Danger

Warriors Against the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It continued to storm for the entire day, but despite the cold rain that was coming down in sheets, Namjoon insisted on going to the next shrine, if they could find the portal.

 

Yoongi stayed close to Jungkook, hoping to keep the younger man warm. However, it was to no avail, as they both got soaked to the bone. Looking around as they walked, Jimin shouted and pointed ahead. About four feet away from where he stood, the air warped and shifted, a sign that there should be a portal. Namjoon approached it cautiously, touching it with a stick. When it snapped the stick in half, they knew it was indeed the portal. The leader sshrugged and stepped through it first, motioning to the others to follow him. He had disappeared from their view, so they figured it was safe, so proceeded to walk through it.

 

Once he was on the other side of the portal, Yoongi looked around, noticing that it was another cave. He wasn't sure how they were being directed to the portals, but knew that there had to be something to it. looking down at his weapon as he walked, the slight young man wondered if it had to do with them. The weapons had been given to them by the Eternal Source, so there had to be something special about them, other than just glowing occasionally. Something didn't fully add up, and he would have questions for the Eternal Source when they got back...if they got back.

 

He was brought back to reality when someone bumped into him. Startled, he looked over to see that it had been Jungkook, so he placed a hand on the tall young man's shoulder.

 

"Sorry, hyung," Jungkook whispered, looking around nervously. "I thought I saw somethng and it startled me."

 

Yoongi shook his head, smiling at him in the dim light. "It's okay. You don't have anything to apologize for. I wonder what this cave has in store for us? Maybe more crystals?"

 

Jungkook grinned, his eyes gleaming. "Maybe. It would be nice, if there were more. They were fun to break."

 

Yoongi shook his head at the strange boy. "Yeah, they were, but dangerous! The monster could have killed us!"

 

"It didn't, though. That's the important part," Jungkook replied, his eyes widening as he peered ahead. "I see the shrines," he said, his lips unconsciously. "Let's go get them!"

 

Yoongi nodded, feeling his nerves rise higher than they already were. His dreams about the monsters hadn't been fun, and he personally wasn't looking forward to facing them again.

 

As they drew closer to the shrines, Namjoon stayed in the front, in case something happened. When they got to the first shrine, he paused, looking around the cave.

 

There were four shrines this time, which were more than they had destroyed before. That would certainly mean more monsters to face. Taking a deep breath, he struck at the first one, noticing that it didn't even crack from the hit. Backing away from it, Namjoon was confused at the resiliece of it. The last time, they had broken more easily. He glanced at Jin, then stepped back over to the shrine, hitting it once more. This time when he hit it, the shrine cracked, so he continued hitting it. After a moment, his sword glowed green, and his hits stopped demaging the shrine. Confused again, he looked at the others. "I think someone else is supposed to hit this shrine now. It doesn't seem to be phased by me anymore."

 

Jungkook smiled, stepping over and hitting it with his knife several times. It finally cracked again, and this time, a line traveled down the shrine, splitting it open. He jumped back in surprise as a monster lunged out at him, but the creature couldn't leave the shrine, just like the last one. It struck at him, but if he was careful, it couldn't hurt him. Stepping close to it, Jungkook smiled at the monster as he stabbed it in the side. The creature shrieked in pain, knashing its ugly, jagged teeth at Jungkook. The maknae laughed, striking it again and again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter