One Day

Perfect

 

"Because it was my mistake. And now I see it. Please, come back."

 


 

He escaped the party, to explain it somehow, he said he was tired due to all the effort he putted for the comeback. And it was a excuse good enough not to be questioned about the real reason why he was leaving a party meant to be for them. If only everyone knew how it hurt him to see Eunji having fun with her group of friends, including after a few more drinks some guys in that particular circle of friends. He was also having more drinks than he knew he could stand. And before he started doing something stupid he decided to leave.

It has been almost two weeks since that event. Not a message. No news. No contact of any kind. He didn't see her again after that night. Except that they were having the comeback at the same time.

 

Just for one day, If I could see you
Just for one day, If I could see what is in your mind
If I knew your mind full of wounds a little bit earlier
If I could turn back the time, If I could erase all that aching wounds
If I could do everything I just realized now, for you

 

 During the rehearsals, backstage even during the recording, not a single glance. She didn't look for him, when they passed by each other she would respectfuly say hi and continued her way. Even when his group won during the shows, nothing more than a general congratulation was what he received while his friend actually had a full conversation with that girl. Her texts whenever they won were what he missed the most, he didn't care about the rest but knowing she was proud of him would light up his entire week and make him work harder. But he never realized that until now. He took it for granted for so long. Her hugs and kisses that were a better reward than winning on a music show. Before Sunggyu wouldn't care about this, sometimes he wouldn't care to reply, knowing that she would keep on doing it anyway. 

 

"Congrats!❤"

 

His eyes widened in surprise. But it only lasted a second when he saw the sender was BabySoul. A simple thanks was his reply. She wasn't the person he wanted to text him. He wasn't in a good mood later and s noticed but they knew there was nothing they could do. Some tried to convince Hoya to talk to Eunji but he would always refuse. She was Hoya's friend as much as Sunggyu was. And he wasn't in the position to intervene between this two. Or at least that was what he said everytime any request like that came to him.

 

Your eyes which were looking at me, your arms which were holding me,
Your dream which was filling my heart up, your breath which was covering up for me
I stood back and regretted about my past days,
but they look dim in your eyes.

Without, without regret

I don’t need anything. I just want to face you
If I could get everything back

 

 Sunggyu was staring blankly at his phone, watching once and again her MV, her presentation, her pictures from all these days of promotion. He missed her so much. She didn't look affected in his eyes. And that hurt him even harder. Was it really that easy to forget someone you love? Well, when they were together he forgot how much he actually ended up loving this beautiful girl. 

Right now he could only think of how many times in a day they were meeting due to the promotions. And it was painful to greet properly and then watch her back leaving him as if there was never anything between them. Watching her interact happily with others without even looking back at him. It was also Sunggyu's fault, for never daring to continue the conversation further. He wanted her back, but he was a coward whenever the moment came.

 

Just for one day, no, just for a moment
If you look back, I will get you back
You also cannot imagine yourself without me, right?
So please come back to your own place

 

 "I can't continue like this..." 

 

Sunggyu stood up and was looking for a gift he received once from Eunji. It was a letter. Once they fought really bad. But she wasn't a normal type of girl, so instead of waiting for him to ask forgiveness, she wrote a letter explaining her position and why no one was at fault. After that time they never had another fight like that. The thing that he loved from that letter is that it had a picture of both. She hugging him with her signature smile while he had an angry face. His expression was because of a silly argument, he wasn't really upset. It was all acting. But that smile she had was the prettiest he has ever seen on her face.

 

"You never smiled like that again. Not even now."

 

He was holding onto the picture and now he was walking to the car. Decided on looking for her. It was hard, but he found out thanks to an Apink member where she was. He explained that he only wanted to have a nice closure for both groups not to be awkward with each other. Although those were not his intentions. He needed her back. That was all he knew at the moment. Nothing else matters, but getting the chance to at least give her back the same letter, with that picture. It had a deep meaning for both and maybe with it he would be able to talk with her. To let her know the realizations he made.

 

"I will bring back that smile."

 

Just for one day, If you could smile. If you smile at me again
If I knew your mind full of tears little bit earlier
 

Just for one day If I could see you, I won’t make the same mistake
If I can’t meet you again,

then I will just sing with the wish that this song reaches you
No matter what I say, you won’t listen to them
Even if you come back, I will make you cry
But the one who makes you smile would also be me
If I could get everything back

 

Just like that he arrived at the building, he knew perfectly where the vocal practice room was. Everytime she was free, that was her place. It wasn't weird for him after awhile sharing dates there. Sometimes he ended up liking to stay there more than any other place too. That was their place. Everyone knew that if any of them dissapeared or wasn't answering their phones was because they were in their spot. Both loved singing and well, there was no better place for them to release stress and still feel comfortable, without more people, without cameras. Just being the foolish them. Always saying that there was no one else in the world they could share this with.

 

Just for one day, no, just for a moment
If you look back, I will get you back
You also cannot imagine yourself without me, right?
So please come back to your own place

 

Finally once Sunggyu got to the right place, he couldn't even hold the doorknob. When he saw through the transparent door her figure everything became bright and his expectations on going back with her grew exponentially, he reassured to himself that Eunji was the one he needed in his life. But at the second he saw who was sitting in the same room, he froze and it felt like everything was tumbling down. For sure he was not a musical engineer, that figure he knew really well. After many collaborations with his ex-girlfriend of course he knew this guy. Never he felt jealousy, specially since she always told him how she felt they were more like family, that there was not even a single posibility of them being a couple.

But just at that moment when he was ready to express his all to Eunji. To give his last try to recover what they lost. Ignoring this guy's presence and get back with his Juliet. Something hurt really deep in him, like it was breaking inside. It wasn't her what made him feel so bad. But looking at the smile that guy had whenever she started singing wasn't something he could ignore. Even when he felt the happiest by her side, never has he felt such a warm feeling coming from him like that guy had at this moment. But this guy looked so inmersed in her voice that if you saw what Sunggyu could see now... if anyone could witness that exact moment... there was no doubt that love was surrounding that person. Could he really compete with someone like that to get her back? Did he really deserved to try again when there seemed to be someone better than him for her? But no. She belonged with him... right?

 

Just for one day, If I could catch you,
I will overcome everything, betting my all on there
I will hug all of your aching times and the tears you held back
 

If I meet someone else not you, they won’t understand me as you
You also cannot imagine yourself without me, right?
So please come back to your own place

 

Dull steps took him back to his car. He was still in the parking lot, a lot of ideas surrounding his mind. The elevator reached this level. It was them, walking right in front of him. That was probably his car, he assumed. He opened the door for Eunji to enter, and while she sat and bowed to him, he already buckled her seatbelt. Both were in the car just chatting while the engine was on, until the car finally started to move. Slowly Sunggyu came out of his car watching them go further away. And there he broke.

 

Through the side mirror of the car.

He saw her smile.

The moment she looked at the mirror.

Eyes met through it.

Just like her smile, the car dissapeared in front of him.

 

Just for a while, no, just for a moment
If you give me a chance, I will get you back
You also cannot imagine yourself without me, right?
So please come back to your own place
 

Just for one day, If I could see you
Just for one day, If I could see what is in your mind