Fourteen

He's not Jealous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun was minding his own business, whistling as he strolled along the courtyard to wait for his Nabi’s class to end. A grin creeped on his face as he looked at the bag of cookies he just bought, fresh from the school café that Hae Ryung was so addicted to.

 

It was a small gift but he knew that it would make her happy. And really, at this point, he was willing to spend all his money for stupid things as long as it would put a smile on his best friend’s–  girlfriend’s face. He bit his lip to keep another earsplitting smile at bay. He must look like an idiot smiling to himself like this but he couldn’t really help it.

 

It felt like he had waited for an eternity for this to happen. He could imagine his younger self shouting on top of the school building and jumping around, flopping like a fish at how happy he is right now. With the afternoon sun peeking through the leaves of a tree he found himself under, he let the warmth grace his face and in the fresh breeze.

 

As his eyes fluttered to a close, he could already picture out an entire future with Hae Ryung. From teary eyes on their wedding day to bawling in pain at her death bed. He sighed as his eyes opened again. Happiness, the happiness he felt was almost surreal. He had no idea he could be this happy. It was nearly impossible to break his positivity.

 

But then… Sehun stalked towards him with his eyes practically on fire. Baekhyun blinked at how fast Sehun got to him. He had barely even taken another blink when the livid man swung an impressive hook on his left cheek.

 

Searing pain started to spread on the left side of his face and the world threatened to topple over before his eyes. He dropped the bag of cookies as his hand flew up to his jaw. He moved it around, groaning at the pain and blinked his eyes to clear his slowly blurring vision.

 

This marks the second time that Sehun had punched him out ing nowhere and Baekhyun was not going to go easy on him anymore. Once he regained his balance, he launched himself towards the guy and grabbed a fist full of Sehun’s collar. “You are ing insane, Oh Sehun!” he growled out, taking his fist back and hitting the guy twice in a row.

 

Sehun felt dizzy almost immediately but he blinked the dizziness away and grabbed Baekhyun’s collar too. Fists started to fly everywhere. There were groans and hisses. They fell amongst the chaos and the two males wrestled to pin the other down.

 

The students around them had gone into panic. They rushed over to them and tried to break the two apart but with so many of them crowding around, they did a better job at creating more chaos rather than helping out. Blood, lots of it was starting to paint the green grass. There was a busted lip, a cut on the eyebrow and then came a painful crack, a broken nose.

 

Baekhyun winced, his fists relaxing and flying up to his nose. He could already smell the metallic scent of blood that was going to ooze out of his nose in no time. With the guy distracted, Sehun dragged him up. He stumbled at little as he did so but he was still strong enough to slam the shorter male right into a tree trunk.

 

Several hands grabbed hold of Sehun. They tried to pull him away from Baekhyun who was helplessly trying to keep his nose from bleeding. He was way too weak to fight back. His vision of the world was starting to fade into black and yet, Sehun’s livid blows to his face and his gut still kept coming. All he could really do was whimper.

 

“S-Stop,” he stuttered out almost inaudibly, his heavy eye lids threatening to close any second. Sehun seemed to gain super human strength with his rage. He threw people off of him so easily. When he saw that Baekhyun was swaying, barely even able to hold himself up, he carelessly let him go. The male fell limp on the ground, making it easy for Sehun to cover him in hits again.

 

A crazed scream burst through his mouth with every hit, hits that were getting more powerful with each blow. Baekhyun’s blood flowed even more and it was starting to coat his fist and splatter on his face. Still, he didn’t stop.

 

“Oh Sehun! Oh Sehun!” familiar voices started to yell. They pushed their way through the crowd and grabbed a hold of Sehun at once. They struggled to pull him away too but this time, Sehun seemed to be much less stronger than he was moments ago.

 

The rage from earlier had subsided and he seemed to have woken from a strange spell, stumbling off of Baekhyun with his eyes wide in utter shock, like he had no intention to do what he just did. Kai couldn’t contain the anger he felt seeing Baekhyun completely passed out and bloodied. His breathing started to become heavy, his nose flaring in hostility.

 

Chanyeol and Suho had knelt down, carefully and worriedly trying to carry Baekhyun’s fragile body. Jongdae was frantically talking into the phone for an ambulance. He could barely even make his words leave his mouth properly with his panic rattling his voice. Kai was feeling his own rage build inside of him.

 

His eyes went back and forth between Baekhyun’s beat up figure and Sehun’s struck one, still unable to move from the spot he had stumbled to. He couldn’t control himself. He too had given in to anger and started to attack Sehun to avenge his best friend.

 

Jongdae had just hung up from such a messy phone call but he was a bundle of nerves again when he saw Kai strangling Sehun. “Yah! ing stop! What are you doing?!” he yelled, accidentally dropping his phone and grabbing hold of Kai’s shoulders.

 

Inside the building, where a lot more people seemed to know of the rumble out in the courtyard, Hae Ryung’s ragged breathing is all she could hear as she tried to run even faster. Tears were starting to burn in her eyes and being choked up by it didn’t help her breathing at all.

 

Still, even if her feet are aching and her lungs are squeezing, she pushed herself to get to Baekhyun as fast as she could. So Eun was hot on her heels, being the one to barge into her class when the boys told her that Baekhyun and Sehun were at the courtyard beating each other up.

 

Her breathing, she tried to focus on it because it was wearing thin. The thought of Baekhyun getting hurt was already dizzying enough but now that she could barely even breathe, things were getting worse. She desperately in a breath but it stayed stuck in until she felt her knees give away. She just fell and there was barely even a blur before she completely out.

 

~Nam nam nam nam nam

Nam nam nam nam nam nam nam~

 

Hae Ryung took a sharp inhale and shot up from her bed. She gripped onto her aching chest, breathing raggedly with her eyes darting around her bedroom. Panicked, Baekhyun shot up too. His sleepiness was non-existent the moment he saw the worry on her face and the thin sheen of sweat over her forehead.

 

“Nabi, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” His voice, the sound of his voice calmed her almost immediately. It urged her to even out her breathing as she slowly turned to look at her boyfriend. His face was etched in the same worry that she probably wore on her face, his warm hands rubbing her arms in comfort.

 

“It was a dream…” she mumbled in relief as she slowly and tiredly sank back onto the softness of the mattress. Baekhyun furrowed his brows at her, following suit and lying back down as well. He his side to face her. He watched her breathe steadily and her brows twitch a little. “Bad dream?” She nodded at him, unconsciously pouting when she remembered the pain Baekhyun was under in her dream.

 

It felt all too real and it scared the crap out of her. He was bleeding so much. She thought he would’ve… “No…” she cried a little, reaching over to him quickly and pressing her face into his chest. She heard Baekhyun cluck his tongue at her, his arms wrapping around her in a tight embrace. The clucking quickly turned to shushing when her tears just multiplied out of nowhere and began to overwhelm her.

 

Hot tears were rolling down her cheeks now, soaking his shirt. He squeezed her arms lightly, then she felt his lips pressing on top of her head. “It’s alright, Nabi. I’m right here. Don’t cry, please.” She could feel the concern oozing out of his tone and the pout that could be forming in his lips now.

 

She sniffled a few times as an attempt to stop the tears but they still spilled anyway so she let them for a while. She focused on Baekhyun’s steady heartbeat, the comfort of his touch and the security of his arms. She lightly sobbed, focusing on those three things more and more to find it in her to just stop.

 

He was whining a little now, half begging her to stop and half complaining. No matter how annoying he sounded, it did somehow bring a smile to her face and a stop to her tears. Slowly, with the last of her tears drying on her skin, she lifted her face from his chest. He was, as she guessed, pouting like a kicked puppy.

 

She couldn’t help but chuckle out breathily. Her hands reached up to cup his face and her thumbs smoothed over his cheeks. Baekhyun’s little pout faded just a tiny bit. His lips were parted now, inviting and moist. He blinked at her slowly with his arms around her tightening just a little bit more. Giving into his pull, Hae Ryung gently captured his lips.

 

They felt so soft and delicate against hers. It was warm and sweet, a taste she’d know she’ll get addicted to if not already. As she moved her lips against his, her tongue darted out to his bottom lip. Immediately, he opened his mouth for her and his tongue met hers.

 

Hae Ryung couldn’t help the satisfied moan and miniscule sigh that came blending into their kiss. She felt like a puddle of goo in his arms by the time he broke the kiss. “Nabi, don’t do that!” he scolded lightly. Her eyes that automatically closed when their lips touched slowly opened and roamed over his face. She blinked curiously. “Don’t do what?” she asked a little breathlessly.

 

His warm hands on her upper back slid down in a more sensual way than she had expected and she gasped, looking at him wide eyed now. She saw the smallest of smirks on his lips just before he moved to whisper in her ear. “You can’t just moan into my mouth like that and expect me to behave myself.”

 

His morning voice was already enough to af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter