Final

When I Grow Up
Final
"Seungcheol, why are you so kind to me? You are like an angel. You are always there for me."
 
 
"Because you are my friend. I want to see you happy everyday. I am helping you because I love you. My mom told me that I should always help the people I love."
 
 
"Really? You love me? What made you say that?"
 
 
"I don't know. Maybe, when I grow up I will know, Jeonghannie."
 
 
 
I was surprised to see Seungcheol's girlfriend standing infront of my table. I slowly close my book and face her.
 
 
"I'm Katherine," she extends her hand for a hand shake but I just stare at her. "What can I do for you, Katherine?" She finally put down her hand and took the vacant seat across me.
 
 
"I'm here to tell you the truth."
 
 
Truth? What truth? I knitted my brows and look at her with confusion. I don't want to speak yet. I will let her do all the talking.
 
 
"Jeonghan oppa, I'm not Seungcheol's girlfriend." she said with a guilt on her tone. My mouth agape and my hands starts to sweat. What did she just say?
 
 
"I know you won't believe me but he's not really inlove with me. It's you, Jeonghan. Seungcheol loves you."
 
 
S-seungcheol.. loves me? For real? W-why he didn't told me? He didn't know how long I've been keeping this feelings of mine. He should've told me.
 
 
"Seungcheol is inlove with you since then. At first, he was really confused but when he realized that what he felt was real, he then decided to dimissed it. Jeonghan, he is afraid to be judged and criticized by other people. That's why he asked for my help. He wants me to act as his girlfriend. But he didn't expect what you did last time. Jeonghan, you kissed him! Does that mean--"
 
 
"Katherine!"
 
 
Katherine and I both look to our right side and we're both surprised to see Seungcheol. My heart is pounding hard. It's been a while since the last time he's this close to me. I miss him. I miss my bestfriend. But Seungcheol suddenly runs away. I get up from my seat and followed him.
 
 
"Seungcheol!" I grab his arms to stop him.
 
 
"Let me go!" he tried to pull his arms back but I didnt let him. "No! We need to talk!"
 
 
"We have nothing to talk about, Jeonghan!" he successfully get his arms back then he starts to walk again. But I will not stop, we need to talk. I run so I can go ahead and stops infront of him. "Seungcheol!!"
 
 
"What!?!"
 
 
I step back when I saw him crying. Seungcheol is crying. It's the first time I saw him shedding tears infront of me, and it doesn't feel good. It tears me apart.
 
 
"C-cheol, w-why are y-you crying?"
 
 
"You already heard it Jeonghan! I have nothing left to say. Please leave me alone." Seungcheol walked pass by me to leave but I get his wrist again.
 
 
"But, I love you, too Seungcheol!"
 
 
I pull him to face me, "that's the reason why I kissed you. I love you since the day I met you! Ever since we're kids."
 
 
Seungcheol pull back his arms with great force. "Jeonghan! I am a man! Stop this okay, I'm not gay!"
 
 
"Then, be a real man, Seungcheol! Be brave to show your true feelings! Don't be afraid of what others will say. Don't be afraid to be judged, besides no one in this world has the right to judge! But if that's how you define a real man, then I would rather be a gay. You are so wea--" Seungcheol grabs my wrist and he pulls me close to him. So close, leaving no space between us. My eyes grow wide when my lips touches a very familiar spot. Same person but a very different feeling. It's very overwhelming. The eagerness, the longing, the affection, the love is felt everytime Seungcheol moves his lips against mine. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time and it feels really great to know that it's finally happening right now. The taste of his lips is sweeter than the strawberry syrup spread on the top of my pancakes. Seungcheol will always be the sweetest thing I know.
 
 
Slowly, Seungcheol detatched his lips from me. He gently caressed my cheeks and when I open my eyes, I frown when I see the tears still flowing on his face. I put my hands on his cheeks to remove the crystals running down his face.
 
 
"I'm sorry if I avoided you. I'm sorry if I got mad at you. I am just scared. I'm scared to lose you, Jeonghan. I don't want to lose our friendship just because of this feelings, because of our feelings. But, I was wrong. What I did was really wrong. I almost lost you because of my stupid decision."
 
 
"Ssssh. It's alright. What's important is we have each other now. Don't worry about our friendship, it will last. I know that no one can split us, not even my dad. Our love for each other will forever last." I gave him a reassuring smile and as a response Seungcheol once again pressed our lips together. But it didn't last long when he pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.
 
 
"I know, I already said this before, but this time I already know the answer. I love you Yoon Jeonghan. Why? I think I just love you because of who you are." he smiled sweetly and I can't help but chuckle.
 
 
"Remember when you asked me what do I want to do when I grow up? I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Now, that I'm already grown up, I am ready to fulfill my dream. I love you Seungcheol."
 
 
Seungcheol grins and pulls me again for a kiss.
 
 
I don't care about dad anymore. I just want to be loved and free. I just want to be happy.
WHEN I GROW UP; FINAL