-4-

The Sound Of Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guysssss thank you so so much for your feedbacks! I really really really appreciate it, it really made my day knowing you guys like it ^^ you guys are da best

About why I made Kai to be the bad guy here, you'll understand about it later in the story if you keep reading it :) I love him, I really do, but it's just like one of y'all said, he looks like he fits to be the bad guy in this story / anywhere else so yeah HAHAH ( but I still love you Kai :* ).. I actually considered Bogum to be the bad guy here, but I decided to give him another role to fill in. So, as you know by now, Bogummie will make an appearance here, but i'm still not quite sure when he's gonna showed up though.

Once again, I'm sorry if there's any grammatical error

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

(Chapter 4)

The walk to her house was quite comforting.

They just walked side by side, no one bothered to break the silence.

Well, technically only Irene can break the silence.

By the interaction they just had earlier, Irene realized that Seulgi never talk. Not when they first met face to face, or even now. Instead, she communicated with her pen and notebook.

Irene never pointed it out to her though.

Maybe because of the fact that she didn’t want to be insensitive to her when the younger girl already bother to spend her time with her.

And maybe because that there was a possibility that Seulgi is mute.

Right now, she won’t asked her about that though. She already assumed that it was inappropriate for her to asked that as they were not close with each other. At least not yet.

But, not like many people around, Irene always found comfort in silence.

Many will thought that it was rather awkward to spend their time with someone else in silence. But not for her. not for them.

Few minutes have passed as they continue to walk in silence and without them knowing, they already arrived in front of her house.

Irene turned to face Seulgi.

She wanted to say thank you to the latter, but somehow that word just won’t came out of .

“Take care”

Instead, she said that.

She didn’t expect the younger girl to send a comforting smile to her though.

As if she know what Irene actually wanted to say without her saying the word out loud.

Seulgi bowed her head a little to Irene before she re-adjusted her bag and then turned to walk away.

Irene just watched her until her back got smaller and smaller, and then eventually disappeared from her vision.

And without Irene knowing, a small amount of hope flickered in the depth of her soul.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Irene, are you okay??”, She heard her boyfriend’s footsteps come nearing her and when he was already close enough to the girl, he examined her face for a while.

“He really did punch you”, He mumbled as he caressed his girlfriend’s left cheek, only to take back his hand when the girl flinched against his touch.

“Sorry”

She just nodded her head as she took some books from the locker.

“I heard it from Joy, I swear I will kill that ”

He didn’t get any respond from her, and that made him furrow his eyebrows as the girl only turned away from him with one hand grabbing the book she just took.

She stopped when she realized that there was a hand grabbing her hand, holding her from walking away.

Irene turned her head to him and just stared at him.

“You’re being weird”

“I’m not, now let go of me”

“not until you tell me what’s going on”

“There’s nothing going on, I’m just not in the mood to talk right now.” Irene sighed. “now, would you mind letting my hand go?”

James stared at her before he let her hand go.

Irene glanced at him and then left without saying a word.

‘Maybe it was because of yesterday’, He thought as he shrugged his shoulder.

----------------------------------------------------------

“Now then” Irene heard her teacher clapped her hand. “It’s time to talk about the project I’ll give you”

The class was filled with groans and whines.

“Now now, I know that you may not like it, but this is important so that there will be a score for your monthly grade. I’ll give you 2 weeks to finish the project and this time, you will do it in a pair.”

She heard whispers booming around the class as she knew that they were searching for a partner to do it.

But Irene was not that kind of person. She didn’t have any friends in this class either so she just stayed quiet in her seat.

There will always be someone left that she will be paired up with anyway, why bother asking.

“It’s almost 5 minutes left until the school bell’s ring, you may search for your partner and discuss it with them.”, the teacher said after explaining about some things about the project.

And then, everyone were talking and the sound of chairs scraping against the floor can be heard clearly.

Yet, Irene didn’t move a finger as she just continued to gaze at the view outside of the window.

Nothing was unusual, until she heard footsteps coming to her.

“Hey”

Irene snapped out of her daze and looked at the person.

It was Wendy.

She never expected the blonde to came to her and take the initiative to approach her.

“Have you find a partner to paired up with yet?”

Irene was confused, but she shake her head no nonetheless.

Wendy just smiled.

“Good. Would you mind if I paired up with you?”

For all she know, Wendy was an out-going person and she had a lot of friends, so it’s no surprise that Irene was confused why Wendy chose and asked her to be her partner for the project. Moreover, her boyfriend and Wendy were not on a good terms with each other.

Irene felt many eyes were staring at them. She assumed it was from Wendy’s friends but she didn’t pay any attention to it.

Well, Irene didn’t care though so she just shrugged her shoulders before looking back outside of the window. “Suits yourself”

Even with her cold demeanor, She realized that Wendy didn’t even seem to be affected by it. Either she didn’t notice that or she just ignored it.

She sat on the unoccupied chair in front of Irene’s seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter