Chapter 3: Friendly Touches?

Backstage

Changsub, Eunkwang, Minhyuk and Hyunsik were seated in the same car after a interview since the others had another schedule to attend. The car ride was of course lively with Changsub and Eunkwang dancing to every song on the radio.

Minhyuk smiled when he received a reply on his phone.

Choi Yuna: Wanna meet up? There's a park nearby my dorm..

Lee Minhyuk: Hmm sure it's my treat this time.

What he didn't know was that the other member were looking at him weirdly since he was smiling at his phone like a crazy person. Changsub not one to waste the oppurtunity to asked.

"Eunkwang-ah," Changsub called.

"Hm?," Eunkwang looked at him with curious eyes.

"What do you think of Gfriend?," He asked gaining Minhyuk's attention.

"Eh?," Eunkwang paused before giving an answer"Great dancers and pretty?."

Minhyuk frowned but kept quiet, Changsub then asked"Really? Who do you think is pretty?."

"Well Sowon is pretty and Umji is cute," Changsub himself wanted to choke his leader for mentioning Umji but (un)fortunately Hyunsik who had been listening gave another answer.

"I like Yuju, she's very charming for me," Hyunsik said lightly. Minhyuk felt his fist tighten but still didn't speak.

Eunkwang nodded"Ah! Yuju is very pretty too and talented," He agreed.

"Nice singer," Hyunsik smiled.

Minhyuk was sure he was gonna break his phone with how tight he was holding it but the his phone buzzed once again.

Choi Yuna: Alright meet me at the cafe in twenty minutes ;) 

"Yuju is really amazing huh," He said earning more weird looks from s.

"I think he's gone crazy," Hyunsik comments while the other two just nod.

==========================================

 When Minhyuk reached the cafe Yuju was already there waiting for him. She had just returned from Kcon LA and had a brand new cast on her arm.

"What happened to your arm?," Minhyuk frowned.

Yuju coughed, clearly not comfortable"Ah i'd rather not talked about it," She laughed nervously.

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow but said nothing and sat down on the chair opposite from her. She looked much more tan and it kind if suited her."So where do you wanna go?," He asked.

"Actually i have to go grocery shopping and i need help," Yuju said sheepishly. Minhyuk sighed but smiled fondly at her.

He stood up making Yuju gaze at him in curiousity and then offered her a hand."Well shopping right? Let's go," Yuju grinned and held his hand, giving it a light squeeze.

There it was, the butterflys in his stomach. It started after the whole beach incident and it lasted till now. Yuju would just touch him in every little way and would make him feel all lightheaded. She would just hold his arm or even smile at him and Minhyuk felt weak in the knees.

"..so the supermarket isn't far but since i kind of have one working arm, i need help," Yuju said and looked at him, her dark eyes gazing into his own."You okay?," She asked.

He smiled reassuringly at her worried tone"Yeah, i'm fine let's go," The walk to the shop was a silent one but not the uncomfortable silence nor was it awkward. It was relaxing and refreshing, something they missed since they didn't see each other in a while.

"We should hurry or Sowon would come out to find me," Yuju sighed at the thought of her members teasing her about Minhyuk.

"Sure."

==========================================

The sound of the song 'Fly' filled the room, Sinb frowned and sent a look to Umji who put the song on.

"Why are you staring at me like that?," Umji said with a questioning tone. Sinb shook her head and walked to the kitchen to find the three oldest watching a drama. 

"Sinb-ah why do you look do grumpy..well more than usual?," Sowon asked the second maknae.

Yerin patted the space beside her, gesturing for her to sit and she did. Sinb looked around"Where's Yuju?," The three suddenly had dreamy expressions. What's with these weirdos?.

Eunha was the first to answer"Grocery duty," Sinb raised her eyebrows at this.

"She has a broken arm," She deadpans.

"That's why she asked Minhyuk to help her," Yerin squealed loudly. Sowon noticed Sinb's tired face.

"Are you really okay? Are you sick?," Sinb swallowed.

This was all his fault, why did he have to , make her laugh and smile. I like you Sinb...

"How-how do you know if you like someone?," She asked. Sowon blinked and shared looks with the others.

"What?."

Sinb frown turned deeper"How would you know if you like someone, as in 'like like'," She sighed.

"Oh..oh."

==========================================

"So what are we getting?," Minhyuk asked as he pushes the trolley. Yuju looked at the list Sowon hed gave her before she left.

"Milk, eggs, juice, yogurt, bread, ramen, kimchi," Yuju listed out. Minhyuk chuckled at the long list of food they had to buy.

"Are you really on diets? Doesn't sound like it," He teased, Yuju frowned and smacked his head.

"Are you calling me fat?!," She glared at him, Minhyuk smiled nevously"Well?."

He cleared his throat"No! You actually look good," He blushed. Yuju grinned and winked at him.

"You don't so bad yourself," Minhyuk actually liked that Yuju wasn't on a complete diet. He had seen many female idols strave without food for hours and he felt sorry for them. Though Yuju was slim to begin with no matter how much she ate.

Shopping took a while since his companion liked to sample everything they offered her. Halfway through the list Yuju stopped to sample for the seventh time. The lady smiled at the two.

"You two are so cute together!," She said, she turned to Minhyuk"Treat her well she's very pretty," Yuju smiled and thanked the lady.

"See i'm pretty," She hugged his arm"Treat me well Minhyuk-ah," She joked.

"She didn't see your other side yet," He muttured but loud enough so she could hear."Come on we should hurry. I'll get the milk and juice while you get yhe ramen," Yuju nodded.

"What brand do they drink?," Minhyuk thought aloud. In the end he just randomly put any brand in the trolley and made his way to find Yuju.

On the way he saw a few girls eyeing Yuju with wonder"Isn't that Gfriend's Yuju?," The girl asked her friend.

"Let's ask her?," The other girl said and pulled her friend towards the main vocalist"Excuse me?," Yuju blinked and looked at the girls.

"Yes?."

"You are Gfriend's Yuju?," One of them asks.

Yuju smiled at them"Yes," The other girls smiled excited at meeting their idol. Minhyuk felt his lips twitch, and turned to his back so they wouldn't notice him.

==========================================

"Here," He handed her the drink.

They were at the park, after shopping they had decided to rest for a while. Yuju sighed and leaned on his shoulder.

"Minhyuk."

"Hm?."

"Thanks for helping out today. I appreciate it really," Minhyuk patted her, but what she said next made him freeze"I like you," She mumbled.

What did she mean? She liked him as a friend? Or was it something more. Before he could ask her, Yuju yawned.

"I'll...i'll walk you home," He said, playing ignorant. Yuju nodded and stood up. Even after he went home her words replayed on his mind.

"I like you...."

########################################

Sorry its been a while but i had a little writers block but its okay now. Anyway i think i will only write 2 to 3 more chapters till it ends. And thank you for subscribing to it. So Jackson and Sinb in slowly creeping in and did Yuju just confess? Wait and see!!

-rookie