Chapter 2

Let's catch puppies
Please log in to read the full chapter


 

It was finally the end of today's last class. Everybody stood up and bowed. Strangely, this time, no girls came to see Jaehwan. Many of them peeked at him, hesitating to invite him to comeback together. But they didn't.


 

Hongbin jumped on the occasion, and approached Jaehwan who was tidying up his stuffs. « Yo man ! » He waved his hand. « I'm Lee Hongbin. I'm sitting there, behind, next to the door. »

 

Jaehwan immediately chuckled. «So we have the same last name ? It must be the destiny ! » Hongbin grinned, showing his white teeth, delighted with those words. « Yes, I hope so. »

 

The cute boy heared a sigh coming from his back. When he turned over, he founded Taekwoon who was closing his backpack. This last one walk to Hongbin and pulled his sleeve, whispering. « Work. »


 

Taekwoon and Hongbin were working with Ravi at a café near their highschool since the beginning of their 11th grade. Hongbin and Taekwoon were working as waiters, when Ravi was working in the kitchen. Hours were flexible, the boss was a nice person, and it was a good way to earn some moneys.

Taekwoon’s eyes finally moved to Jaehwan…. Who was also looking at him. Even if his face stilled totally stoic, his heart started to race. He wanted to invite Jaehwan to come at the café. He wanted it so badly.

Taekwoon’s gaze became more intense, and he opened his mouth. But no sounds came out.

I can’t…

Jaehwan tilted his head, curious with the strange behavior of Taekwoon. « Wha- »

But Hongbin cut him off. « That’s right ! What’s about coming with us ? We are actually working at a café. »

Taekwoon felt like he just got slapped on his face. Not only he hadn’t been able to ask what he wanted, but also Hongbin just pronounced the exact words he couldn’t say.

I'm such a coward...

Jaehwan scratched his head, a little embarrassed. « Oh I would have loved to come… But today will be a little hard for me… » At that moment, his phone rang. He took a look at who was calling him. « Aish… I’m sorry, I need to go. » He waved his hand and left the room class in a flash, leaving the two teenagers alone.

« He’s a strange boy, no ? » Hongbin slowly walked to the corridor, Taekwoon by his side. He nodded « Hmm. »

 

Strangely cute yes.

.

.

.

 

It was already 11pm. Taekwoon was laying on his mattress, his bedside lamp as only source of light. With a sheet in one hand, and a pencil in his other, he was staring at the strange formulas written on the paper. After few minutes of concentration, he took his calculator and quickly pushed several buttons, before scribbling some numbers in the answers' squares.

When he finished his mathematics exercises, he threw the sheet on his bag. He was about to pass to the physics ones when he received a message on his phone. He looked at his watch.

 

At this hour, it must be…

 

He hesitated to just ignore him, when he remembered what Hakyeon said to him on the rooftop earlier. As he was shifting his hand on his phone, another 'meow' echoed in the room. He finally opened his messages.

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡

As always, I’ve founded THE perfect idea ! You know, to help you with your puppy~~ \(^o^)/

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡

And don’t even try to ignore me ! I know you’re not sleeping, so answer right now ! >_<

 

Taekwoon silently laughed. Of course he was sometimes finding Hakyeon tiring. But was also able to be really thoughtful.

His fingers ran on the keypad.

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡

Spill it.

 

Less than 15 seconds passed when the phone meowed.

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡

Offer this person to come at the café ! Omg I’m such a genius ^^

 

Taekwoon made a face.

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡

We already did. He replied he couldn’t today.

 

This time, Taekwoon didn’t take the trouble to close his smartphone, expecting for a message in the next seconds. And he was right.

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡

HE ? IT'S A MAN ? FOR GOD SAKE, TAEKWOON, TELL ME THAT FIRST NEXT TIME ! O.O *facepalm* Anyway ! Today was today. Just ask him one more time tomorrow ! He will certainly say yes :3

 

A notification of a new message displayed at the same time.

From : My lovely N ♡♡

By the way, you really need to add smileys in your messages… they are colder than ice…

 

Taekwoon deeply sighed. He was already aware of his coldness. It's not as if he wanted to be like that. It's just... He couldn’t act as Hakyeon or Jaehwan naturally do. His brain, his body… they all refused to be that energic.

That’s why he needed to try hard to pluck up his courage for tomorrow.

 

I’ll do it for sure !

 

One more time, a mew resonated in the room. « Hmm ? »

 

From : My lovely N ♡♡

Are you upset about what I just said ? ㅠㅠ I’m sorry… I know that inside of you, you’re as warm as the sun, so please don’t sulk. ☆

 

Taekwoon shyly smiled.

 

Thank you Hakyeon, really.

 

To : My lovely N ♡♡

I will not sulk for such trifle (unlike someone I know…). I’ll try my best tomorrow. Good night.

 

He turned off his phone and was about to go to the dream world, when he noticed the physics' theorems written on the sheet which was earlier in his hand. His eyes looked at his pillow, then at the paper. Pillow, paper. Pillow, paper…

 

Sleep…

 

The physics exercises joined the mathematics ones. With no guilt, Taekwoon laid on his bed, covered his body with a blanket, and slowly felt asleep, his minds full of Jaehwan's face.

.

.

.

 

« Sorry I’m late ! » Jaehwan suddenly showed up in the classroom. He was almost ten minutes late. He bowed in an angle of 90 degrees before getting back his place.

Taekwoon sighed of relief. He was afraid to not see him for the whole day. Plus, he was worried that something may has happened to him, like coming down with a cold, or something even worse.

Jaehwan was out of breath. Sweating, some flowing beads of sweat on his forehead was wetting his bangs. His damp white shirt was stucking against his chest, drawing the lines of his torso. He wasn’t brawny, not at all. But having a quick vision of this body was enough to make Taekwoon swallow, his look fixed on Jaehwan's body.

y…

But the ‘y’ boy didn’t notice the gaze on him, since he was too focused on something else. Something on his table. Something black and white. Something on which was written ‘Physics test'.

Both hands on his cheeks, the mouth wide open, a scared gaze, he seemed terrified. He wasn’t expecting this test at all, and first of all, he hated physics.

He took a big breath, determined, despite his disgust, to give his everything in this Satan’s creation, and dived his hand in his backpack. But after a long minute, he wasn’t moving anymore. His bag felt on the ground.

Taekwoon woke up from his hypnosis, and took a better look at the boy beside him. He then discovered that his shirt and bangs weren’t the only wet

Please log in to read the full chapter