Chapter 1

The Intern

"Ms Kim, Ms Kang would like to see you now" the woman on the desk called me.

I stood up and bowed to the person who called me before entering the office. I saw a short haired girl wearing blue striped polo shirt sitting on the desk reading some paper works. Maybe those are my files.

"Good morning.." I greeted, but the girl sitting ahead of me cut my sentence

"Ah, you must be ms Kim Taeyeon" she looked at me "take a seat" she pointed at the seat in front of the table and I bowed my head as respect before sitting.

"So you're the new intern?" She said while looking through my files.

"Yes, I grabbed this opportunity the moment I first knew that you are accepting interns." I answered. Actually, I really want to be a comic book designer or writer. I have various collections of comic books at my place. I had different kinds, super heroes, lovey dovey comics, adult comics, joke comics and more. I got interested on writing. I wanted to write the plot, I wanted to draw the characters. I want to have my own comic book. But this job that I'm applying as an intern is almost similar on comic books.

Sone Note magazine. The number one best-selling magazine in Korea. It is known for the best quality contents of their monthly magazine issues. Also, one of the richest magazine company slash publishing company. Almost everybody looks forward to their work.

I took this opportunity to work on a magazine company, especially this kind. No matter where I'll be assigned, it will be fine with me. I just want to see my name on that special piece of paper. I want to be proud of something I worked hard for.

"Ah by the way, my name is Kang Seulgi, and I am the secretary of this company." she introduced herself to me. "Thank you for taking this opportunity. You'll start tomorrow. Just go to this building and walk to the first left that you'll see. And it will lead you to your new work place." She explained

I smiled "thank you ms. Kang" I stood up and bowed before leaving.

~~~

The morning came faster that I thought. I wore a beautiful black fitted skirt and white plaid shirt. I need to look more presentable, especially if it's my first day.

I followed miss. Choi's directions from yesterday. I took the first left turn of the huge building. It's kinda odd tho, the surroundings are turning dark and dull.

I saw the sign on the glass door 'management team'

Maybe this is it.

I walked right in and everybody looked awkwardly at me. I dont know what to do. Am I in the right room? Do I belong here? There must be a mistake.

"Miss Kim?" Someone said, but I have no idea who said it

I looked around and saw a girl looking at me. She must be the one incharge here. "Are you Ms. Kim?" She asked me

I nodded. Awkward. "I was expecting you" she said while smiling "oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself." She fixed her dress "I'm Kim Hyoyeon, I'm the one incharge on this place" we shook hands. I smiled. She looks nice.

"Welcome to the management team" showed me the whole room. Everybody is still looking at me. But less creepier than before.

I took a look around once again. The atmosphere is weird. It's dull. It's like I'm on a black and white movie. No colors. Just plain gray everywhere. And it's quiet. The workers are focused on their computer screens. Not saying a single word to each other.

"This is your desk" miss Hyoyeon showed me my desk. It has a telephone, a cork board, a computer set, papers on the side and a pencil holder.

"Incase you're wondering, the work that we do here is send email to different places. Like different countries " miss Hyoyeon explained "if there's any problem on the magazine that we produce. We also take phone calls."

Did I applied as a call center agent?

I smiled. "Thank you ms. Kim" i said.

"Oh, you can call me ms. Hyoyeon since we have the same surname" she smiled

"Thank you ms. Hyoyeon" I said again.

"Good luck on your first day, and please enjoy your stay" she bowed her head and left.

I sat down on my office chair and stared at the computer screen which is still closed. I was about to turn it on when somebody grabbed my shoulders

"Excuse me can you please take this to the designing team? I'm really busy right now" a girl asked me while handing me handful of papers. I have no choice but to accept the errand "thanks. Just walk straight from this direction. When your environment turned to yellow, you're already there." She instructed me. I nodded and she thanked me again before sitting on her own chair.

~

I walked straight and started looking around. This place looks so relaxing and comfortable. But why is it different when it comes from the management team?

I noticed that my surroundings are changing into a more lively one. I feel realived when the surroundings changed to yellow.

I fially saw the sign 'designer team' on the wall beside the glass door. This looks completely different from the management team. The sign is imprinted to the wall with silver. Looking classy and elegant.

I pushed the glass door with my body since I have a lot of papers in my hand. When I got into the room, it looks very very cool. You need to walk down on this small stairs from the door to finally step inside fully. The room has few workers. Like 6 or something? The desks looks different, but livelier than what we had in the management team. There's a second floor. There's a huge white board. And I saw the office of their manager, but it's closed with blinders.

I completely forgotten the purpose of my visit there. I was brought back into reality when somebody finally approached me "excuse me miss, can I help you?" A guy asked me. He looks nice and friendly.

"The management team told me to bring this to the designer team" I handed the paper works.

He took the papers from me and looked at it "ah this! We were waiting for this. Thank you." He smiled and left. I feel kinda weird. I work on the management team and I dont even have an idea what did I bring here. Is it that important? Of course I need to know what it is since I was assigned there.

I was about to leave when someone stopped me again "excuse me, can you bring this upstairs? I'm on a hurry" a girl told me while she's typing something on her phone.

Why is everybody in a rush?

I took the box on the second floor and looked down on the first floor. The place surely looks beautiful. If only I work here.. It feels more comfortable.

"Hey you" somebody shouted from the first floor "you on the second floor!" I looked down and pointed to my self. Me? "Yes you. Get down here" did I do something wrong?

"Help me pick a nice pair of clothing for our next model" a girl told me
"But I.." I attempted to speak.

"No buts! Just pick one." I was about to say that I dont work here but she seems to be in a hurry too. I picked a random pair of clothing and showed it to her "this looks perfect! Thank you" she patted my shoulders and left. I really need to get out of here before its too late–

"Excuse me miss, can you–"

This will be a looooooong day for me.

~~~

The day is finally over. I havent returned to the management team's office since I left. I wonder if they looked for me

"You look exhausted" someone said from behind me "you dont work here dont you?" I nodded "you're from a different team arent you?" I nodded again "you accepted so many request from a different team. And you're an intern right?" I nodded again. Wow she knows everything.

"Look, I told our boss' assistant about you. And she watched you work. She told me to tell you that you should start working here from now on" she explained. "She called the management team and said that we, the designing team, are stealing you from them" she said. I want to laugh when she said stealing. But I feel so tired from all the errands that I did, but I managed to show a tired smile.

"You look tired, you should go home" she patted my shoulders "you worked hard today" she smiled, I smiled back. "Boss said you can see her tomorrow and she'll assign you to your designated work." I bowed and thanked her for everything. But I dont even know her name.

"Ah yes, I'm Lee Soonkyu. You can call me Sunny" she winked and left the room.

I saw their boss' room, and the lights are still on. Should I go there? Introduce my self maybe? I looked at my watch. It's getting late

I can do that tomorrow.