001

Bitter Step

Seohyun's POV

Walking through the halls of the castle, my steps quietly echos through the halls. Hm... I've finished cleaning up the dinning room just an hour ago and now I have so much time in my hands. What should I do? Taking a break will definitely get me shouted at so that option is definitely a no. I do love the garden, I guess I should look after it for a bit. My direction immediately turns after finally deciding on what I was going to do. For a moment, I was caught off guard. The son of the castle also known as the bratty prince was behind me. Oh god, what should I do? Ignore him? no, I have to bow to him and leave. I wonder why he up so early today, usually it would've took him like most of the morning to get him up. 

"Good Morning, Young Master." I bowed to him. Hearing no answer, I decided to look up to see what happened. He wasn't there at all! He completely ignored me! Oh well, this is what you get for being nice and polite. I finally took off to the garden, to view the beautiful flowers. 

Usually the Queen would take care of the garden, but unfortunately she have fallen ill. She have been bedridden for a week now and everyone is starting to get worried about her condition. In my opinion, she is the best Queen ever. She was kind hearted and understand us servants. Also her nature loving personality is lovely. She is totally opposite to the King though. Even though, I know shouldn't say this but he is stubborn and never listen to other people opinions thinking he is always right, but all well that's how life is right? I was viewing the paintings while walking down this long hall. Honestly this hallway is bigger then my house at home. God, who knew rich people could afford such big lands. Well actually everyone does. 

"What are you doing here Joohyun!" The head maid start to shout at me. I am really unlucky today aren't I? First I bumped into the prince now, I bumped into the mean head maid. 

"I wanted to go to the garden to take care of it, especially when I've done all of my work in the dining room." I said peacefully, at the same volume. The head maid glared at me. She seems to be around my age but a few years older. Well, she have been working here for a while, like around 8 years? People kept on calling her a two-face b*tch because her personality to us compare to the King, Queen and prince is way different. All of the servants hates her, even the head butler.  She always unreasonable to us ; everytime a servant is sick, they can't take a day off because of her. The poor maid fainted for over working her body when she isn't supposed to. 

"You are not allowed too! Go and clean up the toliets!" She shouted at me. My shoulder slumped hearing her words. If only I am in a higher rank, I would be able to stop her. Usually the Queen is the one who save us servants. That's why we are so grateful to her. Rumors have been spread about the head maid. People kept on talking about how the head maid is trying to seduce the King, while the Queen is sick. It is really disgusting to even see it in live action. I was serving the King's dinner, while the head maid was conversing with him. At the time her buttons were making everyone can view nearly her whole cleavage. Also her skirt was rolled up that everytime she purposely bend down, we can see her whole . 

Not like I can do anything about it anyway, I'm just a servant, a normal girl. Better get to the toliets before the head maid start to yelling at me again. Let's get down and dirty, well not that way but just getting my hands dirty. This is defintely not the worst thing I've ever done, seriously, you won't even want to know what I do that can be this traumatizing.

Jimin's POV

God, why am I up this early again? I guess because my god damn father kept on disturbing my sleep. Honestly, I didn't slept well last night for some reason and now I am interrupted from my sleep again. 

"Good Morning, Young Master." I couldn't even bother replying to the maid. Actually who is that? Well, it's not like I can see her face right now. First things first. I need to get back to my bedroom right now! I walked down the usual hallway as quickly as possible before anyone pull me out of my morning sleep. 

"Son, where are you going?" My back jolted hearing my father deep loud voice. I turn my head back seeing his face which doesn't look happy. 

"Uh, I was finding you but I end up here." I slide through the cracks hoping my excuse was good enough. 

"It doesn't matter anyway, I need to talk to you." He sighed for a bit, and walked away. Following his footsteps, I listen to his rambling. I wish mother was here, she always help me find a way out of this. Everyone in the castle loves mother including me but Father seem kind of distanced to her these days. I'm actually worried. Any husband would try to give as much love as they could to their wife but Father was different. Every since I was little, the two of them were barely together. The only time I do see them together is when they are holding a huge party or meeting and that is not the best romantic scenario, but now it is getting worser. Mother and Father always avoid each other when they see one another coming. Why can't we just be a normal family sometimes? Having fun together and all. I guess I'm too old for that now. I look out of the window seeing someone familiar. Well all of the maids does wear the same uniform so I guess that's why. Is that the Head Maid with that Servant? Hm... She is yelling at her, well it's normal but the Head Maid is the thing. I've always have this disgusting feel when I see her it's like I want her out of the room immediately, or I will end up vomiting, which is not a nice site to see. The two of us suddenly stop in front of the meeting room. Father opened the door making me follow behind. Looking around the room, there was no one except the two of us. 

"We still have to wait for someone." Father voiced out. I sat down, deciding to be paitent. Sometimes I wonder why I am so obedient to my dad so much. I guess it because he is very imtimidating and also I would lose everything. It's not like I'm scared to lose everything, but honestly logically I won't even survive without finance and all of that. My train of thoughts was cut, hearing the door squeaked. Oh god, is that the Head Maid? My face turn into a frown immediately. 

"Sorry, am I late?" Her ugly voice makes me want to cut off my ears. I didn't even answer instead I decided to ignore her and put my attention on my dad. 

"So, what do you want to tell me father?" 

"Jimin, I know this might be shocking but I am going to marry Ji-young here." 

.... Wait WHAT THE ! I stared at my father shocked. Marry?! To that women?! 

"You must be joking right?" I said to him in a cold tone. Apparently the Head Maid name is Ji-young, never knew that until now. I looked at the women that was apparently supposed to be my step-mother soon. I seriously want to vomit. She flashing her s out and I don't even want to see it anymore. 

"Jimin, I am serious." Father looked at me with no emotion shown.

"Does mother know about this?" I closed my eyes, rubbing my temples. I can't stand these dramas anymore honestly, it's giving me a bad migraine and I certainly don't enjoy it. 

"No, but we hope you can tell the news to her." Father said. Okay. That is it! No way! I'm saying no way! Am I going to hurt her! 

"You tell her this, I am not hurting my own mother for nothing, especially not for this ." I rolled my eyes. Hmph, can't believe my dad have been seduced by such a ugly lady. I looked at her seeing that her hand have already have rolled into a fist. 

"By the way Ji-young is it? You might want some make up there, oh wait, are you wearing make up already? Sorry I didn't notice, your face is so ugly that I thought it was your bare face. I guess it's true that make up is not for everyone." Suddenly I heard a bang from the table. Funny how he is the one who is angry, when he is going to hurt my mother. 

"Jimin! Respect your mother!" He shouted. I rolled my eyes again snickered. Today I'm not going to be obedient today. 

"What are you going to do if I don't? Kill me? And when did that witch became my mother? Never seen you guys sign the paper yet. The last time I knew, I am the one who do most of your business work for you." I spat out all the fumes I wanted to say. God, today is such a great day! I am able to say all the bullsh*t I wanted to say. Getting no response from him, I decided to go. This is seriously wasting my time. After reaching to the door, I turn back seeing that witch whining to my father. Someday, I seriously will kill myself because of all of this drama.