New Thing

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HELLO! It's been a while, I know. :^) But I'd like you to all know that it was not my intention to prolong the update, it's just that there was so many issues that prevent me from writing. Sorry guys, my laptop fell really hard and it broke my LCD making it impossible for me to continue writing and it took me so long to have it repaired. Also, the internet connection =(( I've been having trouble paying it, that's why.

I'm open to accepting donations! Just let me know! 

HAHA.

Just kidding! Enjoy the short chapter!

 

 

Chapter 51: New Thing

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

The air was quiet, and for a while Jessica was holding Tiffany in her arms, consoling her as she lets her cry out the pain in her heart. Jessica never thought this would happen to her best friend – the one who was in a relationship with someone she trusted the most, too, someone she believed who would not hurt Tiffany. The last thing she would think of is Taeng would do something cheap and play for a er because he was never that type of person. But damn, he’s so good at making everyone around him believe like he’s the dream guy but it turned out to be just another jerk.

 

Jessica knows she should not judge too soon without having to hear both sides yet but what’s done is done and a mistake is a mistake whether it was small or big.

 

It’s been a couple of days since Tiffany caught him kissing someone else and what’s worse is that the scene kept replaying in her mind, sort of making her feel more horrible. And this thought of the possibility that this cheating was actually happening for a long time, it feels like she’s literally going to lose her mind.

 

And she could only tell Jessica now when she got spare time from her busy schedule in school and her incoming internship.

 

Taeng showed no sign for it. He was the same person Tiffany fell in love with until that day. But in the end, he left her at the highest level that it hurt her so much when her feelings fell rock bottom without anyone to catch her.

 

Jessica grits her teeth. She’s mad that she wasn’t able to protect Tiffany. She could have seen this coming but at some point, she was so busy building and protecting her own relationship to even ask how her best friend was.

 

“I’m so mad that Taeng could actually break your heart.” Jessica hissed.

 

Tiffany sobs a bit louder when she heard his name. “Is it my fault?” She hopelessly asked, still can’t accept the fact because she trusted Taeng so much more than anyone else.

 

“No, of course not! You are a very strong independent woman. You’re smart, beautiful and y too – everything that men could ask for in a woman.  You’re amazing.. it’s just that Taeng is a hundred percent stupid to hurt you, believe me.” Jessica shook her head in disbelief. Now all of Tiffany’s self-esteem has disappeared and it’s been impossible to see her at her best state. “Do you even know the ?”

 

Tiffany sniffed and pulled herself away from Jessica’s hug, wiping away the unstoppable tears from her face. “Yes.”

 

“Who?!” The other girl impatiently asked.

 

“..I-it was Hani.” She spoke in anger as all of the images of them kissing together flashback in her mind and it’s twisting her heart into pieces that she could barely breathe.

 

Jessica’s eyes turned wide and huffed. She felt bad that her best friend has to go through this kind of phase, Tiffany deserved better and she thought Taeng was better. “Oh, god! That isn’t even half of you! How could you let them do this to you? That bastard is gonna get a piece of me.” The look on her face seemed incredibly mad.

 

Those words couldn’t get through Tiffany’s head. Instead, all she could say was,“I love him, Jess. I..I trusted him.” she cried even harder.

 

The eyes that were watching her softened. Jessica wished she had something better to say to make her feel better but nothing would really do. The least she could do is embrace her again and let her know that she’s not alone in this.

 

“I know..” Jessica helplessly replied as she caressed the back of her head. “I’ll be here for you no matter what.”

 

---

 

Yul’s P.O.V.

 

Being happy surely makes you feel like twenty four hours in a day is just spent like an hour. It’s been years since I’ve told my parents the opportunity Mr. Jung gave me and left out the marriage part. I just thought it’s not necessary to bring it up yet.

 

Seeing the reaction on their faces, I’d felt my heart melted. And that’s the first time I’d seen them so proud and grateful. They immediately invited Jessica’s parents for dinner and, unexpectedly, they agreed. Ever since I got Sir Albert’s approval, everything that’s been happening overwhelms me. I mean, I did not expect them to accept the invitation and had dinner in our average home. Plus, I was treated like a family ever since. Everything is already in place.

 

Few days ago, I decided to go to a pet shop after finishing my requirements for internship. I thought a pet would be a good present for Jessica when I leave for New York – something that would keep her company when I’m not around anymore.

 

It was just a small pet store for people looking to have puppies of different breeds. And there was the owner introducing me to various puppies.

 

“Do you have personal preference, sir? We have 2 months old Siberian Husky. Normally, guys that come in here look for that type of breed.” The owner kindly shared.

 

I politely shook my head and smiled. “Uh, no. Actually, it’s for my girlfriend. How about something small?”

 

“Ah that!” Then he realized where he should bring his customer to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter