Blood, Sweat and Tears

Warriors Against the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the monsters began closing in, they stayed in a circle with their backs to one another. It was a strategy they had worked on while training together, and it seemed like their best option, since these monsters were free to move all they wanted, with no crystals in sight. It seemed that this would be the biggest battle, so they needed to succeed...or die trying.

 

Yoongi glanced away from the monsters briefly and over at Jungkook. The fiery young man only had a dagger, and that could be a detrement to him, since it didn't seem to offer as much protection, therefore leaving him at a disadvantage. He was also well aware of the monster that was drawing closer to the maknae, so in a split decision, he stepped over toward him, stabbing the monster himself and surprising Jungkook. It seemed as if he had been intent on killing it himself, but Yoongi was just concerned with keeping him alive, at an cost.

 

Jin glanced at Yoongi, noticing that he had moved slightly out of position to protect Jungkook. He didn't seem very pleased with it, but it was okay, as long as they kept on fighting. Turning to the next monster, he turned his attention to Namjoon...or where he should have been. His spot was empty, so Jin almost panicked. Had Namjoon been taken out in the midst of the fighting? He wasn't sure, but knew that they would all go down, if he didn't keep on fighting and concentrate on the task at hand. When a large, greasy monster lunged at him, he dodged to the side, feeling its blade catch him in the tender flesh just below his bulletproof vest. He winced in pain, but continued to fight. Catching the monster by surprise, he stabbed it in the throat, its black blood gushing out and splattering on him in the process.

 

The fighting continued, and they were all very much aware that Namjoon had disappeared. It alarmed all of them, but they fought the monsters off, killing all of them after a while.

 

Jin was breathing heavily, once the fighting was over, glancing around at the others. "Namjoon...Did he even come through the portal? I don't see him now, but I could have sworn he was here," Jin reached down, inspecting the cut on his side. It wasn't a bad wound, so he turned back to the others.

 

Yoongi shook his head, wondering if this had been his source of unease before they had entered the portal. "I haven't seen Namjoon, except for when we first got here. He was fighting right here with us...I thought. I could be wrong, though."

 

Jin cursed under his breath, his eyes sweeping over the others. "Okay. Well, is anyone injured? If so, we should probably tend to them before we leave this cave."

 

Jimin nodded, pointing to a gash on his leg. "I got cut, but it should be okay. I'll live."

 

Jin nodded, his demeanor still tense and distracted. "We should take care of it before we leave here. It could get worse, and we would have a bigger problem on our hands. Hoseok, Taehyung, could you please tend to that and make sure everyone else is ready to go find the next portal? We should be in good condition, if we want to have any chance at finding Namjoon. He's got to be here somewhere, unless..."

 

Taehyung glanced over from where he was cleaning Jimin's wound. "Yeah.Unless they took him. What if The Void is into taking prisoners or something? That could be really bad." He said this all in a deadpan voice, something they had come to expect from the dusky young man.

 

Jungkook shook his head, smiling at Taehyung. "Thanks for the confidence..."

 

Taehyung smiled dryly, turning back to Jimin's wound.

 

After about fifteen minutes, they were ready to go, walking further into the cavern. Hoseok helped Jimin, keeping an eye on him, since he was still favoring his right leg. Yoongi was becoming increasingly nervous with Namjoon's absense, feeling as if something was definitely very wrong. He just couldn't pinpoint it yet. As they continued on, he noticed that Jungkook wasn't close to him anymore, but had stepped over to walk close to Jimin and Hoseok. Turning back to the dark, slippery path, he was glad when he noticed a portal ahead. It was a relief, after all they had gone through that day. He was ready for shower and good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter