Orientation

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6: Orientation

 

Jessica's P.O.V.

 

Seoul National University Hospital

 

I stopped at my tracks when I heard him say my name. My heart started beating faster and was lost for a second before I could even respond to him. "..Thank you too, Kwon Yul. I'll see you at school. Bye." I said before I ended the call.

 

"Weird. I don't even know him."

 

They are all looking at me weirdly as I was staring at nothing after the call.

 

Taeng woke me up from my thoughts. "So Jess, what did he say?"

 

My head turned immediately at him brushing the lost stance earlier. "Ahh yeah, he said we don't have to personally thank him. It's enough that we have already acknowledged his help."

 

My dad nodded his head in understanding manner. "Oh, okay then. We will eventually meet him at school in no time."

 

---

 

Taeng and Tiffany was about to leave after spending some quality time with us. They are those friends that have technically become part of the family who never miss out on important gatherings in our home. My parents always want them present, and fate have turned Taeng's father to be our business partner in the end. All building construction plans of our project are all appointed in their firm.

 

I walked them to the main entrance of the hospital.

 

"I'll see you at school then?" Tiff's eyes transformed into a moon crescent shape as she smiled at me.

 

Breathing the city air contentedly, "Ah-huh. Take care you two. And Taeng, my eyes are on you." I joked at him and made a slash on my neck using my thumb.

 

He laughed.

 

"It's Tiffany we're talking about. You don't have to worry, okay?" He assured me as he put his arms around Tiff's shoulders.

 

"Aish." I annoyingly breathed out at the lovey dovey sight. "Okay, shoo!" And pushed them outside jokingly. 

 

---

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

It's been a week since the accident. The family is preparing their things as they are now free to go home. Mr. Jung and Krystal are still strictly monitored by the doctor and they need to have their weekly check up to prevent more sickness.

 

Mr. Jung stood up from his bed at a leisurely pace to change his clothes. "Sweetheart, why don't you go visit Seunghon if he could also go home with us later?"

 

"Okay, I'll go check him. But don't move too much, hmm?"

 

She then shifted her attention to Krystal. "Krys, I'll be out for a minute." Krystal nodded at her mom without separating her eyes from the magazine she was reading.

 

Mrs. Jung checked her husband again before going out of the room.

 

---

 

Seunghon has been Mr. Jung's driver for almost a decade and this is the first time that his driving had failed him that caused the accident.

 

*knock knock*

 

Mrs. Jung entered Seunghon's ward and his family welcomed her, bowing their heads respectfully.

 

"Oh, Soojin-shi. You came."

 

Seunghon's wife offered her a seat. After carefully plopping down on the seat that was given to her, she takes a look at the driver. "Yeah, I'm here to check on Seunghon. We're allowed to go home now. How about him?" She asked.

 

Before his wife could answer, he interjected. "Yes ma'am. I'll be going home today too. How is sir Albert and Krystal doing?" His wife help him sit up. "I'm really sorry for what happened. It's my fault." The old man dropped his head down in despair.

 

"No, don't be.. I'm just curious why the accident happened? There's no way the car was broken. Don't you think?" A brow rose and curiously questioned.

 

"Yes, ma'am. I always make sure that the car is always fine before driving. But the police are starting to investigate, I hope it's just the car's problem and no one's involved." He sadly shook his head, still can't believe what had happened.

 

"I hope so too." She heaved a sigh but followed it with a comforting smile after and stood up. "So I guess, I'll have to go. Got to help Albert and Krystal there. Rest well."

 

"Ahh yes. Thank you so much Soojin-shi." They bowed their heads slightly at her. Mrs. Jung then nodded at them and walked her way out.

 

---

 

Jessica's P.O.V.

 

Eclare University

 

Today is the first day of school. I decided to take business course and I'm planning to get special classes at fashion designing. I guess that should work out.

 

I can't believe the days had passed by really quick.

 

It's been a week since Krystal and dad were freed from hospital. I'm glad th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter