Signal

F(x) Station - Signal (Philippines) - ZekkenKryberLiu

Amber’s POV

I’ve been starting to have this weird yet fascinating dream. It’s about a beautiful girl. She walking over the big cliff while I’m on the other side, separated from her because of the big rift that is formed between us. Since I can’t fully see her, I’ll always walk over the edge of the cliff and tried narrowing my eyelids. But you throw a small stone into me and leave, as if you’re smiling.

Then one time, you were waving your hands as if you’re asking for help.

Maybe someone is sending me an SOS from far away.” That’s what I always told myself whenever I dreamed of the same thing until I had finally able to clearly see the face of the figure, and I must say … I can never deny her undeniable beauty.

No matter how far I am from the girl, I can still clearly see her face. Those cute pointed nose, cherry-like lips, fierce yet intimidating eyes, silky brown hair, and lastly, the cold beauty and cool aura that I felt no matter the distance is between us. It’s like I’m right beside you even when I’m totally not.

I’m a boring guy who never had a relationship to any girls that passed through my whole life, but I’ll tell you honestly right now that I never wished to dream of a gorgeous being to wander over my sleep thoughts.

My vigorous days had no interest in sentimental romance. But you throw a small stone into me and leave, as if you’re smiling. Even until now, everytime I wake up from that dream, I’ll be thinking about that girl all over again and again.

Your small signal woke up my boring life and gave me a bag full of curiosity and confusion. I really wish to see that girl for real … if ever she is true.

Krystal’s POV

I think I’m starting to get crazy … literally! Thanks for the dream that always repeats everytime I’m going to sleep.

“That guy … who is he?” This is the no.1 question that comes in my mind, everytime I wake up. There’s nothing special in that dream except the guy who’ll always show up with a smile in his face. He always resembles a llama’s face and looks like a complete dork.

It calms me everytime he showed up though. “Maybe it’s orbiting around me, making my heart rush, making me sleepless to the point of forgetting to think straight.” I unsurely said to myself. His presence makes my heart beats erratically and uncontrollably loud.

We’ll always be far away from each other because of a large rift between us. I can’t seem to forget him. Sometimes, I hope that the space between us will disappear, and I’ll be finally able to see you much closer.

Should I throw a net onto your invisible body?” I suddenly blurted out, grabbing the attention of my best friend. “What?” Sulli asked which snapped me out of my daydream. “N-nothing, just thinking of something!” I answered while waving both of my hands in front of us.

“You’re acting really weird these past few days. Are you okay, Soojung?” Victoria-unnie, my other close friend, asked worriedly.

“I’m fine … just remembering something. Anyway, can you girls help me out a little? There’s something I just want to ask you, and please answer it seriously and honestly … with no joke.” They looked at each other first before looking back to me. “Ok.”, “Speak up, Baby Jung.”, “Shoot it up, Krys!” They all said in the same time.

I relaxed myself first before starting, “If there’s a person that shows up again and again in your dreams … is that person somehow destined for you to meet in real life?” I asked them with full curiosity in my tone. Instead of an answer, they all gave me a confused look. I sighed. ‘It’s much harder than I thought.’

“Look … this may sound crazy, but I’m telling the truth. I’m starting to have this one dream where a guy is smiling at me. We were having this big gap between us because of some stupid rift. I don’t know why but it won’t just change. That dream kept on repeating.” I explained.

My expectation of them laughing at me or looking at me with doubt was never shown. Vic-umma was worried while the other two were squealing like mad fangirls. “I can’t fully explain to you. But Krystal … it’s not really bad to think of it as a sign. Don’t give full hopes to it though, but also don’t disregard it. It might be something very special for you to find out once the time is right.” Victoria stated. It’s both made me happy and sad.

If what Victoria-unnie said is true then it’s just like I wander through the darkness and kept asking, Where are you?

“So you’re saying that I should wait until he showed up? But what if he’s not real?” I asked again. “It’s for you to decide on, Soojung. For me, it might be that patience is the main answer for your problem.” Sulli answered as she clung over my left arm. “Yeah, just make sure to introduce him to us, okay?” Luna followed up while hugging my right arm. “Ok, thank you everyone.” I said with a hint of sadness on my voice, but luckily, they didn’t notice it.

If that’s the case then … I will turn my radio on and wait for your signal. Go show up if ever you’re out there, you mysterious llama-faced guy.

Author’s POV

The two individuals kept on having the same said dream, and each day, the two are getting even closer. The rift was finally gone. Gaps are no longer a problem for them to see each other close up.

In just a short while, they quickly clicked and endeared each other. They’re able to give each other a calling, and even let each other hold hands like a real couple.

Amber flew to Korea to continue his study there. He moved in a dorm with his friend, Zack, who’s going to attend the same school, SM-Academy. Krystal, on the other side, was still looking for the guy in her dreams while continuing to live the normal life she’s used to. But little thing they both don’t know is they’re going to attend the same school.

As if a bubble has finally popped, the night when Amber and Krystal sleep under the bright full moon in Korea, they never dreamt of each other again. The next morning made them worry about it.

“Where is she? Why didn’t I dream about her? This is pretty weird … I’m missing her. Please, just let me see Soojung for real!” Amber horribly ruffled his messy hair in frustration. “What just happened to my dream? Why didn’t it showed up like it used to be? Where are you, Yiyun? Just show up already!” Krystal rummaged her drawer as she mumbled everything in annoyance.

More days had passed and the two still didn’t able to meet each other in the campus. It became much worse when their dreams didn’t come back anymore.

Amber’s POV

I walked lifelessly at the hallway. I became like a zombie ever since the day my dream girl didn’t appeared anymore. Call me crazy, but I’m really desperate to meet her. It’s very ironic to hear but I’m completely in love with Soojung now. Every pieces of her image in my dream is fully stuck in my mind.

‘Well, there’s no way I’ll ever forget someone who’s pretty dear to me.’

I stared up in the sky. The sun was pretty bright today but my heart isn’t. “I’ll be an astronaut, I’m searching on into space. Turn on my radio, can you hear me?” I said to the breezy wind. The thought of her being nothing but a fantasy inside my mind never got through me, because if she’s unreal then … why does she’s able to make my heart flutter and beat fast like I’m in ecstasy, right?

She’s real. I know it. I just have to find her myself. ‘I’m turning this radio on, Soojung. I’ll make sure to find your signal once again!’

Krystal’s POV

‘A question mark once again – can’t I keep you after I catch you?’ One of the things I usually wrote everytime I think of my dream that disappear for several days now.

It’s tormenting me, making me lose my control and unconsciously starts crying. ‘Where are you, Yiyun? I’m feeling lonely now that I’m can’t even see you in my dream.’ I fully know you’re not just an unforgettable dream of mine. I know you’re real. I feel it here in my heart. ‘Didn’t expect to fall to someone who only appeared inside my dream, did you?’

Let’s turn it on again, the radio. So I can catch your signal. I’ll never have any doubt about you, and I’m ready to wait. So please … appear in front of me like a prince charming. ‘Will you, Yiyun?

Author’s POV

Everyone was busy preparing for the school festival. Amber was one of the artist and composer for the ‘Arts & Music Club’, while Krystal is a model for her year level. She participate the competition for the ‘Mr. & Ms. SM of the Year’. The fate was really playful and rude. Everytime the two was about to see each other face to face, it will turn the tables up and something will occur to cut the chance.

While practicing her ramp, the spotlight above Krystal was starting to disconnect and lose its balance. Near the entrance of the covered court, stands Amber. He was observing the stage’s status when with his rare sight, he noticed the slight movement of the spotlight’s steel bar holders.

He looked around for any possible person that might get hit and piled up over by the heavy metals.

A sudden rush of adrenaline ran very fast through his veins when he saw the person under the dangerous spotlight. “S-Soojung?!” Without any hesitation, he hurriedly ran fast through the center of the court like a mad man.

“SOOJUNG!!!” He shouted from the top of his lungs as he outstretched his right arm. The girl heard the latter’s voice and shot her gaze right to Amber’s direction. She gasped in surprised, not to the thing that’s about to fall above her, but to the person whose running to where she is. In just a split of seconds, the spotlight cables started to fall apart. Everyone who felt the vibration of the surrounding immediately fled away.

Krystal froze on her spot and couldn’t utter anything but faint words. “Please save me, Yiyun.” She closed her eyes as she waits for the steel bars above her to fall over her frail body.

With a loud noise coming from the crashing metals, a slight thud was heard. The students near the scene came closer and saw two groaning people, fully safe from the crash. Everyone was relieved to know that no one was hurt from the accident.

The two was staring with each other. No one dared to talk. Krystal was lying on the floor while Amber was above her with his hands and legs supporting his weight. “A-are you alright, Soojung?” It was the first thing that came out from his mouth. Krystal nodded and held the latter’s face. “How about you, are you hurt or something?” She asked as she caresses Amber’s cheeks.

Just like a dream come true, the two was finally happy to see each other for real. Once they stood up, they immediately hugged each other.

“I’ve been waiting for too long just to meet you, Stupid. I wander through the darkness like a lost lamb because I was looking for you, you know?” Krystal said with pouting lips. Amber chuckled at the girl’s cute antics. ‘You’re just exactly the Soojung I always spend my time with in our little yet wonderful dream.’

“Well, I am sorry for making you wait that long, but I was so lonely on those times too. I’ve fallen into my thoughts about you, and I can’t escape. From 9 to 5, 5 to 9, I go crazy. But at least, now that you’re here, I can finally calm myself.” Amber’s honest statement made the girl blush hard. He moved closer until his forehead is on Krystal’s. The two stared at each other once again.

“I missed you.” Krystal said. “Me too, Soojung, I missed you like crazy.” Amber replied. Like they’re talking telepathically, the two pull apart and smile genuinely.

“Hi, I’m Amber Liu. The dino-llama face, stupid servant you always bully in our wonderland.” The guy introduced as he reach his hand for a shake. “Hello, Stupid. I’m Krystal Jung Soojung. You’re beautiful princess that waited for you patiently.” The girl accepted Amber’s hand and shook it. They laugh for a minute because of their silliness. Their friends are already staring at them, but they don’t mind it at all.

With the innocent gaze they shared together, they both said something …

“At last, I’ve able to meet you … Amber/Krystal … and finally, I got a signal.”