Boy Meets Evil

Warriors Against the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After walking for a while, they saw something glowing up ahead. Yoongi glanced at the others, and noticed that they seemed to be as confused as he was. He had to admit that he was also intrigued, and his curiosity pushed him ahead, past any fears and the ball of nerves in his stomach.

 

As they drew closer to the glow, Yoongi saw that they were large crystal towers, glistening in the light. He knew that they had been instructed to destroy the shrines, and this looked like it was indeed a shrine to something. The shines were beautiful, and almost clear, as if you could see right through them. They were fascinating, and Yoongi found himself drawn in by them, as if he didn't want to destroy something so breathtaking.

 

As he stared at the beautiful shrine, he became almost completely unaware of his surroundings, until he heard the sound of shattering crystal. He was jerked back to reality, feeling uneasy as the first shrine was shattered by Namjoon. His attention immediately turned to the young leader as he stared at the shrine he had just destroyed, expecting it to so more than just fall to pieces. He began to lower his sword, when Jimin pushed him out of the way.

 

On the side that Namjoon hadn't seen, a red, spiny creature with black, round eyes emerged from the shards, becoming larger by the second. Namjoon stepped back, pushing Jimin back out of the way as he faced it himself. Now Yoongi knew why the weapons would come in useful. Namjoon struck at the creature, hitting it in the side as he did so. He smiled when the creature cried out in pain and anger, it jagged, ugly teeth looking to be as sharp as razors. The creature swiped at Namjoon with its claws, prompting the others to get in and fight it, as well. Seven against one didn't seem too bad, considering that the creature could probably kill them all easily, if they had been unarmed. This was their first fight, and they were determined to win it. They had to, or die trying.

 

Yoongi noticed that even Jungkook had joined in, slashing at the creature and seeming to enjoy the challenge it offered him. Unlike a lot of the older fighters, he stabbed several times before stepping back, beckoning the ugly monster to go closer to him. When it was drawn further away and distracted by Jungkook, the others could take advantageof it and hit the creature more freely. This strategy seemed to be working very well, and after a while of fighting it, the creature began to shake, becoming weaker. Yoongi took the chance he found, slicing at its head as the others fought it from the front. The hit was lucky, connecting with the side of the creature's neck and severing it head with one sling of his blade. The now headless creature convulsed violently, they lay still, lifeless.

 

Yoongi stared at it, stunned that it had worked. It almost seemed to him that it had been too easy to kill, but also suspected that this was only the beginning and that the challenges that were ahead of them would be more difficult.

 

"Look at your sword, Yoongi! It's glowing from where you hit the monster!" Jungkook grinned at him, seeming to be more hyped up, now that he had defeated something. He was competitive, and that was a great trait to have with this kind of mission.

 

"It is, isn't it?" Yoongi looked at his sword, noticing the glow for the first time. When he examined it more closely, he noticed that it was cleaning itself, the blood disappearing and the sword returning to its original state.

 

Jungkook leaned over to look at the weapon, smiling at him. "Well, I guess that means we got him. That was easy." Yoongi wanted to laugh at the young man, noticing that he was still very hyped up from the fight. He looked as if he could battle more monsters right now, and that was a good trait to have, since they would be facing more shines and monsters. They needed to stay alert, and he was the perfect person to motivate them all. Jungkook had the fiery, competitive personality that would push them all to do their best.

 

*

 

While they were on their way through the cave, Namjoon held up his hand, staying ahead of the others. Yoongi looked in the direction that Namjoon had gestured, noticing a glimmering portal, with a grey sol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter