002

Bitter Step

Seohyun's POV

Wheww, hopefully I can get this done soon! I'm right now, cleaning up the Young Master's Bedroom but the problem is that he lives like a pig. His clothes are everywhere, the bed sheets are on the floor and so on. I've finished folding and washing his clothes, now I just need to fold the bedsheet and flatten out the bed then I'm done! Go Seohyun you can do this! Right after, I've finished cleaning up the Young Master's Bedroom, someone suddenly burst into the room. 

"Seohyun! Have you seen the Young Master!" The Head Maid asked me while huffing and puffing. I guess he have ran away or hide somewhere but actually I haven't seen him since the morning and it's already evening now. I wonder where he is. 

"No, Miss." I replied back. She rushed out of the room again, after hearing my response. I guess I will be heading home now. I closed the door carefully and left to the maid's house. Well, it's more like a rest stop for me. I only sleep in the Maid's house when I am on the verge of knocking out from work. Unlocking the door with my keys, I saw Eri. Eri is one of my friends, she understands me the most and also she suggested this job for me. 

"Oh! Seohyun! Your done with work?" Eri looked up from her phone, smiling at me. 

"Hahaha Yeah, how about you?" I took off my shoes and put on slippers. 

"No actually, I need to get back to Library duty." She sighed. The only thing that differs the two of us is that Eri doesn't enjoy books much, while I do but it dpesn't affect our friendship so I don't mind. 

"Anyway Good Luck Eri, I'm gonna go home now!"

"Thanks! I will need it!" 

Walking up the stairs, I start to hear some strange noise and it's making me uncomfortable. Taking one step by one step, my anxiety from hearing the sounds grew. Stopping in front of my room, I opened the door, sighing a bit.

"I guess that was just my imagination." 

"What's your imagination?" I jumped up, hearing a man's voice. Looking around the room, I was trying to find where the person is hiding. A hand touched my shoulder...

I turned around looking at the source of the sound. 

"What the !! Are you doing here!!" I whispered shouted at him. He looks at me strangely. Why is he so rude ? I know he is the Young Master and all but this is totally disrespecting my privacy. 

"Jeez, I'm just hiding from that witch." He rolled his eyes. I looked at him in disbelief. My bed creaked from the pressure of the weight it is holding. 

"And, can you please get out now?" I tapped my foot annoyingly. God, this guy is getting on my nerve one by one. 

"I'm the Young Master, I can do what I want here." The Young Master lay down on the bed without my consent. I can't really do anything to him, or he will fire me but I have to know the back story of th ewhole thing to let him stay.

"I don't care if your my boss or not but I need to know why you are hiding so I can let you stay." I said, deciding that he can stay. His reason better be good. I look at the Young Master who is playing on his phone. He look up and sighed. 

"Fine, but you better not tell that Witch that I'm here." He pointed at me angrily. I sat down in my comfy chair and put on my listening ear on. 

Jimin's POV (Flashback)

Once I stepped out of the room, my phone vibrates in my pocket. Turning my phone on, Jungkook texted me. 

[jungkook]

" Going to the club tonight, coming or not? " 

[jimin] 

coming, our usual? 

[jungkook] 

yeah. 

[jimin] 

see ya tonight.

I went off to my bedroom, tired. I should check on mum, she haven't been doing well these days and I'm getting really worried. Especially when father said that he will married another woman. God, if he doesn't love mother then why don't the two divorce. Having two women is honestly jealous. Ugh, I just remember that that witch Ji-young is only a few years older then me, which is really disgusting. I should really get this sudden news out of my mind. But... What the hell is father thinking?! Having another marriage with another woman? That will honestly give him and the family a bad reputation. I heard a singing voice in the bathroom. Curious on who is the owner's voice, I peeked inside. Hey, wasn't that the girl who I bumped in this morning? I didn't really got a good look, but she is really pretty... The real question is why is she singing while scrubbing the toliets? Even though her voice is beautiful and all but she is quite weird. Better get going to mother. I walked down a couple of rooms, finally stopping in front of mum's. Opening the door, I saw a weak fragile lady, and it was my mother. She was getting skinnier everyday and I can't bear to see it. Seeing how she is in such conditions, hurts me. I tiptoed quietly over to the side of the bed. 

"Jimin?" Mother's eyes flutter open. I guess I wasn't quiet enough. 

"Yes mother," I hold her hand which was wrinkly and fargile. It felt like if I was going to squeeze her hand, powder would just be left in my hands. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I was checking up on you, Mother.... are you keeping something away from me?" Her eyes blinked in confusion with a small amount mixture of shocked. 

"H-How did you know?" 

"I just feel strange how your sick, since you always keep yourself healthy and strong but now... I feel like I can break you just by squeexing your hands." 

She chuckled softly. I lowered down sitting down on my knees beside her. 

"Jimin... please don't hate your father..." My eyes widen at her sudden words, wondering why... 

"But.. why, he always ignored you and now he is going to marry another woman mum!" I shouted in my frustration to her. Her eyes didn't unwavered from me. 

"I know... but, it's a long story... the reason to that is something you have to find yourself." She spoked to me. Find it myself? But why?

I hear footsteps coming to the room, my sense tingle feeling an aura of a person I don't like. Hiding away behind the door, the door opened hiding me by it's shadow. Jiyoung? She didn't even bother on closing the door so I guess my hiding spot was actually pretty good. 

"Yah! Old Lady, wake up already!" She pushed my mother's body making her move to a side of the bed. Instead of answering to her, mother instead stand still and pretend that she is asleep. 

"Tsk, obviously your on the verge of dying, anyway, I finally accomplished on seducing your husband, I bet your angry huh. He will love me more then you. After wrapping him around my fingers, I will tell him to kick your son and you out and then inherit his money." That b*tch. 

I kicked the door hard, making the woman who just went in jumped. My eyes glared at her, she looked at me shivering. 

"What did you just say b*tch?" I cracked my knckles angry at her. Every step I took, she took a step back but then the bed stop her moving anywhere. 

"P-p-pleaase don't tell your father, I promise I will not do anything bad. " 

End of Flashback 

"And yeah, now you understand?" I closed my eyes, tired from explaining to the maid in front of me. She looked at me, hm? Is she going to cry?! 

"Yah Yah YAH! Why are you crying?!" I tried to stop the crying girl from exploding with tears. She sniffed and sniffed. 

"I never knew you love your mum like that," She cried. Oh God. I mentally slap myself in the face, looking around the room to find something to wipe her tears. I was lucky enough, saw a tissue box on the table. I walked over to the old wooden desk, grabbing the tissue box, I gave it to the crying girl on the chair. 

"Don't cry, jeez. Why are you so dramatic?" 

"I thought you were an to your parents and servants so I never knew you were actually a good child." Was that a compliment? Because that did not sound like it. 

"So are you going to help me?" She nodded her head in quick response. Hm.... I guess if she's going to help me she should help me all the way. 

"Can you help me with this?" Her big eyes blinked confused, on my further request.