Path

Warriors Against the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as he left the meeting, Yoongi began heading back to his room. He didn't want anything to do with Jimin. He could still remember the other man's stoic face when Yoongi got beaten up in high school, not lifting a finger to help him, when he obviously needed a friend. He didn't see anything good in Jimin, so he couldn't imagine why he was a part of this. He would have to trust him with his life, and that would be very difficult for him. Laughing to himself, he tried to gather his wits again. He could run from this, but that would land him in prison...and that would be much worse than working with someone he hated.

 

When he was almost to his bedroom, Yoongi heard a soft voice speaking. "Hey, are you scared? How are we supposed to fight this...whatever it is?" Yoongi swore under his breath, cursing himself. When Yoongi turned around, he saw that the person speaking was a teenager. Why the hell would the government have pulled a teen into this? "I'm sorry. What was that?"

 

The young man bit his lip, shaking his head. "Nevermind. It's a stupid question.Obviously we just fight it," the teen laughed quietly to himself, and Yoongi could see the fear and uncertainty in his eyes. The young man smiled again and began to turn away from him.

 

Yoongi sighed deeply, leaning against the wall. "This all seems crazy, but I guess The Eternal Source thinks we can defeat whatever this Void is. If it was too hard, we wouldn't have been given this mission, right? That's what this is. We're the lucky ones," he added with a grin, noticing with relief that the teen smiled back at him. He felt a strong urge to protect him, since he was young, even though he didn't know the kid. "Um, my name's Yoongi. If you need to talk, I can try to be here for you."

 

The teen smiled again, and this time it reached his eyes. "That's good advice, Yoongi. You're right about us sticking together and relying on each other. My name's Jungkook, and it's nice to meet you."

 

Yoongi nodded again, glad that he had been able to ease the teen's mind. "We'll learn about this together and try to make everything right." He laughed, wanted to slap himself. "And it's nice to meet you, too, Jungkook. You have really good English. Are you from here?"

 

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah. I'm from California. It'll be really cool when we get weapons to defeat this..." He cursed under his breath. "What did she call it?"

 

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter