Chapter 2: Expression through Movement

Unpredictable Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat was running down his face. Kai's heartbeat was rapidly increasing as he was practicing with his team. He was nervous. He thought about the dance competition tonight

"Kai! Watch out!" He heard Luhan shout. He turned and then dodged the incoming socer ball last minute. "You've been spacing out more often. Is everything alright?" Their coach, Coach Lee, said. Kai shook his head and awkwardly chuckled. "It's nothing." He said and walked away.

Now Kai is an attractive young man. He's tall, soft brown locks complimented his sharp eyes. A structured jawline and luscious pink lips. He also had tanned skin that made him stand out in everything. He was also a dancer. His body easily moves to the beat and his movements tell a story.

"Are you really okay Kai?" Chanyeol asked while handing him a watter bottle. "Honestly...no." He said and gulped down the water. "I'm worried about the dance competition later." He said. "We'll do fine! It's just for fun right?" Yixing said. The rest of EXO surrounded him and agreed with Yixing.

All the members of EXO were like Anime characters brought to life. They were all handsome, had great skills, some looked more feminine than women but they rocked it.

"Okay. I should be worrying about this but the Academy Awards are later and if 'The Boundary' won't win an award, ah~ I'll go crazy." Minseok said. Minseok is a...let's just say die-hard fan for Actor Do Kyungsoo, along with, unexpectedly, Sehun who watches his works with his dog Vivi because, apparently, it calms Vivi down.

"We need to practice though." Foreign exchange student Yifan, or Kris, said. "We'll have one run through and then pick up our costumes then we'll go to the competition." Junmyeon said. They all agreed and bid Coach Lee goodbye.

They were going to join the dance cover category and then Kai will do a solo. Dancing to 'Monster' by trio BaekSooChen isn't the easiest thing. They have to be in sync and get their lipsyncing correct. 

They arrived at the venue later that night and they were contestant number 30 out of the 60 teams that partcipated. In their dressing room, some were practicing while others retouched their makeup. Minseok was staring at the TV with the channel on the Academy Awards. Sehun was watching over his shoulder with a photo of Vivi in his hands. They were both biting their fingernails and then started screaming when the category for Best Suppoting Actor came on.

"And the nominees are...

Do Kyungsoo for 'The Boundary'..." The presenter said and they held their breath.

"And the winner is..." The presenter said while opening the envelope.

"Congratulations, Do Kyungsoo for 'The Boundary'." She said and everyone stood up and applauded. Sehun and Minseok jumped up and started hugging each other while screaming. Chanyeol looked at the screen and started screaming when he saw Baekhyun hugging the actor. "WHY IS BAEKHYUN THERE!!!???" He said while covering his mouth with his hand.

"Wah~ Thank you so much to the Academy for seeing the potential I have that I never noticed. My parents for letting me follow my dreams and doing what I want. My friend, Baekhyun, who is with me tonight who has supported me in every decision I made. The director and my fellow actors for the movie. Everyone who has helped with the movie and I will show a different side in my career in the future." He stopped and switched languages. "Korea. This is for you. Thank you for supporting me and I am proud to be the first Korean to receive the Oscar." He said and the last sentence made the two fanboys lose their . They even laughed at the translation he did for the foreign actors there.

"I can now live in peace." Minseok said. "He was with Leonardo DiCaprio! How!? Just...How!!!???" They said.

"EXO. You're next. Please proceed backstage now." The backstage manager said and they followed his orders and went out. The previous team ended and walked backstage. Their opponents, D.I.A Troupe was smirking at them and they glared. They hated each other and would do anything to beat each other. EXO got into position and their fangirls screamed.

The music started and BaekSooChen fans started screaming...

 

  She got me going crazy
Why is my heart racing?
You’re beautiful, my goddess
But you’re closed up, yeah yeah
I’ll knock so will you let me in?
I’ll give you a hidden thrill

 

There’s curiosity in your eyes
You’ve already fallen for me
Don’t be afraid
Love is the way
Shawty I got it
You can call me monster

I’m creeping in your heart babe
I’ll flip you over, break you down and swallow you up
I’ll steal you and indulge in you
I’m gonna mess you up
I’m engraved in your heart
So even if I die, I’ll live forever
(Come here girl)
You call me monster
(You call me monster)
I’ll go into your heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter