Ms. Yong Sun

Try

Solar walked through the doors of KBS' backstage dressing room. She felt a bit out of place without her members around. She loved taking solo schedules as it made her grow as a performer. However, she wished her members were with her currently. 

 

After she got her make up done and changed into her performance outfit, she stepped back into the makeup section and sat infront one of the mirrors/dressing table. She took out her phone and scrolled through it as she hummed the song she would be performing solo tonight. A sound of a man clearing his throat made her jump and spin around to see who was the culprit. 

 

"Anneyong Solarssi."

 

"Minhyukssi!" She exclaimed as she stood to greet her sunbaenim. Minhyuk smiled in returned and gesture to the chair next to Solar. 

 

"May I?" He asked. 

 

"Nae nae, please do!" 

 

Solar watched as Minhyuk got in the seat and ran his hand through his hair. She gave him a soft smile as her turned towards her. They then started talking about work, weather and random topics. After a while of laughing and talking, Minhyuk started to be aware of where they were and how many people were there. He asked her if it was alright for her to be seen with a male companion. 

 

"Kwenchana kwenchana." Solar assured. "Don't think anything of it. Everyone knows our groups are close. I highly doubt misunderstandings will come about due to us sitting together in a dressing room."

 

"Ah really?" Minhyuk replied while nodding his head in understanding. "That's good."

 

"Really." Solar assured once more before she added, "You should be concerned around Byul though."

 

The sound of Moonbyul's name caught Minhyuk's attention. His wondering pupils were now on Solar who was casually drinking water that was provided on the dressing table. Solar's eye windened by a fraction. She had thought it was self explanatory. 

 

"Ani, don't misunderstand me." Solar started, "I'm just saying that usually any news of our groups' interactions would be mostly of you and Byul." 

 

"Ah yes! It ranges between us being siblings seperated at birth to a couple who has been low key dating for a year." Minhyuk said chuckling slightly. 

 

"Exactlyyy!" Solar agreed. 

 

"Actually, speaking of Byulssi, she texted me to ask me if I would keep an eye on your from time to time as you're here on your own." Minhyuk informed Solar who in return, sent him an expression full of admiration.

 

"That girl is such an angel." Solar said softly. She took a mental note to remember to thank her groupmate later.

 

"Do you contact Byul a lot?" Solar asked Minhyuk who was now playing with his sleeve cuffling. 

 

"I guess so. I talk to her whenever I can." Minhyum stated honestly. "Why?" 

 

"You just speak about her a lot.. that's all." Solar said softly to Minhyuk. He looked back at the girl group leader and cleared his throat nervously. 

 

"Does she talk about me?" He asked nervously.

 

"She does at times. " Solar said whilst nodding her head and carefully observing the man before her who was nodded and absorbing all the information he received. He had a nervous look on his face as he turned to face her again.

 

"Do you.." Minhyuk started then cleared his throat again. Now instead of looking Solar in the eye, he found that his shoes were somehow very interesting. "Do you happen to know what she thinks of me?"

 

Solar was caught of guard by the question he asked. Where was this going? Did he like Byul as more than a friend? How DID Moonbyul think of him?

 

"Minhyukssi, forgive me for being too forward." Solar started quietly. "But, do you have feelings for Byul?"

 

Solar didn't need a reply. The way Minhyuk turned away from her and how his ears turned bright red gave her her answer. Solar recovered from her mild shock and reached over to him. 

 

"Minhyuk..?" Solar called softly. 

 

"Is it bad if I do?" He asked softly. Solar looked at him understandingly. "I've tried to hide it and I've tried telling her too. But I don't know if I should. She might just see me in a brotherly way. I don't want to make things awkward between us." 

 

"Byul's not the type to allow you to feel awkward. She loves honesty. If you like her, you should tell her how you feel. I'm sure she'll feel grateful and flattered by the gesture. If she doesn't feel the same, she'll be honest about it and tell you. That way you can make proper adjustments and move on from her and things will get back to normal. You don't need to worry about losing her as a friend. She'll never let anything ruin your friendship. But who knows, she might feel the same way you do?"

 

Minhyuk looked at Solar amusedly. "You don't have much experience with this sort of thing, do you?" 

 

"Ani, mianhe" Solar and Minhyuk burst out laughing. "I was trying to sound wise. But I have no experiences."

 

They carried on talking about Byul a little bit longer before Solar was called to standby. She bid farewell to Minhyuk and assured him there was nothing to be worried about with regards to his feelings for Moonbyul.