Five

He's not Jealous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I told you!” Suho has said for the nth time to So Eun. The girl was already guilty but she wasn’t the only one who made this happen so she feels annoyed that Suho’s somehow blaming everything on her. The two argued all the way until they reached Suho’s floor. “Well, what are we supposed to do now then? They’re together! She said yes to him. What do you want me to do? Break them up right–” So Eun and Suho froze. Baekhyun is still at Suho’s doorstep. He’s still kneeling down too.

 

Slowly, the boy started to move. He got up; head hung low with his disheveled fringe covering his face.  He sniffled once then slowly looked up at them. So Eun gasped and Suho ran to his side right away. He was so pale. “Baekhyun, are you alright?” Suho asked in panic, holding onto him in case he collapses. Baekhyun still managed to crack a smile, although it’s a bitter one and nodded his head.

 

He slipped Suho’s hands off of him and dipped his head in an apologetic bow. “I’m sorry for being a bother,” he whispered, voice hoarse from crying all this time. He slowly started to walk away but So Eun stopped him. “Baekhyun, you don’t look very well. Come inside for a while.”

 

He shook his head then bowed again. This time though, he’s wobbling a little. He started to walk away again but he can see black spots everywhere and the hall looked like it was about to flip over. Still, he continued. After taking two more steps, he couldn’t take it anymore. “Baekhyun!” was the last thing he ever heard before he completely out.

 

 

Baekhyun shot up from the bed he’s in. The room wasn’t Hae Ryung’s or Kai’s and it definitely isn’t his which would most likely mean that he’s still probably at Suho’s. He quickly kicked off the covers and climbed down the bed. There’s a full length mirror by the door and Baekhyun noticed that he had a fresh set of clothes on. He walked out puzzled and a little annoyed.

 

Chanyeol and Jongdae were here. They’re gathered by the counter while Suho’s cooking what seems to be breakfast. Baekhyun didn’t even acknowledge them even if they’ve greeted him. He just walked straight to the couch where his clothes were. “You’re kind of an idiot, you know that?” Chanyeol suddenly said, wanting to get Baekhyun’s attention.

 

It worked because Baekhyun was now glaring at him. “Excuse me?” the boy replied in a menacing tone. The giant cleared his throat. “I mean, skipping dinner just to keep crying? Really, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol had the nerve to even chuckle at him. Baekhyun’s brow twitched in anger. He turned away from them and grabbed his clothes in a hurry. “That’s how much I love your friend.”

 

The three boys shut up completely. No sound came out of them, not even a breath. Guilt started to take over and they were now very uncomfortable. Before Baekhyun disappeared back into the room though, Suho yelled out an apology but Baekhyun just slammed the door at it.

 

Suho sighed while Jongdae hit the back of Chanyeol’s head. “I told you to get his attention, not make him mad!” he scolded the tall man. Chanyeol rubbed his head and pouted. “I meant it as a joke,” he mumbled. “Well it sure didn’t sound like one!” Jondgdae rolled his eyes. Suho felt too bad to even scold the two.

 

He just lazily served them their food and hoped that Baekhyun’s not too angry because he wanted to really talk to him, apologize and all. He sighed deeply as the other two continued to bicker, this time with mouths full of food.

 

Baekhyun got out after only a few minutes, the spare clothes bunched together in his hand. He threw it on the couch and walked straight to the door without even glancing at the guys. Suho quickly got out of the kitchen. “Wait! You should eat breakfast first. You don’t want to faint again, do you?” he said, grabbing Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

The boy paused for a while. He really does wants to leave as fast as he could but it’d be so embarrassing to faint again. His stomach has been growling all this time too. He’s hesitant though because he was never really ‘close’ to these people.

 

Chanyeol is someone he can tolerate but after what he just said to him, he hates his guts right now. The giant walked over to them anyway and just dragged Baekhyun to the counter. He forced the boy to sit on the stool beside him while Jongdae pushes him a plate of food. “Eat up,” Jongdae said, smiling. Baekhyun just stared at his food, arms crossed. Jongdae pouted at him but after receiving a threatening glare, he put his attention back on his food.

