Same old love - Me and my girls

Perfect

 

"After that last call, I couldn't stand it anymore. I confronted you, but you lied. Why do you keep up with this act? Why do I keep falling?"

 


 

After everything, Eunji finally broke down. She couldn't pretend this time, and just like that she started throwing stuff at a completely confused Sunggyu. They were going to a private party, celebrating INFINITE's new mini album and while the girls were preparing for their comeback too, this was their last chance to have fun. But everything was ruined when another phone call came. Eunji was in her room, getting ready for the party, having her boyfriend waiting for her in the living room. Once she was done with her make up and everything, as silent as she could to give him a surprise Eunji was sneaking into the living room just in time to hear those two words.

 

"I love you too."

 

If it wasn't because of the foolish smile he had, the look he gave to the lifeless phone and the softness his words carried, Eunji would have pretended she didn't hear. But this time, those words stabbed her heart too hard. He never used that soft voice when he said he loved her before. Right there things started flying towards a surprised Sunggyu. He didn't know what to say or do in this situation, he could only protect himself right now. Suddenly, Eunji was in her room again, but it didn't last long. She was back at it again, throwing stuff at him.

 

"Why!?" He suddenly raised his voice, not understanding his girlfriend's acts.

"Take everything back. I don't want it!"

There he saw that the last things he was 'receiving' were gifts from him.

"I cannot... do this anymore..." The Eunji in rage he saw before dissapeared in the blink of an eye, she didn't have any expression now and even stopped throwing things. "Leave." Her firm voice was surprising for him, "And take all your gifts." her last words were spoken and she went back to her room.

"Eunji-yah, don't do this again." 

 

They had fought many times but this was the first time he actually saw her like that. Normally they would start talking, she would ask about his feelings, if he loved her, what did he like in a girl and sometimes, tears would start flowing unconsciously from her eyes. She would ask him to break up. He would refuse. After some sweet words from him, she would fall for him and everything would be back to normal. So this was a completely new Eunji to him, never had she been angry at him, not even serious. Always smiling and cheerful, that was her image in front of him. And hoping this was just another stage, he approached her room, and after a few knocks without answer he decided to just speak out.

 

"Sky..." his nickname for her after her debut. "open the door."

No response.

"Come on, you are all ready. You look beautiful." Sunggyu did not lie. "What happened?"

 

Eunji was just at the door, lying on the wooden piece with her eyes closed, not even a single tear this time. Opening the door was not an option at first, but he seemed to think that this was one of her previous insecurity problems. Not this time, she thought. And ready to leave him quite a new impression of her, this was the time, she had to do it. The door was open.

 

Take away your things and go
You can't take back what you said, I know
I've heard it all before at least a million times
I'm not one to forget, you know

 

A huge smile and arms wide open. That was Sunggyu right now. Oh Gosh he was wrong. In front of him, a poker face and crossed arms was all he received. Taken aback, he lefft his arms fall to his sides and a questioning look take place over his face. Sunggyu was sure she already ate, those were the only moments were he could see her like that, when she was hungry or craving for something in special. But something was off, he felt like missing something. Right now a glaring contest was taking place in that hallway and the tension could be felt throuh the walls of the building for sure. Eunji spoke first.

 

"Let's end this. For real."

And once more he was taken aback, He took a few steps back and now he could only think that she was drunk. But before he could express anything, she cut him off.

"I know about Baby Soul." Eunji didn't feel confident to say her real name, it still hurt.

It was the first time she was so straight about this and he wasn't prepared. "W-what do you mean?"

"You're not a good liar. That's why I never said her name before, cause I wanted you to lie. But I'm tired. Please leave."

 

A hand was pointing the door in order for him to exit her apartment. Not ready to actually confront her in that topic, he lowered his head, embarrassed. She knew, and he couldn't imagine why or how, he wasn't dating Soojung, but he had to admit there was some interest, even if it wasn't necessarily reciprocated. It was a mess in his head so he did as told for now. He never had been able to lie to her, so he was afraid he would say something to hurt her. Stupid, he really was unaware that he already had done it. And for quite a long time. So like that, he left. With Eunji's steps following just behind, locking the door when he was finally outside. It seemed like forever to Eunji, the time it took him to leave. Her knees gave up, she fell to the floor with her hand placed on top of her chest. She couldn't cry anymore, she did it so many times already. 



I don't believe, I don't believe it
You left in peace, left me in pieces
Too hard to breathe, I'm on my knees
Right now, 'ow

I'm so sick of that same old love, that , it tears me up
I’m so sick of that same old love, my body's had enough
Oh, that same old love
I’m so sick of that same old love, feels like I've blown apart
I’m so sick of that same old love, the kind that breaks your heart
Oh, that same old love

 

 

After around 20 minutes, Eunji was back in her room getting ready to go out again. Chorong had called her, the party started and they saw Sunggyu arriving alone. Nobody asked anything, after all, only those two groups knew their relationship. But it would be weird if from Apink only Eunji wasn't there, everyone was waiting for her too since her solo debut was such a success. Bomi without previous notice was inside her room which startled Eunji.

 

"Yah! Don't you know how to knock?" She laughed and went to hug her friend.

"Wanna talk?" Bomi held tight onto her bestfriend, a few words were enough for them to understand each other.

"In the car."

 

Eunji just shook her head. Around ten minutes before, she received a text from Sunggyu asking to meet and talk about things, asking her not to rush with her decision. But she wasn't planning on taking back her words. Not this time, not anymore, they had enough of this story, Eunji was done for real with him. If they met and talked about it she would break and go back to him. She didn't want that. She has been breaking part by part, little by little, during all this months. She couldn't be strong again, not twice in the same night. If he tried to approach her during the party she could have a break down and that's why she needed Bomi's help, not to fallat his feet again.

 


I'm not spending any time, wasting tonight on you
I know, I've heard it all
So don't you try and change your mind
Cause I won't be changing too, you know

You can't believe, still can't believe it
You left in peace, left me in pieces
Too hard to breathe, I'm on my knees
Right now, 'ow

I'm so sick of that same old love, that , it tears me up
I’m so sick of that same old love, my body's had enough
Oh, that same old love
I’m so sick of that same old love, feels like I've blown apart
I’m so sick of that same old love, the kind that breaks your heart
Oh, that same old love

 

 


 

Eunji didn't know but Hayoung was waiting for them in the car. She couldn't feel more grateful to those girls right now, that was all she needed, some company and support from her sisters. Nobody knew everything Eunji went through during these months but now, she was ready to spill out everything and ask for help; for strength. It was pretty late in the night, it was easier for idols like them to organize parties and go out around this hours. Eunji had said everything that happened and this two who were in the car with her somehow found a way to cheer her up. She also told them how she was preparing for the last two months to break up with him, how day by day she was trying to get over him, thing were not like their first year. Since Sunggyu was changing, it was easier for her, but because of all the moments and memories it still hurt her and getting back with him actually crossed her mind a few times with the text he sent.

The other two girls were totally against that, if she really loved Sunggyu that much, she should have broken up with him way before, knowing that he loved someone else. This were the words Eunji heard from her friends, and it totally shocked her. Never she could expect they would say something like that, especially because they were implying she didn't really love Sunggyu and that made her anger.

 

"Calm Ji~" Bomi said with a soft voice while driving, sensing Eunji's rage. "Think about it, if you loved him and you knew he loved someone else, why would you tie him up in a relationship were he would never be fully happy?"

Silence filled the car a few seconds before Hayoung broke it. "Time!"

"Because you were jealous and possessive, but of him as a friend, you didn't want to lose that close friend that, as everyone knows, changes when falls in love. You do love him, but as a friend, just like he loves you. I'm pretty sure he would have done the same if the situation was the other way around."

 

And Bomi's words, indeed left her thinking. But that wasn't all. Hayoung and Bomi made sure she was ready to enjoy the night, after all, she was single after two years and a lot of idols and actors were attending the party. According to the youngest it was the perfect timing for her to go back to the game and bring some curious looks to the, not seen in public, y and fierce Eunji. That was all it took for them to make Eunji transform her way of thinking, like they said, it's been a long time, and she was ready to go back to old habits.

 

   

Drop down on a desert ride
Just outside the 95
Never felt more, more alive
I got my chicas by my side

 

 

Once they entered the party, since almost all the invited personalities were already there, everyone's eyes turned to see the three girls. It wasn't surprising for anyone how good they looked but it was the perfect excuse for some guys to approach as friends, as hoobaes showing respect and also sunbaes requesting for more attention. Apink was a really popular girl group amongst idols. Maybe any girl group that wasn't a rookie and had already shown their abilities, personalities and shared time with almost everyone. But Eunji was ready to go back on stage, and not to sing Hopefully Sky, but to show who was the owner of the dance floor. That night, she was going to have fun no matter what.

 

"Siwon..." Hoya reached for her arm, moving her apart from her members.

"I'm fine. We'll talk about it." She didn't want him to ask anything there.

He could see she wasn't lying, which made him more curious but it wasn't the moment. "Seems like Eunji is ready to attack." He raise an eyebrow.

She could laugh and wink an eye at him, knowing he wouldn't confuse it with flirting, she took his hand and Bomi's. "Let's dance."

 

I didn't take long until the people who were also in the dancing area took notice of this people who were inviting to follow their steps, and maybe take one more step to have a chance and dance with them. And well, some didn't doubt to approach, as now Hoya was dancing with some girl that Eunji couldn't see her face properly but was also a good dancer. Out of nowhere, Hayoung, Lizzy and Minah joined this two girls and more eyes were on them now. Some wishing they could join, others wondering who should they go for and, well, it didn't take long for Hayoung to be snatched away before any other made a move on her. She had an official boyfriend after all. BEAST's maknae, Dongwoon, wasn't willing to leave her dancing on her own like that, if she did it, it would be with him.

The rest of the girls, they just laughed at the poor Hayoung but it didn't stop them in any way from heating up the dance floor, now some idols and actors were trying to approach them but it wasn't an easy task as Eunji was not willing to give up any of her girls tonight. In her mind, at least for a good while, they were only there to delight the audience with a desirable group of girls that had the same thoughts as her. Whenever a guy was dangerously close, they would swiftly pretend to dance just to move them away from the circle they formed. This very moment, was for Eunji to have fun with her friends.

 


And if we want it, we take it
If we need money, we make it
Nobody knows if we fake it
You like to watch while we shake it
I know we're making you thirsty
You want us all in the worst way
But you don't understand
I don't need a man

Me and my girls, me and my girls
Me and my, me and my, me and my, me and my girls
Me and my girls, me and my girls
No jodas, nosotras
Me and my girls
Me and my girls

 

 

Eunji was wearing white clothes, an innocent color that didn't really match the way she was dancing at the moment.For a few minutes she separated form her girls, not only the guys staring at them were thirsty, but Eunji didn't eat or drink anything during the two hours she's been there. At the bar, a drink was placed in front of her and she only looked confused at the bartender. He pointed at a guy three seats away from her. She couldn't see who was he but she just finished her drink and went back to the dance floor, she needed to dance away unnecessary thoughts. And as soon as she reached her place near the girls who were now dancing with some guys she felt a soft touch on her shoulder. Without wanting she expected to see him. But no, a (nice) surprising guy was now getting closer to her. She understood, due to the music, it would have been difficult to hear but she was still in shock, they never really talked more than the proper greetings. But she had to admit, he looked really hot that night.

 

"Can I have this dance, sunbaenim?" He asked way too close to her ear.

She could smell the alcohol, no wonder he was acting so freely, she was thinking that his leader probably would scold him for this and thinking it would be funny she nodded, smiling mischievously. "Drop that, we are not idols here, you can call me noona."

He copied her smile. "I didn't know noona could dance this well."

"You shouldn't rely on what you see on TV." They both were dancing at a proper distance but still had to get close to talk.

 

As they kept dancing the distance was closing between them and due to the lack of light it was harder, but she could still appreciate his well-toned body as the sweat and his white clothes made a great work in letting her enjoy it. That is why she loved white shirts. And he was enjoying as well, somehow they ended up in a corner and to protect her from bumping onto someone or the wall he would now and then bring her closer to him. But that wasn't the good thing. It was her dress. While dancing he could feel her soft skin thanks to the dress; it was backless. But well, she wasn't staying behind either, Eunji was holding tight to his white shirt, wishing he would have worn only that. The, also white, t-shirt under it was useless according to her. She was only thinking how good looking this guys was, she didn't understand how she never noticed and especially that night, he looked just perfect in white. More than once he went a bit far, probably effects of the alcohol, but Eunji knew just how to stop him but... maybe she should talk to Kai more often, she thought.

 


The night is dark but the moon is bright
We're staring at this summer night
Tan skin looks damn good in white
Stripping down by the Hollywood sign

And if we want it, we take it
If we need money, we make it
Nobody knows if we fake it
You like to watch while we shake it
I know we're making you thirsty
You want us all in the worst way
But you don't understand
I don't need a man

Me and my girls, me and my girls
Me and my, me and my, me and my, me and my girls
Me and my girls, me and my girls
No jodas, nosotras
Me and my girls
Me and my girls

 

 

And there someone noticed that the group of girls were again dancing on their own, but one was missing. After searching carefully through the crowd, he spotted her... and him. It took 5 seconds to react and walk towards them and grab the youngest by his shirt, still being cautious not to make a scandal. He saw the shocked face Eunji had and Sunggyu couldn't help but to smile at her and then look back at Kai who was completely confused. Sunggyu had forgotten that no one knew she was his ex girlfriend. He took a deep breath to calm and think carefully his words, having on his other grip, Eunji's hand.

 

"Can I steal her for a dance?" Sunggyu asked calmly, noticing that the guy had enough drinks not to care.

 

Kai just nodded but soon enough, Eunji stopped him from leaving and glared at Sunggyu. She went closer to Kai and said something that Sunggyu couldn't hear, he just nodded and gave a killer smile to Eunji before leaving the dance floor happily. Now she was back at the guy who messed up the night, according to her. She just shook off his hand, upset that he even dared to touch her. She told him to leave her alone for tonight, and if he really wanted to talk with her, to contact her in a week, no more, no less. Also, not to laid a hand or even a finger on her again before they talked, he could take care of her, but not have any type of contact, at least not in a week. With those words. she left a dumbfounded Sunggyu and made her way to her group of girl friends. Once again, started to dance like there was no tomorrow. Her friends smiled at her, even Lizzy was back. Tonight was just them.



I'm going home with who I came with
And who I came with's not you
I'm going home with who I came with
And who I came with's not you
I'm going home with who I came with
And who I came with's not you
I'm going home with who I came with
And who I came with's
Me and my girls, me and my girls
You can look, but don't touch
I'm not here to hook up
I'm just here to turn up
Tonight is just us

 

 

"Maybe... I am perfect for someone else. I was sick of that same old love. I'm just glad to have my girls by my side."

 

 


 

 

A/N: I'm going to update it later with the clothes I imagined Eunji and Kai wearing(?)