Chapter 5

Trapped

 

“To reach the end, you must first go to where it all began? What does that mean?” I say as I pick up my phone to look at the four guys in there.

“That sounds so familiar,” said Dongwoo.

“Yeah, it does. Didn’t that witch mention a hint in the phone? Maybe that’s the hint!!” exclaimed Sungyeol.

“Well it’s not much of a hint since I don’t know what it means.” I yawned. I looked at the time and realized it was almost 2:30am.

“Hm, I’ll try to figure it out tomorrow, er, today. After I wake up from my sleep.” I say as I rub my eyes.

“Goodnight,” they said in unison.

I closed my phone and went to go put up my empty popcorn bowl and then proceeded to bed.

It was about 9:45am when I heard my phone ring again. It was probably those guys again and when I opened it I saw that I was right and it was a text.

“Good morning!” it read.

As I was going to reply to the message Hoya popped up on the screen flashing his canine smile.

I sat up in my bed and fixed my hair, “good morning,” I greeted him.

“Where are the other 3?”

“They’re sleeping.”

“You guys can sleep in there? Is it roomy?”

“Eh, it’s okay. Not too crowded but if two to three more people were to be added in here it would be a little too crowded.”

“What’s it like in there? Do you have beds? Do you guys even eat?”

Hoya looked around the phone, “it’s kind of like a big, empty, white, space full of nothing. If you look carefully, you can find doors. Those doors lead to beds. The beds are in the applications installed in the phones. There is one bed in each application. As far as eating concerns, we don’t really eat. For some reason ever since I got in this phone I don’t feel hungry anymore.”

“Fascinating.” I say as I imagine what it would look like.

“So, have you gotten anywhere with that hint yet?” Hoya asks.

“Um, no, I’ll do that after I shower and eat.”

“Oh, okay, have fun with that. I’ll be here~” I hear Hoya say as I close the phone.

After 10 minutes of showering and 3 minutes of making my food, I sit down and start to eat as I try to figure out the hint.

I open my phone in hopes of seeing one of the guys in there to help me with it, and I see all four.

“Oh hi Soeun-sshi!” says Woohyun as soon as I open the phone.

“Hi, so um after some thinking, maybe an exorcists can get you guys out of my phone.”

“An exorcists? Don’t they get rid of demons? We’re not demons!” exclaimed Sungyeol.

“Okay, calm down,” I say as put my arms up, “geesh, it’s the only thing I can think of in order to get you guys out.”

“Well think harder! We’re not demons! We’re as human as you are!” he yells then he turns to the other three and says “hyung! I told you-“

“Sungyeol, calm do-“ said Hoya.

“What did you tell them huh? Just be lucky that I’m even helping you!” I say.

“Yeah Sungyeol, just calm down. She’s our only way out,” says Dongwoo as he nudges him to be quiet.

“We’re very sorry for him, he’s kind of…childish,” apologizes Woohyun.

“Pfft, kind of?” I scoff as I look through the newspaper in front of me.

“YAH!” I hear Sungyeol scream.

I close the phone so I don’t have to hear him, I can see why the witch put him in there.

As I was scanning the newspaper I saw an ad for an exorcist shop called “Will-o'-the-wisp.”

I write down the address and clean up the dishes and open my phone.

“Okay, I found a nearby exorcist shop. Hopefully he can get you guys out of my phone.” I report to them. I grab my bag and put on my shoes.

“Soeun-sshi?”

“Yeah?” I say as I put on my shoes.

“I’m sorry. “ I hear Sungyeol mumble.

“What?” I say.

“Im sorry. “

“What? I can’t hear you?”

“I’m SORRY, OKAY?” he yells and then disappears.

“Whatever,” I say as I close my phone and head out.