 

The three boys resume eating, glancing at Baekyun ever now and then because he’s still not touching his food. “Do I need to feed you or something? Eat, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol told him but all he received was a scowl. The giant sighed and dropped his gaze. “I’m sorry for what I said,” Chanyeol said softly, guiltily. “I’m also sorry for–”

 

Baekhyun suddenly shot up from his seat. He didn’t want to hear these stupid apologies. He asked for that chance. He was willing to do anything for them not to continue. Did they think it was easy for him to throw away his pride and beg? To actually drop to his knees? He’s not that kind of person but he still did it because he loves Hae Ryung so much and he couldn’t believe how stupid he was for jumping into such a conclusion. Now he was too late, way too late.

 

He was stomping to the door when Suho had stopped him again. Baekhyun was so infuriated that he twisted away from Suho’s grip easily. He pulled Suho toward him by the collar, his fist up in the air, ready to send a blow right across the guy’s face. “Baekhyun, don’t! We’ll help you. We promise!” Jongdae shouted out nervously. The boy clenched his fist tighter.

 

“What are you talking about?” he growled lowly. “We’ll help you with Hae Ryung!” Suho quickly replied, trying to free himself from Baekhyun’s hold. Baekhyun distractedly shoved Suho away. His brows pinch together in the middle. Are they that guilty? Does he look petty to them now? If this was any other situation, he would lose all his senses and beat them up but he decided to swallow his pride again. He wants Hae Ryun to be his, right? He needs the approval and help of her friends then.

 

He watched as Suho scrambled back to his friends. He looked a little terrified and the way they guardedly acted made him feel uneasy. It was as if they were with a wild animal right now, a monster. Baekhyun looked away, fists still balled. “Aren’t you on Sehun’s side?” he said softly, avoiding their gaze. The three boys relaxed and exchanged glances.

 

“We’re on Hae Ryung’s side. If she’s happy then we’re happy too,” Suho said in behalf of everyone. Baekhyun was silent for awhile before he chuckled bitterly. “How are you so sure if she’ll be happy with me? She doesn’t even see me the way I see her.” There’s pain in his voice and again, it made the boys look at each other. If only Baekhyun knew the truth, if only they had the right to tell him.

 

“Maybe if you show her a little more affection, she’ll know,” Jongdae bravely suggested though he’s flinching already, waiting for Baekhyun burst at him any moment. There was silence between them. Baekhyun’s brows scrunch together. Jongdae was bracing himself from Baekhyun’s wrath but really the boy was just thinking deeply. He already does that. If anything, Hae Ryung is probably the only person he shows affection to but maybe it is not enough.

 

He didn’t burst at the boy like he’d expected. Instead, he merely sighed and nodded at him. “I’ll be better,” Baekhyun muttered reluctantly, more to himself than the others but the three boys heard him and that made them grin. In a way, they felt proud that Baekhyun really is trying to prove how real he’s feelings are for Hae Ryung, that alone made them feel happy and no longer blameworthy.

 

 

Baekhyun went to Kai’s place. He’s supposed to be in school but he wasn’t ready to face Hae Ryung and Sehun. He wouldn’t know what to do then so he’d rather avoid them for now until his emotions subside (if that’s even possible). Kai’s not one to like going to school either so he’s happily skipping classes together with Baekhyun. Since Baekhyun is completely out of it today, he’s just letting the boy drag him wherever he wants him to.

 

He isn’t aware of things going on around him and is always stuck with his thoughts. He had no idea where they were right now or what they’re even going to do. Baekhyun finally looked up, his senses coming back once he noticed the huge ‘No trespassing’ sign on the gate that Kai just jumped over. A part of him said this wasn’t right but he’s done this so many times before, doing it again didn’t seem so bad.

 

Sighing, he climbed the gate and jumped to the other side. Unlike the other properties though, this place seemed to be occupied. “What are we doing here?” Baekhyun whispered as he examined the place. Kai gave him an odd look. “You haven’t been listening to me, have you?” Baekhyun just furrowed his eyesbrows, not having time to question further when scary looking men start to circle around them.

 

Baekhyun only raised an intimidating eyebrow at them while Kai chuckled. “I believe you have something to give to me,” the boy said to one of them. Baekhyun looked over his shoulder to see who Kai’s talking to. There’s a smug look on this guy’s face. He’s clad in leather and two of the biggest guys are on either

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter