Catch me.

You Were Only A Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember the day like it was yesterday. The day that he told me that everything was perfect in the world with me in it. I wondered why he needed me so much speaking that he had a successful career as a rapper and a producer. And as for me, an aspiring songwriter and singer, only in my dreams hoping to get close enough to just learn from him. I felt his burden, having to train me to write inspiring songs that would steal the words right out of a fan's mouth upon listening to it. He didn't have to, he had the choice to say no but, instead he waved me into his studio and began to teach me everything that he knew. His criticism was harsh like a blade, slashing my ideas left and right and cutting at the only confidence I had left to write. 

Nothing impressed him. If anything, it seemed as if the longer he stayed and attempted to teach me, the more my own stupidity started to latch onto him. Staying at the office until one in the morning, his voice raising as he had to correct me over and over again. Something snapped inside of me and I unexpectedly began to cry. Shock spread across his face, never seeing me so frustrated while working with him.

The pencil dropped from my hand as tears poured out of my tired eyes, dripping onto the paper in front of me. "I can't... I give up... This is pointless. I'm not going anywhere and I'm only frustrating you..."

Breaking me free of my despair, he grabbed my wrists and pried my hands away from my face. "You caused the song to be bad and you're going to take the emo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter