Chapter 7 - Waking up

The Dragon Prince (temp hiatus)

The sunlight crept in from a tiny crack in the curtains causing Yifan to twitch ever so slightly before attempting to turn over to avoid the brightness that was attempting to burn through his eyelids. He didn’t want to get up right now, it was way too warm and comfortable. Plus, it was nice to be all snuggled up against his dragon gege’s where he felt warm and protected. A contented sigh was interrupted however when a memory stirred within his head about how last night he had gone to sleep with a rainbow coloured kitten and a jet-black puppy after they had failed multiple times to get Tao and Sehun into human form. He remembered that the pair kept on hiccupping which caused them to change into all sorts of different forms excluding a human one and finally he had managed to get them to stop hiccupping and fell asleep with the aforementioned kitten and puppy.

Very slowly, almost with a hint of caution in case he was going to wake up back in his old room before Jiaheng passed away, Yifan cracked open his eyes and glanced around. In the semi darkness, it was hard to initially pick out anything different as the room was still pretty much as it had been before with its grandeur and lack of personalisation as Yifan had not been in it long enough to start doing all of that sort of thing yet. Twisting a little as he let out a yawn, Yifan jumped out of his skin when not one but two pairs of arms wrapped themselves tighter around his body in a way to try and make him stay still.

Spooned up behind him was a very tanned young man with a sharp chin, jet black hair that was all sorts of messed up currently as it was probably he had been tossing and turning all night. Yifan also noted that he had quite prominent eye bags as well that would make him look to be rather cute, the young prince thought.

Lying on his chest, virtually curled into him despite a clear length of leg that had been twisted back up the bed, was another boy but this one was a lot paler and had short, fluffy, rainbow coloured hair that was just as ruffled as the one behind him. Resting peacefully against his chest, the boy looked to be highly content in the matter though had a tendency to occasionally blow raspberries with his tongue.

About to call out to the others in fright and panic, Yifan instead yawned lightly, rubbed his eyes to get rid of the sleep that was clagging the long lashes shut and heard the groans of the two boys who had been happily snuggled against him not a moment before. He could only conclude that he was most certainly no longer dreaming in the slightest and slowly he moved his hands away from his eyes just to watch.

Tao was the first to react, letting out a squeak and shooting backwards in surprise with such speed that he tumbled onto the floor with a secondary yelp which caused Sehun to whimper in distress because his friend had technically just freaked out because of him. Lightly he ‘pawed’ at Yifan, turning his dark brown eyes towards the other before letting out a very slurred, “Fan...min...”

Finally, it registered with the dragon that something wasn’t right and he sat upright in shock, looked towards Tao who was still lying on the floor looking bewildered and about three seconds away from bursting into tears before letting out his own yell of surprise and pointing then immediately paling further as he caught sight of his hand. “Yi...Yi...Yifan?” he stuttered out in a panic.

For a second Yifan did not know what to do himself, before reacting instinctively and grabbing hold of a blanket to cover Sehun’s head before nimbly jumping straight to the floor to pull Tao up from what had probably been a rather painful landing and safely depositing him back onto the softness. In the meantime, the boy that was formally Sehun had managed to get himself untangled from the blanket and was staring in shock towards Tao as if it didn’t register that he was even real.

Tao still looked just about close to giving into the urge to cry when he let out a sudden yelp come laugh as Sehun prodded him in the side.

For a few seconds, there was silence between the two on the bed as they just sort of stared at each other in shock before Sehun took the initiative and prodded Tao in the side once again. The slightly elder dragon let out a gurgle of a squeak and pulled away from the next incoming prod, automatically taking the opportunity to slap the hand away. However, Sehun took the movement to be something else all together and practically launched himself at the other dragon in a mock rough and tumble style of play which was all too common to see them engaged in.

Just this time they happened to be two young men.

Whom were completely Yifan now noticed with a sudden fleeting horror.

Though with the pair suddenly tumbling off the bed, continuing to roll about and play like they normally did, the young prince figured that for the most part they would both be pretty fine with it. Letting out a sigh, Yifan shook his head and opted to do what was probably the most sensible idea right now.

Namely rush out of the door to go and find one of the older dragons to sort the pair out.

However this resulted in two rather strange things, the first was that as Yifan opened the door he collided with someone who was carrying something fairly warm which spilt onto his skin and caused a startled yelp to leave his lips and consequently the second thing happened because of his squeak as a pair of very human arms were suddenly gripping around his middle to pull him back away from the thing that had made him yelp out with a very odd sounding hiss escaping from the vocal cords of the now very human Sehun.

Yixing blinked in surprise towards the new arrival, having stepped back immediately when he had realised that he had collided with Yifan whilst carrying a bowl of warm water for the young Prince to bathe in whilst they tried to figure out how to turn the other two into humans and was about to comment further when suddenly there was another yell. Both Yifan and Sehun tumbled to the ground in a heap of limbs because despite the fact that Sehun could pretty much adapt to most things quickly, going from four legs to two was a change that should have not been attempted too rashly.

Still the healing dragon was struck dumb for a few seconds, unable to even begin to think of what to say about this whole situation until a happy giggle came from further in the room where another new male figure was rolling about on his back. Yixing blinked, staring at the black hair and toned body before realising that it could only be Tao since the rainbow haired boy was too easy to identify.

Finally, the white dragon smiled and giggled himself, “Well I take it that the potion eventually worked then?”

“Presumably so,” Yifan said, gladly accepting the hand that was offered to help him stand upright after Yixing had set the bowl safely to the side. “Or they managed to hiccup themselves into a human form and remained that way.”

“Wah! Hic, no!” Sehun managed to vocalise, trying to figure out how he was supposed to stand up and suddenly becoming fascinated with the lower parts of his body because he had never quite seen anything like it. He was tempted to grab Yifan and see if he was the same but thought that may just be a little on the inappropriate side in the grand scheme of life so instead he prodded at Tao’s stomach once again.

Immediately the black dragon let out a shriek and tried to roll away from his playmate, his words not forming anything coherent even in the usual baby dragon babble that very few people could ever understand. Of course, naturally, Sehun saw nothing but an opportunity to play and once again launched himself after his friend, letting out a series of clicks and whistles that made even less sense than they had before.

Yifan blinked and turned to look at Yixing, “Erm, if they’re going to do that I think we’re going to have to get them some clothes.”

“Yes,” Yixing said with a sigh, “Though preferably durable ones with the rate that them two are going.”

“Did I hear the need for clothes?” Chen called, coming down the corridor carrying a large bundle of clothing items and a very cheeky smile on his face. “Kyungsoo took a look at the potion last night and realised that there was a fig leaf added which would delay the spell working properly so hence the fun we had with the hiccups.”

Yixing blinked, “Oh, right. Oopse.”

About to groan, Yifan instead had to leap out of the way as the two baby dragons came tumbling out of the room and into the corridor, still completely and engaged in a very rough version of their usual silly games. Chen blinked down towards the pair and then burst out laughing, catching the pair completely by surprise.

Tao looked up from his position of having Sehun pinned and blinked towards Chen, whilst Sehun just grumbled and tried to kick the other off of him but completely failed.

“Well, this is certainly a turn up for the books,” Chen grinned, “Yixing, take Yifan for a bath and some breakfast whilst I get these two twits covered up and walking somewhat properly.”

Yixing nodded, catching hold of Yifan’s hand, “Sounds like a good plan. Though don’t be too rough on them, will you?”

“Ha, they’re already mucking about like normal so I don’t think that this will take too long,” Chen waved cheerily before turning back to the pair on the floor, “Right you two, let’s see if we can’t get you just a little bit on the more presentable side.”

Yifan stole a glance over his shoulder as he was led down the corridor towards the kitchen, nearly having to stop himself from breaking into a fit of giggles as he saw Chen disappearing under a mound of fabric and clothes. It appeared that the two youngest dragons were not done playing yet and Chen would be joining in whether he wanted to or not. 

 

authors babbling: some adorable silly fluff to make up for my absymal lack of updating as of late. Hope it's worth it and I should be back on an more even keel with updating for the time being.