Eclare University

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Chapter 1: Eclare University

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Kwon Residence, Seoul

 

It's already six o'clock in the morning and the bright sun rays are starting to illuminate the city of Seoul. Roads are becoming noisier as people start their busy day and even at this early hour, many citizens are already juggling out to their personal agendas. 

 

Meanwhile, a guy is still deep in his slumber for he had pulled an all nighter searching through the internet - the best universities that could give him full scholarship for his college. 

 

And on the other part of this unapologetically modern house, an aging woman was busy cutting ingredients that are splattered around the kitchen bar.

 

"Honey, why don't you wake Yul up so we could have breakfast together?"

 

Mrs. Kwon dearly asked her husband as she mixes the food she was cooking. It is already tasty just by the smell of its steam and the Kwons never had dissatisfaction when it comes to the cooking of their greatest chef in the house. 

 

Mrs. Kwon is just a housewife because Mr. Kwon wanted to have all her attention in taking care of the family and she's been nothing but very supportive, caring and loving mother that the Kwon family could ever ask for. Now she's awake; preparing breakfast for her boys.

 

At the same time, Mr. Kwon is busy preparing himself for work. He is a public prosecutor and a cool dad, that's why Yul became outgoing and friendly because of his parents' influence.

 

"Alright." He willingly agreed as he walks upstairs.

 

---

 

*knock*

 

*knock*

 

"Son!" He loudly calls Yul as he knocks on the door.

 

"Are you awake? I'm going in.."

 

Waiting a bit before coming in, he heard nothing in response so he twisted the door knob and pushed it open.

 

A gloomy room welcomed him when he quietly entered Yul's room. The curtains are draped openly that prevents the sunlight to radiate in.

 

Mr. Kwon surveyed around to see things messed up around him on his bed. It seemed like Yul had been scanning through search engines and different brochures of Colleges  and Universities all night.

 

Mr. Kwon taps him on his legs repeatedly.

 

"Hey, son! Wake up!"

 

He scanned him and waited for him to open his eyes but a groan is what he only got from the unmoving figure.

 

Mr. Kwon clapped his hands loudly.

 

The booming sounds resonated within the room, intending to wake him up from an irritating noise.

 

"Wake up now. It's monday today, better start the week right and complete!" He said, still clapping.

 

The loudness annoyingly rang through Yul's ears and he had no other choice but to wake up. His father's waking up technique is starting to get to him.

 

Groggily, Yul tilted his head towards his father and slowly opened his eyes then scratched them to remove all his morning glory to get a clearer sight of his father.

 

"I'll go down.. Just give me a minute, dad." Yul replied in a hoarse voice.

 

Mr. Kwon sighed in satisfaction, "Okay.." and nodded his head when Yul finally woke up before the old man left the room.

 

Yul felt out of this world at this moment but  he fought his drowsiness and gradually sat up with shoulders sagged. His sight was blurry and eyes barely opened - still feeling restless with only few hours of sleep he had.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter