion of a student doing homework. Amber absolutely hated him. How could all the girls like him when he was cruel towards others, obsessed with his own reflection, narcissistic, and unfeeling towards music? There were tons of people out there who were so talented who would never make it big, and here was a whiney, self-centred boy that only become famous because he pulled a couple of strings. She didn’t care if she was supposed to record with him, didn’t care if he was the “golden boy” of SM-all she knew was that she didn’t want to work with him.

 

“A jerk, right?”

 

She uncrossed her legs and set her guitar down, plastering a fake smile on her face.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Amber Liu.”

 

The boy was seething now, his hands in fists. Even though he seemed frustrated, and he’d have to put up with a couple months of misery, Amber couldn’t help but smirk at him. She wasn’t going to let a petty boy like him ruin her quest for her best friend. In fact, she was going to see how far she could push him until he broke-perhaps teach him a lesson during the way.

 

Never mess with Amber.