finale.

Pillars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His parents never liked her. They never approved of them two being together that he as an outcome had to lessen, to the point of cutting, all contacts with them. They never liked how she had no background to influence him into achieving higher in his career.

“What if, sometime in the future, we fall apart?”

He caressed her cheek softly with his right hand, brushing away the astray hair to tuck behind her ear. “Why would you think of that?”
“I just don’t want to be the reason as to why you and your parents fell apart. I grew up with none, longing for the warmth and affection that other children had growing up. I don’t want you to take what you had for granted and throw it all away just for me, regretting it later on.”

“What are you trying to say now, Yoona?” he snapped. She knew that when he uses her name, she has just got to step down and shut up. It was an indicator that he was beginning to get irritated.

After being with Jiyong for years, there was one thing that she learnt; he may be sweet and very affectionate but he has also got a very bad temper. A temper that she usually tries to avoid after experiencing once, ending up for them in a very big argument and not talking for at least a week. She thought then that, that would be the end of their relationship. As an outcome, she had to be the bigger person; to confront him and apologise which saved their relationship. After that, never again did she step into his line. She repeatedly told herself, to convince herself, that he began to become like that due to the stress of work.

He was, used to be, the most patient guy she has ever met.

 

The silence that fell between them was deafening.

“Let’s break up.”

His words cut through her; like a sharpened knife that pierced right into her chest. She knew that their relationship has been in jeopardy, he did not want to fix it in any way despite her countless attempt to do so. All this time, it felt like she has been walking on a tightrope awaiting to lose her balance and fall. This was her fall right now.

“Can’t we try to fix it?” she was asking an obvious question, no. Lately, he hasn’t been coming home like he usually does. She only gets to see him very rarely; it was like he has been trying to avoid her. Sending lame excuses by text to how he can’t come home because of work. At first she believed him, until the day she planned to surprise him with a packed lunch she prepared herself. Instead of work keeping him occupied, it was more like his secretary, Kiko. She was beautiful, a half Japanese and half American descent. Yoona has got to admit that when she first met her, she was green with envy. She tried to shrug the idea off though, choosing to trust him. Wholeheartedly.

“I’m going to work, by the time I come back I expect for all your things and you to be gone.”

She wondered then why she chose to stick around with him despite finding out how he was with another. It was because she loved him too much, too much that she didn’t want to let go of that feeling so quickly. Being able to rely onto someone than herself, feeling useless by herself without him. Now, she really was useless. Utter and completely useless.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter