Seventeen

He's not Jealous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was exactly four days after my encounter with Sehun at the school courtyard when I finally decided that I was ready to forgive him. The day after I met up with Baekhyun’s family, So Eun had been slowly coming back to us. She too had apologized. She explained her side and to some extent, we understood why she did what she did. 

 

It was this one time, when I saw Sehun lingering behind, gaze remorseful as he watched us all gather around, that I began to soften up. There was that pain, that anger still lurking in my chest but when I saw his face, the sad look in his eyes and the way he so quickly walked away when our eyes met, it made me feel like a horrible person. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, it’s not like me to not forgive and hold a grudge on anyone.

 

So one day, I sneaked away from my friends and Baekhyun so I can have a talk with Sehun. I was leaning against a locker near his, fidgeting and gripping on the straps of my bag a little too tightly, suddenly nervous about talking to him. I waited, my head lifting up quickly whenever I see someone coming near but I end up lowering it again when I find out that it isn’t Sehun. It took a while but the wait was eventually over. 

 

“H-Hae Ryung?” I heard someone call and immediately, I pushed myself off the locker I’m leaning against and looked up at Sehun. The shock on his face is evident even if he tried to appear casual. His eyes were shaking and I’m pretty sure mine were too. It was just so awkward. I felt as though there’s an invisible wall between us and even if he’s only a meter away from me, he feels miles away.

 

There’s a thick blanket of silence that fell upon us, neither of us not having the guts to really look the other in the eye for any longer. My mouth has opened so many times but they always close back up, unable to formulate the right words to say to him. Taking a deep breath, I tried one more time, finally looking at him, really look at him. 

 

He returned my gaze too this time and I didn’t let it unnerve me. “Sehun,” I finally managed to say. His eyes grew a tad bit wide and his lips parted. “Y-Yes?” he murmured back, his movements not only nervous but cautious too. I swallowed the lump of awkwardness in my throat then. 

 

“I know… we’ve had a problem between us. You did something that hurt me, that made me very mad at you and I let that anger sink into my heart. It made me curse you, made me want to never see you or talk to you ever again. I hated you for what you did, Sehun. I really did…” His eyes lowered but before that, I saw the flicker of sadness in them, the regret and guilt. 

 

“But I don’t want to anymore,” I continued in a hushed tone. Sehun looked up at me then, his eyes were wide with shock but I can see all the negative emotions from before morph into gratefulness and awe. He blinked and slowly, his lips started to curl into a small smile. I smiled back as genuinely as I could manage.

 

That day was the beginning of it all. From that day on, I was slowly rebuilding my friendship with Sehunm but I had to admit, it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Thankfully, So Eun was there. I was amused at their closeness at first. They kind of reminded me of Baekhyun and I. They were best friends, clingy and caring, close to couple but not at all either. 

 

I honestly feel left out between the two of them sometimes but it was okay. I didn’t mind and at least I was slowly starting to be comfortable with Sehun again, finding some bravery to here and there or exchange looks with him whenever I catch him staring at So Eun for too long. 

 

Normally though, when I hang out with Sehun, it’s really just us three. I’m just a little bit apprehensive of what the guys might do to him, most specially my boyfriend who hates him with a burning passion of about a thousand suns. So Eun, and even Sehun himself sometimes, kept telling me not to think like this but I’m firm on my decision. I’ll let the boys and Baekhyun know eventually, just not now. 

 

 

Baekhyun hummed happily to himself with a small skip in his step, swinging a box of brownies as he walked back to Hae Ryung’s apartment that is really almost his too. It’s just that, ever since they got together, he never wants to leave her anymore so he sleeps over a lot.

 

It was like they live together now since he’s always there, only going to his own apartment if he needs more change of clothes or have left some belongings. He has a pile of clothes in her closet now and his toiletries in her bathroom. Heck, he even has laundry mixed with hers. He grinned to himself just thinking about it. 

 

He just loved it, being with her 24/7 almost, sleeping with her in his arms, waking up seeing her beautiful face first thing in the morning, going to school together and going back home together. He loved it so much.  Baekhyun bit onto to his lip, suddenly feeling shy and quite warm in the face when he thought about the early love making session that happened this morning when his phone suddenly rang.

 

He halted almost immediately, thinking it was his Nabi calling. He had a gentle smile on his lips as he fished it out of his pocket but it soon flattened when he saw Kai’s contact name instead of his Nabi’s. Scowling a little, he carelessly swiped the green button and grumbled out a, “What do you want?” 

 

He started to walk again when Kai suddenly blurted out an address. Baekhyun’s brows furrowed in confusion. “What?!” Kai seemed like he was moving a lot on the other end of the phone. He was breathing heavily and Baekhyun could hear the noise of cars and inaudible shouts. He grew a tad bit worried. “Kai?! What the is going on?”

 

“Just hurry the up and get your over here! I bumped into piggy and his ing gang. I need back up. Hurry!” By this time, Baekhyun himself was beginning to run too. He was slightly regretting not bring his car with him. “God dammit, Kai. Why me?! What about the others?” Kai groaned. “Because you’re on speed dial and you’re my ing best friend! Now–”

 

The called ended right then and there, making Baekhyun’s eyes grow wide. “!” he muttered, running even faster now. 

 

 

Sehun was just on his way home from studying at the library with So Eun. He opted to take the shortcut to his house, since he was tired and wanted to get home faster but just like the last time he took it, he saw people fighting there again. His heart started to race at every careful step he took. The last time was when he saw Baekhyun and Kai at this small street, surely this can’t be–

 

His squinted eyes widened the moment he got a good look at the group of fighting men, he could recognize the guy fighting with a box of desserts in one hand anywhere. “These brownies are for my ing girlfriend! You’re ruining them!!!” Baekhyun shouted, tossing the box up, kicking the enemy in the throat then catching the box again. 

 

“Damn it!” Sehun muttered on under his breath. He already had his phone out, calling the police to report a fight going on. The police station isn’t that far from there but the two were losing because Baekhyun just wouldn’t let go of his brownies. Groaning, he charged for the group right after hanging up to help the two idiots out.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter