Ms. Whee In

Try

Minhyuk spotted the girls of Mamamoo from a far at ISAC 2016. He noticed that their leader was absent. He was concerned at first however he concluded that maybe she had another schedule to attend. 

He approached the girls and caught up with them. He remembers to congratulate them for their achievements this year. Although he has already done so via text message, he thought it would be a nice gesture to congratulate them again. 

"Kamsahamnida" the girls thank him bowing down. 

"Good luck for the games today!" Minhyuk said again. "Mamamoo fighting"

"We lost archery already but we only have the 60m race left." Whee In informed him. 

"Ah I see. Who will be running? Byulssi?" He asked facing Moonbyul as he raised his eyebrows. Moonbyul gave him a gentle smile and shook her head ever so slightly before pointing her thumb towards Hwasa. 

"Unnie's traumatised by what happened the last time she ran." Whee In said, making fun of Moonbyul by bringing up her dark past in ISAC; She fell flat on her face as she was sprinting the 60m preliminaries.

"I would be too if I were her." Minhyuk replied cheekily. 

"Hey! Stop making fun of me." Moonbyul voiced out as she playfully hit Minhyuk's arm. 

Minhyuk hated to say it but he was relieved Solar wasn't present. He was so sure that she was the only one who would notice that his cheeks heated up a bit m when Moonbyul made physical contact with him.

"Excuse me, Minhyukssi," Hwasa called. "Would you mind giving me some tips for the run?"

"Nae! Of course!" He replied. 

Minhyuk went on to demonstrate the posture and techniques of sprinting to Hwasa. He gave Hwasa all the advice he could think of to help her run. As he explained, his eyes were filled with excitement and passion. Anyone could tell that he loved sports. After he explained, only then did he notice the other two girl group members again since he wasn't facing them. Although it lasted for a second or so, he loved the look on Moonbyul's face as she watched him helping her teammate out. It was a look of admiration, proudness and thankfulness. He would do just about anything at that point of time to have her look at him like that again. 

The group of idols talked amongst themselves for a little while longer before Minhyuk excused himself to return to where his groupmates were.

After Hwasa's event ended, Mamamoo still stuck around to enjoy and have fun at ISAC 2016. After a while of goofing around with fans, Whee In felt a bit hungry and set off for the canteen. As she was scanning the various sandwiches on display, a familiar voice greeted her. 

"Jung Whee In ssi!" Minhyuk greeted appearing out of nowhere next to Whee In. 

"Lee Minhyuk ssi!" Whee In replied with the same intonation her fellow idol used to address her. 

Minhyuk then asked her how Hwasa's event went. Although Hwasa didn't win, she was very happy that she has achieved a new personal best. Whee In kindly thanked Minhyuk on behalf of her groupmates for the help. 

"It was very sweet of you to help us." 

"What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you out?"

Just then a few other female idols appeared and greeted the two of them. 

"Good luck for your high jump event later, Minhyuk oppa! We're all rooting for you. Fighting!" One of them said. Minhyuk smiled and bowed politely at them. 

"Nae. Kamsahamnida! I will work hard." 

They walked off with dreamy looks on their faces. Whee In watched as they head off then turned to face Minhyuk with a smirk. Minhyuk glanced back at Whee In and saw the look she was giving him. 

"Why?" He asked Whee In. The half maknae line of Mamamoo just shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of the juice she bought before Minhyuk appeared. 

"Ani, it just looks like someone has a few admires." Whee In stated wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Haha! Aniya." Minhyuk denied, "They're just being polite." Whee In laughed and gave him the 'sure they are' look. 

"I'm not interested in the attention I get from other girls actually." Minhyuk confessed as he grabbed one of the sandwiches from the display. 

"Ah? Are you not into the whole dating thing or have you got your eye on someone?" Whee In asked as she picked out 3 sandwiches. One for her and the other 2 for Moonbyul and Hwasa. She suddenly realised what she had said and backtracked. "Mianhe. I didn't mean to be so nosey."

"Kwenchana." Minhyuk helped Whee In carry her sandwiches to the counter and paid for them. Whee In's eyes grew bigger than saucepans and told him he didn't have to do such things. Minhyuk assured her that it wasn't that big of a deal. 

"To answer your question, I might have someone in mind. But I'm not too sure if it's going to go anywhere." Minhyuk confessed to Whee In as they were talking out of the canteen. Whee In gave him a curious look which led him to elaborate. "I'm not sure how to go about my feelings. I'm new to this.. this feeling. And I don't have much experiences with girls. What do you girls look for in a guy?"

Whee In was taken aback by the question Minhyuk had asked. 

"Hmm.." Whee In thought hard. "Girls preferences varies from each one of us. So I don't think I could tell you exactly what we want."

"Ah really?" Minhyuk nodded a bit disappointed that he didn't receive some help from the spunky idol. 

"But I remember something Byulie unnie once said. It seems that the four of us agree on this. Maybe other girls would too." Whee In started. "Unnie said that- putting aside all the gifts, status, lifestyle, gentlemenly things a guy could do for a girl- at the end of the day, what's important is that you're comfortable with each other. Like, you could talk about various things happening in your life, all the ups and downs- you know, you can share that with each other and you can carry a conversation together about what you like and what she likes and everything. In the end, I agree with her, I want a guy who respects me for who I am, likes me for the me inside and out and I guess a guy who cares for me sincerely. Also I want him to comfortable to be himself. He doesn't have to be someone he's not."

"Byulssi said that?" Minhyuk asked after absorbing all Whee In said. Whee In chuckled.

"Yeah! I know!" Whee In laughed. "But unnie's wise like that."

"So that's her type? A normal guy?" Minhyuk confirmed. "He doesn't have to you know make the first move or anything?"

Whee In scrunched up her face at the direction the conversation was turning. "I don't think Byul unnie is too tranditional in a sense where she must absolutely wait for the guy to make the first move. I think she's not afraid of breaking tradition and taking chances." 

Whee In watched as the man next to her fell into deep thought after her explanation. She stopped walking and faced Minhyuk who did just the same. 

"Minhyukssi, I don't think you should worry so much. I'm sure the girl you like would be honoured to have you fancy her. For all you know she might even agree with Byul unnie the way I do. In that case, you wouldn't have anything to worry about." Whee In assured. 

"Right. You're right.." Minhyuk stated. "I'm sure she'll agree with you girls."

"Then she's exactly like Byul unnie." At Minhyuk's red face and slight smile as he reached to rub the back of his neck, Whee In put two and two together. "Unless she IS Byul unnie?" 

Whee In's jaw dropped a bit as Minhyuk remained silent, confirming her hypothesis. Before she could ask anything-

"Whee In ahhh!"

"Cinggu what took you so long?" 

Came the voices of the two groupmates who were sitting at the exact same spot she left them behind Minhyuk. Minhyuk's eyes grew wide as he turned to see Moonbyul and Hwasa waving at them. He turned back to Whee In who smiled reassuringly at him as if to say what he told her previously will remain between them. He smiled back thankfully. Whee In then excused herself before returning to her friends. 

"In that case, you definitely have nothing to worry about." Whee In smirked. She started walking off before yelling over her shoulder, "All the best for your upcoming events, Minhyukssi!"

Minhyuk smiled and thanked God to have had the chance to speak to Whee In. At least now he knew a bit of what Moonbyul looked for in a guy. Maybe she's right, he should just be himself.