Vow

He made me realised what Love was

~~~At the wedding hall.~~~

All the guests were seated down calmly and they were patiently waiting for the ceremony to begin. They were whisperings,soft chit-chattings could be heard in the entire hall. This time round, everyone looked dazzling in their dresses and suits except for some,especially the elderly's who still wore hanboks on them.

In just a few minutes time, the ceremony will begin. My heart beats faster and faster. Knowing that it's going to be more daunting as compared to the traditional wedding because of the number of guests attended made me feel even more nervous. I closed my eyes for a while and pray silently.

I stood still at the back of the wedding hall accompanied by appa. Infront, Jonghyun was already standing still smartly in his black wedding suit. He stood beside the pastor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOZm4vWpS4HG3w9jciwis

In my hands, I was holding on to a bouquet of red and white wedding roses.

"May I call upon the bride, Miss Shin Heeyoung,accompanied by her father, Mr Shin Minhyun up here to join the groom, Mr Kim Jonghyun." announced the pastor.

As soon as I hear the announcement, I breathe in and out and try my best to focus.

Dad nodded and convinced me that everything's going to be fine. I reached out for his hands. I was shaking, but the bridal gloves that I wore covers it, so it wasn't that obvious. I paced slowly down the aisle together with my dad. I looked down and be cautious, afraid that I might tripped over something. 

As I passed each row, I could sense and I'm sure that all eyes were on me. It felt like I was participating in a contest. You know the anxious and nervous feeling?

koreanwedding7.jpg

Upon arriving at the front where Jonghyun and the pastor were, dad slowly releases his hands from mine and he stood five metres away from me. He then sat beside omma.

I felt like crying and wail like a child. I want my dad to be beside me all the time but I knew it was impossible. I've to face it. Now, it was no longer my dad, but it was Jonghyun. The man, who is going to spend his whole entire life with me. Suddenly, I felt like it was the first time I met him. Like I just knew him. My heart beat raced faster.

"Thank you, Mr Shin."

The pastor then began his speech. 

After his speech, he carried on with the ceremony.

 "May I now, ask both the bride and the groom to face each other." The pastor begin. 

I slowly turned and made eye-contact with Jonghyun. He wasn't smiling but his eyes were.

"Mr Kim Jonghyun, do you have tokens of the sincerity of these vows?" Asked the pastor.

"I do." He answered calmly.

"What token do you give of the vows you have made?" He continued.

"This ring." Jonghyun said, showing him the Petite Pave Diamond Ring.

"Bless this ring, O Lord, that he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in Thy peace, and continue in Thy favor, unto their life's end." 

"You may know place the ring onto the bride's finger." the pastor added.

"Shin Heeyoung, I give you this ring as a pledge of the sincerity of my vows." Jonghyun said as he placed the ring on my left ring finger.

Jonghyun then began his vow;

"I,Kim Jonghyun, take thee Shin Heeyoung, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; and I promise to be faithful to you until death parts us." 

"And now, the bride's turn." the pastor continued.

"I, Shin Heeyoung, take thee Kim Jonghyun, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; and I promise to be faithful to you until death parts us." I addressed calmly.

"You, Mr Kim and Miss Shin have pledged your devotion to each other. It is not these words that have made your marriage real, but the God of love, who has welded your hearts together as one. He has said, "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall be joined unto his wife and the two shall become one flesh." the pastor said.

"You may now kiss the bride." He continued.

Jonghyun uncover my Weddind veil and placed his both hands on my waist.He leaned towards and kissed my lips. We shut our eyes close and felt the passion of the kiss. The guests began to applaud and cheered.

We severed the kiss and smiled at each other before turning, to face the guests. 

From a distance, I could see omma's eyes was teary. Mdm Kim's as well. Then, Omma and appa made their way towards us and stood beside me. Similarly, Mdm Kim and her husband also made her way towards their son and stood beside him. We stood closely together for a photo-taking. (Like this;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT8_8BdfGadWEIy6ReDPs

The guests starts chatting and celebrate the wonderful atmosphere.