Ms. Byul Yi

Try

A few days later, Mamamoo and BTOB attended yet another schedule together. It was a house warming party held in the afternoon, only close friends and family were invited. GFriend, BTOB and Mamamoo were invited due to their producers being good friends with the owner of the house.

Minhyuk had told the Mamamoo girls that he decided to speak to Moonbyul at the party. He asked that they made sure she attended instead of skipping out. She was busy preparing for her comeback that skipping celebrations to work was something Moonbyul would do.

Minhyuk saw Hwasa from across the room and smiled politely at her. She waved back in respond and assured him that Moonbyul was somewhere around. She shot two thumbs up to and pumped both her fists in a 'hwaiting!' manner. 

After a while of wondering around the pemisis, Minhyuk finally saw Moonbyul sitting outside on the balcony with Solar. They looked as though they were discussing something important so he hessitated to interupt them. Though before he could react, Solar noticed him and excuse herself to the buffet table, subtly giving him the thumbs up. Minhyuk took a deep breath in and let it out. Now's his chance. 

"Anneyong Byulssi" he greeted the blonde sitting by the balcony overlooking a gorgeous lake. No wonder she and Solar had been so happy sitting there. "May I join you?"

Moonbyul stood up upon seeing him and smiled softly. She then turned her head towards the buffet table where Solar had just gone only to find that her leader wasn't there. She turned back to Minhyuk. 

"YongSunssi seemed to have disappeared. I suppose there's no harm for you to take her seat." She gestured to the chair opposite her. "Please." She took her seat as Minhyuk took his. 

They started talking about the party, the weather and upcoming schedules. After it seemed like they have reached a comfortable state of conversation, Minhyuk cleared his throat and carefully picked his words. 

"I have been wanting to ask you something." Minhyuk started nervously, eyes alternating between Moonbyul's gorgeous eyes and the balcony's glass railing. "But I'm not sure if you want this question to be asked."

"I'm not sure I follow." Moonbyul chuckled. "Just tell me, it's alright."

Minhyuk again took a deep breath in and let it out. He looked directly into Moonbyul's eyes and said "We're quite close. I mean, we.. we talk from time to time. And I really like having you as a friend. However.."

Moonbyul nodded her head and encouraged him to continue, not wanting to spoil his train of thought. 

"I was wondering.. If you would let me get to know you more?" Minhyuk held his breath waiting for her answer. Moonbyul's eyebrows scrunched together as she analysed what he had just said. She eyed her senior idol and friend who was currently looking at her nervously and it hit her. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Minhyukssi-" she started hessitating a bit. Minhyuk divert his eyes from her and looked at the lake before them. "Are you saying you would like to date me?"

Minhyuk looked back at her and met her face that held sincere curiosity, encouragement and .. hope? "Nae. I would like that very much."

"Oh" by this time, Moonbyul was blushing and looking at the ground as well. Minhyuk found it completely adorable. 

"But we don't really have to date date straight away, I mean, we could just get to know each other better- maybe I could text you after your rehearsals or give you a call when I have a free day or when you do or something.." He then realised he was assuming she'll say yes to which he backtracked and said quickly, "Unless you have no interest in dating me. That way we can just go back to being friends and all. You know, being silly and all and just how we are today and well you know maybe we could pretend this never happened. Not that I regret telling you my feelings but if it'll be easier for you then we could pos-" 

Minhyuk's ranting came to a hault and he swears he almost got a heart attack. Moonbyul placed her hand on top of his to get his attention before chuckling slightly. 

"You're rambling." She said before pulling her hand away. She turned shy and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear while blushing madly. "So.."

"So.." Minhyuk echoed smiling shyly towards her. 

"You want to text me after practice and call me on my days off?" Moonbyul quoted him. Minhyuk looked her straight in the eyes and said. 

"Yes." He said simply and honestly. His strong gaze made Moonbyul look away as her cheeks turned scarlet. 

In Minhyuk's perspective, he swears there was a three day pause after that as he awaits Moonbyul's reply. He heard his heart beat strongly and rapidly in his chest and he wondered if the beautiful girl infront of him heard it as well. He was brought out of his thoughts when Moonbyul spoke up.

"I would really like that." She said quietly, her fingers playing with her bracelet around her left wrist.

"Really?" Minhyuk said in shock. Moonbyul looked up at him and smiled. "Really." 

After his confession and their 'agreement', Minhyuk and Moonbyul parted to join their respective groups, promising to contact each other soon. Just before Moonbyul reached her groupmates, her phone rang. 'Minhyuk BTOB' it read. She answered it curiously..

"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look today." He said smoothly and made her heart melt. She felt eyes on her and turned around. She saw him there by the door way about 10 steps away smiling at her. She waved and thanked him before hanging up and joining her group. 

BTOB left the party an hour or so later. Minhyuk was a bit disappointed that he didn't get a chance to bid farewell to his.. friend? He was also confused at where they stood with each other. Did Moonbyul understand what he meant? Did she misunderstand him? What if she did?

He was pulled out of his internal panic when his phone vibrated in his jeans. He received a message from none other than the woman who was causing the panic in him. 

Minhyukssi, 

I'm sorry for not seeing you off. I'll make it up to you one day. Til then, take care, train well and be healthy. 

P/s: I'm looking forward to your calls. ♡~

-MB

Minhyuk's heart fluttered and he blushed at the text message he receive from his.. his potential girlfriend? He was glad he decided to a chance and follow his heart for once. He was super thankful for his helpers too. They were right, all he needed to do was to try.