Chapter 5

Let's catch puppies
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been already a long minute since Jaehwan stopped to talk. He was remembering over and over the three words Taekwoon just pronounced.

 

I love you… ? 

 

That couldn’t be true. He was certainly joking, trying to make fun of him. There was no way for Taekwoon to fell in love with him. He was so simple, so normal… And he was a man.  

His phone was still ringing in his pocket, but he didn’t give a about it. 

Jaehwan lifted his hand to his lips, and carefully brushed it. He stilled could feel the sensation of Taekwoon’s lips. It was soft, and his kiss was so loving. He slid his hand on his chest, as his heart missed a beat. He couldn’t lie. He appreciated this kiss for sure.

 

What’s wrong with me ?  

 

Taekwoon was patiently waiting for Jaehwan’s answer.

He knew it was mind breaking for this poor baby, and he was probably thinking about thousands of stuffs. Looking at Jaehwan, he realized that his face was all red, a way more colored than his own pink cheeks. Even if Taekwoon looked really cool right now, inside of him, a war had started. His hear was racing as if he just ran a marathon, while his stomach was hurting as hell, and his brain was functioning at the speed of the light, concatenating hundred and hundred ideas.

After a long silent, Jaehwan managed to pronounce some words, but was still unable to form a true sentence. He pointed at Taekwoon. « You... ? » And then at himself. « … Me ? » 

Taekwoon simply nodded. « Yes, I love you. » 

 

Jaehwan’s heart missed another beat when he heard one more time those words. He couldn’t explain why he was reacting like this. That was so new for him. Nobody ever confessed to him before him. He deeply swallowed. « Taekwoon-ah… » He dropped his gaze. « I don’t think I… » Jaehwan was realizing how hard it was to turn off someone 

« I know you don’t love me. » he placed his hand on Jaehwan’s chin, making him look at him. His eyes opened wider when he saw Taekwoon's lips curling into a little smile. « Then I’ll just make you fall for me. » 

 

He felt his face burning as he heard his heart racing quicker, and prayed that Taekwoon didn’t hear it. « I think I… »  

The ring bell of his phones echoed in the courtyard for the third time already. At the sound of his phone, Jaehwan made a step backward and bit his lips, looking one more time at the ground. « It’s useless, I can’t go out with anybody… » he hid his eyes with his bangs, and whispered. « My life is… so complicated… »  

 

Taekwoon’s smile vanished as he made a step forward. « Why ? » He made a deadpan expression. He didn’t expect such rejection.« What is complicated ? » 

 

Jaehwan moved back a little more, slowly creating a distance between them. He was totally tensed up, stressed, and was nervously rubbing his right arm with his hand, avoiding any eyes contact. « I can’t tell you… » 

 

When the same song resonated for the fourth time, Jaehwan deeply sighed, and talked to himself. « If he calls me a fifth time I’m dead… » He gave a last gaze at Taekwoon with a painful face. « Forgive me Taekwoon… » and then ran away to the gate. 

 

Teakwooon stayed at his place without moving an inch, observing the running silhouette until it disappear from his sight. When he was sure he was alone, he dragged himself along the banch near to him, and let himself fall on it, both forearms on the backrest, his head turned up. After long seconds of silence, he hardly blushed when he realized he just confessed to Jaehwan. 

 

I really did it ! 

 

He tried to recall all what just happened during the last minutes. He was extremely calm when he said he loved Jaehwan. He was himself surprise to see how serene he was, since he expected some stammers and big hesitations. He was somehow proud of himself.  

And there was no doubt possible, Jaehwan flustered when he confessed. His red face and his avoiding gaze betrayed himself. Taekwoon smiled and silently laugh just by thinking about Jaehwan’s face at this moment. 

 

He was so cute. 

 

But his smile disappeared when he remembered the last word of Jaehwan. He knew that Jaehwan wasn’t in love with him, and wasn’t surprise about that. What seemed odd for him was when Jaehwan said he couldn’t go out with anybody.  

Taekwoon passed his hand in his hair, frustrated. That was nonsense. Why couldn’t he go out with someone ? What was his secret ? Taekwoon bit his lips, starting to worry. Maybe Jaehwan lied and just searched a justification to turn him off. Even if he didn’t look like the kind of person to lie for that, it was a possibility.  

Taekwoon didn’t know what to think anymore. He acted on a whim without wondering about the consequences. Jaehwan may be disgusted right now, he was flustered just because of the surprise, not because he liked the kiss.  

Taekwoon deeply sighed before closing his eyes, feeling the fresh wind ruffling his hair. 

 

Maybe I should just give up about him… 

 

 

« Ya Leo, you still don’t have a girlfriend ? » 

 

Taekwoon almost shocked with his spoon of curry rice. It was already the diner and he was alone with his big sister. His father didn’t come back yet, still working for his job.  

He coughed a little and drank some water before staring at his sister. « No I don’t. And don’t call me Leo. »  

She rolled her eyes. « Oh come on this nickname is adorable. And you let Hakyeon call you this way, so just also let me do it. » she pointed her spoon at Taekwoon. « Anyway ! What is your problem ? You never had a crush ffor any girl of your school ? Or do you always reject them ? I never saw any girl coming in this house. » 

 

Taekwoon sighed. « I don’t reject people, they just don’t talk with me. » Then he took the ladle and served up again some curry in his sister’s plate since her rice ran out of sauce. 

« See ?! My baby Leo is so cute, I can’t believe you when you tell me that ! You’re certainely more popular than you think. » She smiled. « I’m pretty sure that some people love you, but you’re just not aware of it. » 

 

Jaehwan’s face appeared in Taekwoon’s mind. He imagined his adorable flushing face before remembering the answer to his confession. He kept his gaze on his rice and whispered. « If only… » 

 

Her sister let her spoon fall on the ground, the sound of the contact of the metal against the table resonating. Her eyes wide open, she raised her voice. « If only ?! That means you’re really interested in someone ?! » 

Taekwoon stopped to munch, taking few seconds before shyly answering. « I never said that… » 

« And this reaction is even more suspicious ! » She putted her hands up « I can’t believe you hid it from me ! » and then crossed her arms. « I’m listening, tell me everything. » 

 

During the rest of the dinner, Taekwoon desperatly dinied being interested in someone, while his sister, not credulous, didn’t believe any of his words. Taekwoon just quickly finished before leaving the table, and his plate behind him. « Your turn to do the dishes noona. »  

He then dragged himself to the freezer, picking up a coffee-flavor ice-cream, before heading back in his room, closing the door behind him.  

He let himself fall on the bed, his ice cream in his mouth, staring at the ceiling.  

So much happened today. He couldn’t remember the last time he was that tired after a day. He was slowly becoming aware of his actual situtation. Tomorrow he will have to bring himself face to face with Jaehwan, and he had absolutely no clue about how people was supposed to act with someone who rejected them.  

When he said he wanted to make Jaehwan fall in love with him, he was serious. He couldn’t be passive anymore. He wasn’t perfect at all, but he knew that if he was a little less shy, and a little more confident, he had some chance with the cute boy. But he was believing it at this moment. Nevetheless, tomorrow will be another story, he already knew it… 

He deeply sighed and crunched his ice.  

 

Let’s call this a day. 

 

He took his phone to settle an alarm for tomorrow. When he opened it, the screen dispalyed he had five new messages. He already guessed who it was even before checking. He opened the messages of his stalker. 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

O.M.G LEOOOOO !!!! TAEKWOON-AH I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ! 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

I’M ABOUT TO DIE RIGHT NOW !! 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

Ya !! Aren’t you going to answer ?!!!! Can’t you see how eager I’m right now ?!! For god sake Taekwoon answer ! 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

Holy  you must be kidding right now !!! YA JUNG TAEKWOON REPLY !! IT’S AN ORDER !! 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

Okay, I’ll set the record straight : if you don’t answer in the next 5 minutes, I’ll tell to Jaehwan all your embarrassing little secrets. For example the ‘skirt case’, you know what I mean ? 

 

 

Taekwoon almost gasped at the last message. 

 

Oh my god please no, not this story ! 

 

He replied in a flash, his fingers dashing on the touchpad. 

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡ 

Don’t or you’re a dead man. Spill it out now.  

 

As he was settling his alarm for 7am, a new message notification popped up. 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

Finally you’re here ! I bet you were touching yourself for being that late ! (You’re such a ert Taekwoonie >\\<).  Anyway, anyway, I’ll tell you everything (warning, massive sms incoming). 

 

Taekwoon facepalmed and muttered « Hakyeon you… seriously… ». But still, he was curious about what was making his chilhood friend that excited. Something good happened to him. Taekwoon thought that his day was a way luckier than his own exhausting one.  

Waiting for the answer, he slowly scrolled the whole discussion with Hakyeon, reading again his old messages with him. They were all more or less nondescript. « Right now I’m eating a dorayaki :3 », « I just saw a heart-shaped cloud, I hope my baby rapper also noticed it ♡ ».  

But one message especially drew his attention. The one Hakyeon sent him when they were at the café. Taekwoon read one more time all the words, one by one, his smile increasing at each word.  

« Jaehwan is literally feasting his eyes on you, I think he fell for you even before noticing it. » 

 

He knew that Hakyeon was probably overreacting as always. But still, thinking that Jaehwan was looking at him was… so exciting.  

 

If only he really fell for me. 

 

His phone finally vibrated. Noticing the time his friend took to writte this message, he believed that Hakyeon’s warning wasn’t a joke.  

He opened the message, and almost chocked with his last bit of ice cream when he read the first sentence. 

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡ 

I'M GOING OUT WITH RAVI !!!!!!!!! ☆*:.°.○(≧▽≦)○.°.:*☆ 

Omg you can't even imagine how much I always wanted to say that. i'm dying just by pronunciate those words. My fingers are shaking while they are tapping.  

RAVI KISSED ME. And not a little kiss, no no ! I'm talking about a ing lust one ! He suddenly caught me and and omg I'm feeling hot just by thinking one more time about it. 

Anyway after after ! He directly looked right in my eyes and said with a smooth voice « I love you, more than anything in this world. You're my everything. Don't avoid me, don't ignore me… Please go out with me. » 

LEOOO !!! If only you saw him ! He was so...  so... Confident ! I couldn't recognize him, I was just dying because of his iness. At this moment, I had no choice but to break into tears. 

I ALWAYS KNEW MY ALL 153 PLANS WEREN'T USELESS ! They finally worked \o/ I'm so happy, I can't describe this feeling of happiness, I just want to open my windows and scream to the world that I'm finally going out with my precious baby ♥  

Wow I really needed to talk about it with you, thank you Taekwoonie ♥ I think I'll say it to Kong now, even if Ravi probably already told him about us x3 

So never give up with your puppy, it will work out someday, for sure !! 

 

 

His jaw dropped on the ground. He remembered this morning, a little depressed Wonsik always looking down, and a cold Hakyeon, living as if the red-haired boy didn't exist. 

And only few hours later... They were kissing and declarating their love to each other. That was just unbelievable. 

Of course, Taekwoon was happy for Hakyeon, really happy. It has been already many and many years since he was waiting for it, and he deserved to be with Wonsik. But when thought about his situation with Jaehwan, he couldn't help feeling a bit envious. His childhood friend was trying to cheer him up, but after Jaehwan's rejection, it wasn't easy to stay positive.  

Despite everything, his lips slightly curled into a smile while he typed his answer. 

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡ 

You finally did it Hakyeon, I'm so happy for you, really. I believe you'll make a good couple of babo. If you encounter any difficulty, just come to talk with me. I'm probably not the best person to help you, but I'll do my best at least. 

Don't forget to rest tonight, I know you'll probably not being able to sleep a wink all night. 

See you tomorrow. 

 

 

He was about to send the message, but after reading it again, he remembered what Hakyeon told jhim about his coldness in his sms. He frowned, searching where he could possibly add some smileys, and also which he should use. He awkwardly added random emojies everywhere. 

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡ 

 

You finally did it Hakyeon +_+ I'm so happy for you, really. \o/ I believe you'll make a good couple of babo. If you encounter any difficulty, just come to talk with me. I'm probably not the best person to help you, but I'll do my best at least. m(_ _)m 

Don't forge

Please log in to read the full chapter