Chapter 2.1: Insecure

Backstage

Yuju smiled in content as she felt the fresh air brush across her face. It had been a while since visited the beach, life of an idol was never easy but that didn't mean she regret her choice to be one.

Minhyuk sighed, how did this even happen. He looked over and saw Yuju's happy face, unconciously he smiled.

"Minhyuk let's get some ice cream!," She grabbed his hand and ushered him to the nearest ice cream shop. It was weird how comfortable she was with Minhyuk. Yuju was always shy when she would meet new people but with Minhyuk it felt completely normal.

"Slow down a little okay," He said. Minhyuk sat down on a vacant chair, the shop was not busy but there were a few people there.

"I'll get the ice cream. You stay here and it's my treat," Yuju said and left no room for argument. Minhyuk shrugged, who was he to turn free food.

Luckily they were both wearing some stuff like sunglasses to cover they're face. Yuju came back a while later with two cups of ice cream and handed him one.

For a while it was silent, then Yuju spoke up.

"Did you ever regret being an idol?," Minhyuk stared at her"Like you could be doing something else or that you can be replaced?," Yuju asked.

"...no, i never regretted it. Not once," He informed.

"I see....," She nodded"I always wonder if Gfriend could do much better with a better vocalist...like i'm not good enough."

Minhyuk listened as she lay down her insecurities in front of him"I'm replaceable right? Everyone is and i'm scared one day i'm gonna disappear," She continued.

"Yuju ah. Gfriend woudn't be the same without you, Gfriend would never reach where you are now if a member was not there," Minhyuk said"I actually came to know Gfriend through Changsub. You actually caught my eye first, so you can say i'm a fan of yours," Yuju widened her eyes.

Minhyuk smiled"And as a fan, i will support you when you need it," He reassured"We better get going don't you think?," He stood up.

"Hm," Yuju nodded"I should go now, thank you for today," She bowed"I really enjoyed our time together."

"I'll walk you to your dorm Yuju," Minhyuk said.

"You don't have to," Yuju protested but Minhyuk just sighed.

"I wasn't really asking for your permission. I'm doing this for myself, i worry about you," He said fondly and ruffled her hair.

Yuju scowled at him messing up her hair but felt her heart melt at his words"...fine," She gave in.

==============================================

The two sat at the back of the empty bus, it was past 8 so it was no suprise it was empty. Minhyuk look to his right to find Yuju dozing off. She must be tired from walking all day.

"Yuju sleep, i'll wake you up later when we reach," He said. Yuju nodded and placed her head on his shoulder. Minhyuk frooze when she had touched him. Don't think about how cute she looks Minhyuk!. He could smell her shampoo form where he sat, she smelled like lavender and he kind of liked it.

It was a short drive but the minutes felt like hours for Minhyuk. Yuju slept soundly, not knowing of her effect over him. When they reached, he shook her awake"Wake up we're here..Yuju~," He called.

"Go away Sinb, i'll play later," She mumbled.

After a few more tries she woke up. Minhyuk walked her to the dorm door"I guess this is goodbye for now," He said sadly. It would be awhile before they see each other knowing their busy schedule.

"Hm, thank you Minhyuk. Next time it's your treat ok," She winked playfully. Yuju then suprised him when she hugged him"I had a great time," He returned the hug. 

Before he left he gave her a last wave and smile. I'll see you again Yuju.

==============================================

Yuju smiled and turned to open the dorm door, suprised to find it opened. But even more suprised when 5 people fell down in front of her.

"What the..?," She muttured.

Sinb was the first to react"Sowon started it!," She exclaimed. Sowon frowned and flicked Sinb's forehead.

"Sure. You were here first you brat," Sowon shot back. The other 3 look excited for some reason.

"Was it a date?!," Eunha squealed.

"Or just a friendly outing?," Yerin asked.

Umji smiled teasingly"I'm suprise it was Yuju on a date first. I always figured it would be Yerin with how friendly she is." Yuju blushed.

"E-eh? We just met when i went to a cafe," She explained but to no success. Her members were already questioning her with a new sparkle in their eyes.

It's gonna be a long night. She sighed.

######################################### 

So there is the full chapter~ pls tell me what you think and thanks for giving my fic a chance. I think this would only be 7-10 chapters.r

-rookie