epilogue.

Pillars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tall, slender woman stood just in front of the gravestone that carved the name of the man that has always held her heart. Her dark locks fell just below her shoulder blades dancing along the whistles of the wind. Droplets of water dotted down her cheeks while she clenched onto the bouquet of baby breath and roses that was on her hand.

 

‘Kwon Jiyong

August 18, 1988-

November 11, 2016’

 

The gravestone did not even have anything. Not a single candle lighted for him nor flowers left beside the stone. He was all alone when he took his last breath and he’s still all alone now. No one seemed to have mourned for him.

Yoona kneeled down beside the stone, putting down the bouquet neatly before running her fingers through the carved letters. How long has it been since the last time she saw him? She chose to go as far away from him the moment they ended things but she never stopped loving him. She always came back to Seoul at least once in every three months to check on him discreetly and see how he was doing. He seemed to have been living a good life, carrying on just like how he was before they met. It was during her recent visit when she found out that he passed away, found hanged in his apartment. Their once apartment.

After finding out about that news from the ahjumma downstairs, she ran. Ran as far away as her own two feet can bring her to do. Away from the horrible reality, away from everything.

She thought that she has already moved on and nothing about him would affect her anymore, despite her constant need of update on him. She was already with someone, someone who loves her and showered her with the affection she deserved. But why was it that the tears just would not stop from coming out?

“Let’s go Yoong, it’s time to go.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter